***Tampa Jesuit OL Gavin Blanchard loves UCF's family vibe***

Brandon

Publisher
Staff
May 28, 2001
Winter Park, FL
www.ucfsports.com
bslzbejnvyhjb5yafpzb

Tampa (Fla.) Jesuit offensive lineman Gavin Blanchard had a fantastic experience visiting UCF for the spring game and has already made plans to return for an official visit.

"This (spring game) visit for me was all about the family," Blanchard told UCFSports.com. "Coach (Gus) Malzahn and Coach (Herb) Hand all got to meet with the family. We got there at 4:30 and were immediately greeted. We met with the coaches right away. I introduced my family to Coach Malzahn and Miss Kristi. They're great people."

Blanchard was offered by Hand in January.

"One thing Coach Hand has said is he likes my ability to move," Blanchard said. "Considering I'm an undersized lineman, I can't be lacking in technique. He sees me as a left guard. In their offense, their left guard pulls a decent amount of the time. That's where he thinks I'd be best at.

"His message to me is basically come here, you're wanted. You'd be part of the family. I love that. That's what I'm looking for."

Blanchard said watching the spring game was a lot of fun.

"I thought the entire thing was competitive," he said. "I like how they broke it up and did fun stuff like linemen catching punts and the face. That shows a lot about the program. They get the job done when it's needed, but also can still have a good time."

He's booked his first official visit to UCF on May 31 - Bounce House Weekend.

"What I like most about UCF is the people," Blanchard said. "You can feel when coaches are trying to be fake or pitch you something, but not UCF. They're not fake. They just want me for who I am and want to develop and turn me into a great man."

Blanchard has also recently visited USF and Miami. He's planning to see Ole Miss soon.

"Some of my favorites right now are UCF, Clemson, Missouri and USF," Blanchard said. "Those are the coaches I talk to the most. I know they care. I plan to take a few visits and then make my decision."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News