ADVERTISEMENT

Men’s Basketball Transfer Portal Open Thread

I didn’t think he had anymore availability left
I didn’t think that either. I did hear that they were trying to get another year for him n with the Covid thing who knows anymore. It certainly would be a gift from above if he does come back.🙏

I didn’t think that either. I did hear that they were trying to get another year for him n with the Covid thing who knows anymore. It certainly would be a gift from above if he does come back.🙏
That would be amazing! Great defender and imposing figure in the paint. Cut down on some of the fouls and he’s really solid

Reactions: connerito

MINTAUTAS MOCKUS (Lithuania) played sparingly last season, and now back playing in a European league.

Rokas Jocius adds Big 12 heftiness and offensive skills not seen lately in UCF center/forwards. He displays a range of post moves, has the power to back down thinner centers, can drive from the top of key, and is a legit shooter from behind the arc, as well as plugging the middle on defense. Still needs development to be a decent shot blocker, rebounder, and passer. This is 2-yr old highlights: .

Going to be a good team guy. The LaSalle guys were showing him a ton of love yesterday on IG.

Should be the backup big, just need to find a starter.

Mikey
DJ
Sellers
Hall/Benny
??/Rokas
I was thinking Hall with Benny as perfect when Knights go shorter because Hall has a pro sized forward body and Benny's a jumping jack defender/dunker so they could complement each other nicely. Then Hall and Rokas together against non-fastbreaking or interior passing offenses. Remember that Tyler and Nils are good backup guards in the rotation. You're right though that UCF needs another Big forward/center, preferably for defense.

Rokus is a very common name, even among the Lithuanian national team.
Rokus Ulvydas is the guy that I was trying to remember for us a few years ago. We had a HS recruit last year from Lithuania. Not sure how he did. Last name starts with a P.

Looks like we just got JJ Taylor from Memphis, was a 6'7 4 star coming out of HS (looks like he's an incoming Freshman)

Seems he's Mikey's boy

Last edited:
Looks like we just got JJ Taylor from Memphis, was a 6'7 4 star coming out of HS (looks like he's an incoming Freshman)

Seems he's Mikey's boy
He played in 3 games, 6 minutes total and scored -0- points for Memphis. Thin as a rail (6'8" and 180 lbs) so he will definitely need to strengthen/toughen up to play B12 basketball. And he is Mikey's boy....probably his best friend....they played in HS together. Should mean that both he and Mikey will sign with us but we'll see. If they do, the question is how do they fit in with the rest of the guys? This isn't HS anymore boys.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT