ADVERTISEMENT

#1 Houston @UCF Wed Jan 25th.

Does anyone actually believe Dawkins is the right guy to take this program to the next level??

The “due to all the injuries this season, next year is gonna be our year” montra is getting old, year after year. We always seem to be re-building.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
Before the injuries to our bigs we were Top 25 type team. A possession or two from winning all our games. Could’ve used the kid that transferred to FSU to cover up some of the injuries on offense. Funny he would probably like to here instead of FSU as well.

Does anyone actually believe Dawkins is the right guy to take this program to the next level??

The “due to all the injuries this season, next year is gonna be our year” montra is getting old, year after year. We always seem to be re-building.
and no one seems to question why Basketball has so many injuries under Dawkins every year

He probably works them too hard in camp and practice.

I think he’s a class act but I don’t know enough to say he’s the reason we don’t succeed. Could be facilities, could be overall coaching staff, could be him.

Also, That next year mantra is out the window with the high number of transfers too. Each year will be a completely new team.

Reactions: mattropolis
Other than USF the other losses could have gone either way including the loss to Houston. Injuries are hurting them especially under the boards but pulling out a win over #3 at home can make the season. I will be at the game hoping to storm the court.

Reactions: connerito
Other than USF the other losses could have gone either way including the loss to Houston. Injuries are hurting them especially under the boards but pulling out a win over #3 at home can make the season. I will be at the game hoping to storm the court.
It won’t make the season. Any more than 6 losses in conference and we have to win AAC Tourney to get in. It’s tourney or a bad year. No matter 1 good win.

It does seem odd that every year we have injury ending seasons. I’m not sure if it’s a problem with the strength and conditioning but it’s an obvious problem. I still put that on coaching

Reactions: CBlackwellRN
It does seem odd that every year we have injury ending seasons. I’m not sure if it’s a problem with the strength and conditioning but it’s an obvious problem. I still put that on coaching
I think everyone deals with it, we just don’t have a deep enough bench to recover from it like others do.

Reactions: CBlackwellRN
About what I expected. I think I learned Hendricks is the real deal tonight…so fluid and has an insane “twitch” factor. He looks like he’s out of plays, especially on defense, and then, bam, there’s an arm blocking a shot out of nowhere. Plenty of upside in him.

I thought they actually played pretty good defense, just got killed on the glass. Plus, Houston made some really good shots. They are top 5 for a reason. Didn’t help that Hendricks was in foul trouble for much of the 2nd half

I was hoping we'd pull off the upset, but Houston was the better team even on the road. We couldn't hit the 3's and they were clutch well beyond the arc. It will be much more challenging next year. I hope Dawkins steps up on the recruiting front. Lets focus on the remainder of the schedule.

Hendricks got the bad end of some terrible calls or he would have played a lot more. But he went toe to toe with Walker who is projected to be a lottery pick. One time stuffing the ball right back in his face on a dunk. He is crazy good and I hope he stays another year and we get some guys that want to play one year with him. Good atmosphere last night though Knight fans brought it.

Dawkins keeps getting rumored as a HC candidate for other programs (Georgetown the latest rumor I saw). He's well respected as a man for sure. It would be interesting to see if he could actually recruit with the Big12 tag, but it's hard to say he's earned it with results on the court. Could be a Heupel-like situation where someone makes the move for us and we're not sad about it.

Fun game to attend. Houston is a very good team. Refs were good for them also. Hard to beat a great team with odds stacked against you.

Dawkins keeps getting rumored as a HC candidate for other programs (Georgetown the latest rumor I saw). He's well respected as a man for sure. It would be interesting to see if he could actually recruit with the Big12 tag, but it's hard to say he's earned it with results on the court. Could be a Heupel-like situation where someone makes the move for us and we're not sad about it.
Crazy for someone that has a career conference record below .500, and never finished better than tied for 3rd in a conference in 14 years would entice interest. If he manages to finish above .500 this year in the conference it will only be his 5th time in 15 years. People would lose their minds if the football program did that.

Crazy for someone that has a career conference record below .500, and never finished better than tied for 3rd in a conference in 14 years would entice interest. If he manages to finish above .500 this year in the conference it will only be his 5th time in 15 years. People would lose their minds if the football program did that.
Patrick Ewing is doing flat out terrible. If Dawkins could have Georgetown 4th in Big East, they’d make tourney. Probably even lower.

ADVERTISEMENT