ADVERTISEMENT

🚨🚨UCF vs Alabama - 20 Years Later🚨🚨

AlumKnight02

Silver Knight
Gold Member
May 10, 2008
Fort Lauderdale, Fl
@Sons of UCF is proud to present a very special exclusive event tomorrow night.

On the 20th anniversary of our historic win in Alabama, the Sons welcome QB Ryan Schneider, WR Tyson Hinshaw, K Javier Beorlegui, and Head Coach Mike Kruczek to the show to discuss the game that put UCF on the map.

We will be broadcasting live at 8:30pm and can be seen on Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube. Fans will be able to interact and send in questions during the show. See you tomorrow night!!!

Quite the cast - sounds awesome!

won’t be able to catch it live but hope you do a replay later.

Wow! What a great line-up.
I've never followed/listened before but this topic and guest list definitely has me interested. Especially since I was at the game and these guys were such a huge part of our success back then.
Vividly remember Hinshaw making a huge touchdown catch as his helmet came flying off in the Bama end zone. He made a whole lot of great catches for us throughout his career and he's one of my all-time favorite players.
Will be interesting to hear everyone's stories and insights about that game.

Reactions: Willie Knightime
Quite the cast - sounds awesome!

won’t be able to catch it live but hope you do a replay later.

You will be able to watch the show any time you want. All you would have to do is search for Sons of UCF on either Facebook, Twitter, or YouTube and find the link.

Wow! What a great line-up.
I've never followed/listened before but this topic and guest list definitely has me interested. Especially since I was at the game and these guys were such a huge part of our success back then.
Vividly remember Hinshaw making a huge touchdown catch as his helmet came flying off in the Bama end zone. He made a whole lot of great catches for us throughout his career and he's one of my all-time favorite players.
Will be interesting to hear everyone's stories and insights about that game.

Thanks for giving us a try, I hope you will enjoy it. We have had Schneider and Kruczek on the podcast before. I know Hinshaw was on with Daniels this morning but I don't think Beorlegui has done any interviews recently. I can tell you that every one of these guys is very excited for tonight. Should be a fun time.

You will be able to watch the show any time you want. All you would have to do is search for Sons of UCF on either Facebook, Twitter, or YouTube and find the link.

Thanks for giving us a try, I hope you will enjoy it. We have had Schneider and Kruczek on the podcast before. I know Hinshaw was on with Daniels this morning but I don't think Beorlegui has done any interviews recently. I can tell you that every one of these guys is very excited for tonight. Should be a fun time.
Awesome, will watch it later then!

The podcast has been great, btw! I’m happy that you guys have kept it going - it really sounds like you’re having fun with the spin-off.

Reactions: AlumKnight02
Remember that game well, My daughter won a state wide music composition contest and we were coming home from Tampa after she got her award. Great ride home listening to 2nd 1/2 of that game.

Good job with the show/interviews. Great stories and interesting to hear these guys reminisce. Was pleased to hear them speak about the boisterous UCF fans in the corner even though we probably only had 3,000 there. I loved it when the players immediately rushed over to celebrate in that corner with us. What a great memory.

Reactions: AlumKnight02
It was a great win at time but we’ve had multiple wins that meant more to program since. We need to act like we belong. Not thumping our chest about beating a bad Bama team 20 years later. I’d trade the LSU game for that one in a heartbeat.

It was a great win at time but we’ve had multiple wins that meant more to program since. We need to act like we belong. Not thumping our chest about beating a bad Bama team 20 years later. I’d trade the LSU game for that one in a heartbeat.
The Alabama win was impressive. Regardless of their record, they outclassed us in pretty much every way as a program and I don’t think it’s right to turn a blind eye to that.

Nothing wrong with enjoying the moment just because of where we are now (which, though the gap has narrowed, we are still a program that is our resourced by leaps and bounds by those at the top).

This is about celebrating our history, you could think about it like the US defeating the British in the American Revolution. Even though our military today is vastly superior, it doesn't diminish the accomplishment back then.

Outstanding job! Loved hearing the players and coach's perspective on the game. I hope you guys will do this for some of the other big wins we've had over the years.

I was a freshman at UCF in 2000 and remember listening to Marc's call on the radio with my dad and brothers. We were all so pumped about the win that we decided to drive to the airport to meet the team on arrival. When we got close, we saw the team bus heading the other way so we swung a quick U-turn and followed the bus back to campus. I'll never forget it!

Outstanding job! Loved hearing the players and coach's perspective on the game. I hope you guys will do this for some of the other big wins we've had over the years.

I was a freshman at UCF in 2000 and remember listening to Marc's call on the radio with my dad and brothers. We were all so pumped about the win that we decided to drive to the airport to meet the team on arrival. When we got close, we saw the team bus heading the other way so we swung a quick U-turn and followed the bus back to campus. I'll never forget it!
Thank you. I joked earlier today that we are only 3 years away from the 10 year anniversary show of the Fiesta Bowl featuring Blake Bortles, Rannell Hall, Terrance Plummer and George O'Leary.

This just happened to have all the stars align where all the guys were available on the actual day. Definitely something we will look to do again in the future.

Thank you. I joked earlier today that we are only 3 years away from the 10 year anniversary show of the Fiesta Bowl featuring Blake Bortles, Rannell Hall, Terrance Plummer and George O'Leary.

This just happened to have all the stars align where all the guys were available on the actual day. Definitely something we will look to do again in the future.

10 year for Georgia Bowl win is coming up soon...

ADVERTISEMENT