ADVERTISEMENT

“Other than slavery, which was a different kind of restraint, this is the greatest intrusion on civil liberties in American history,"

Have we ever had a situation where certain businesses were under threat of penalty for conducting business when the guy next door was allowed to? Not sure I would say that its number 2 in our history, but it definitely is a civil rights violation.

Have we ever had a situation where certain businesses were under threat of penalty for conducting business when the guy next door was allowed to? Not sure I would say that its number 2 in our history, but it definitely is a civil rights violation.
On the surface, it DOES sound awfully unfair, right, Crazy?

Until we dig further and learn that: 1) the community is in the midst of a Covid-19 pandemic; 2) the business under threat of penalty for operating is a multiplex movie theater; and 3) 'the guy next door' owns a home security business.

If that Hedgehog doesn't like it, he can leave the country. Or maybe he should tell Bob Woodward and Joe Biden to do something about it since they are running the USA.

• Haha
Reactions: NinjaKnight
On the surface, it DOES sound awfully unfair, right, Crazy?

Until we dig further and learn that: 1) the community is in the midst of a Covid-19 pandemic; 2) the business under threat of penalty for operating is a multiplex movie theater; and 3) 'the guy next door' owns a home security business.
That isn't totally accurate. There are places where a box store can be open where the small business next door can't, even if they sell comparable products and both would be equally capable of following the same protocols. For example, why can I go into Walmart to buy a can of paint but not go into Sherwin Williams? That has to be an infringement of civil liberties, doesn't it?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT