ADVERTISEMENT

Knights Versus Gators

JRogers555

High School Harry
Nov 3, 2011
I just read that your Knights played a game against the Gators the other day. Apparently it was basically an exhibition game with tough play, media timeouts, and all that jazz. Why has the game not been discussed here? It's on TigerDroppings, ESPN and 247Sports, but there's no chatter about it here. What is the deal, guys? It is the best time of the year - basketball season!

It was not an exhibition game (where stats are taken/published, fans and media can attend), it was a scrimmage...so none of the above is allowed per NCAA rules.

Believe the NCAA rule stats that Div I Basketball teams can play exhibition games (open to the media/public) vs Div II teams or lower, but any pre-season competition vs another Div I team has to be classified as a scrimmage (no media/fans allowed, basically info blackout)...even thought SOME info always slips out.

UCF has an exhibition game tomorrow at 5pm that is open to the public (fans & media) vs West Virginia Tech.
Bottom line, most of us try and follow NCAA rules (even if we heard a thing or two
wink.gif
)
This post was edited on 11/4 11:06 AM by Knight_Light

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT