ADVERTISEMENT

10 wins is still a very good season- ITT Expectations

UCFhonors

Todd's Tiki Bar
Feb 20, 2010
Throughout our Rise to Prominence 2007-2017, I have held the expectation that every year we should be contenders for the Conference Championship. That's 8-9 wins. That's a good season

10 wins is very a good / great season.

Now that we have entered the Rise to Dominance, our expectations should increase. But let's not get unrealistic my UCFriends.

Unrealistic is anything close to undefeated every year. Unrealistic is Conference Champions every year.

Now that we got that straight, never let anyone know outside of our UCFamily that we expect anything less than Undefeated National Champs every year. You better believe that is what our Players and Coaches are working their tails for.

I've got 5 games that are must win in any circumstance this year: FAMU; @FAU; UCONN; ECU; @Tulsa

Games we should be favored to win, but if things go wrong and stay wrong we could lose: @Pitt; @Temple; @Tulane; USF

Toss ups: Stanford; @Cincy; Houston

Given the depth of talent on the team I would be very disappointed with just 8 wins. 10 wins would be a great regular season. 11 or 12 wins is happy happy joy joy stuff. Hope the team has nothing of this kind of mindset and is focused on going 1-0 every day again.

I believe this team is going to surprise us (in a good way). They certainly have the talent, even with the QB question mark. The x-factor is, will they have that same “never say die” mentality of the past two years? I believe they will. They can lose to Stanford and still meet all their season goals. However, lose to Cincinnati and we have to hope they lose 2 conference games, and that’s unlikely. Thankfully, Cincy has a short week to prepare for us and then play three East Division games in a row to finish the regular season, with the last game being at Memphis. The trap game for us is Tulane on the road in mid-Nov. We cannot sleep on Tulane (I never thought I’d say that). Thankfully we have a bye week to get up for that game, so our guys will be ready. I am so excited for this season. I believe the two-deep talent we have on this team, on both sides of the ball, is shockingly good. The most talented depth I’ve seen in the 12+ years at least since I’ve been following UCF. We’ll know soon enough!

Throughout our Rise to Prominence 2007-2017, I have held the expectation that every year we should be contenders for the Conference Championship. That's 8-9 wins. That's a good season

Now that we have entered the Rise to Dominance, our expectations should increase. But let's not get unrealistic my UCFriends.

Unrealistic is anything close to undefeated every year. Unrealistic is Conference Champions every year.

Now that we got that straight, never let anyone know outside of our UCFamily that we expect anything less than Undefeated National Champs every year. You better believe that is what our Players and Coaches are working their tails for.
Keep up the good work

With our program it's very important that we win all our games. The state of college football depends on it.
That said, all our ooc games need to be wins at least. Fans of Stanford and Pitt need to be sent a message. The college football media needs to be reminded.
I think this team can do it.
With our underdeveloped bowl options, losing stinks, but if need be its because there's an overarching plot behind it and that's conference games.
If Memphis finally gets over the hump, they better rep the conference in a NY 6 bowl game. Same with Houston, same with the West Florida turds.
The best post was when Memphis fan went to our boards and talked about how hard it was to hate Milton even though we beat them 15 times in a row. We got to return to that. I think this team can do it. ;)
Yeah a two-year run isn't enough time to establish a program in this day and age. keep winning, upset Finebaum, rinse and repeat.

Reactions: ahabmw
With our program it's very important that we win all our games. The state of college football depends on it.
That said, all our ooc games need to be wins at least. Fans of Stanford and Pitt need to be sent a message. The college football media needs to be reminded.
I think this team can do it.
With our underdeveloped bowl options, losing stinks, but if need be its because there's an overarching plot behind it and that's conference games.
If Memphis finally gets over the hump, they better rep the conference in a NY 6 bowl game. Same with Houston, same with the West Florida turds.
The best post was when Memphis fan went to our boards and talked about how hard it was to hate Milton even though we beat them 15 times in a row. We got to return to that. I think this team can do it. ;)
Yeah a two-year run isn't enough time to establish a program in this day and age. keep winning, upset Finebaum, rinse and repeat.

You're completely disconnected from reality. Delusional.

You are expecting us to do what no football team at any level has ever done.

Reactions: ahabmw

Without goals you achieve nothing. With goals you have an opportunity to achieve everything. We all know football can have crazy outcomes based on the way the ball bounces, officiating and injuries. The teams that can rise above these obstacles will compete to win championships. Watching that drama unfold is what makes football and sports in general exciting.

You're completely disconnected from reality. Delusional.

Miami Hurricanes 63-5 from 1986 to 1991. Three undefeated seasons. If we can sustain 80 percent of that, any down year will have the media begging us for a comeback. At the least big four will be etched.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
That's why I can't wait to put the bowl loss behind us. It's because of advice our football players of our era don't even want to hear. Win one at a time, all the time. This era of Knights can do it.
If we don't, I shared the teams that are deserving of it.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
Absolutely. There’s never been this kind of UCFast offensive team with this kind of Florida ludicrous speed

Not Miami. Not Oregon

Nobody knows what we are capable of

It’s uncharted territory

Reactions: UCFhonors
We've been in uncharted territory since we destroyed Temple in 2017.
We just need to win again so we can shut up loser threads like the one the OP started.

Haha I think it's a fair thread. Keep expectations in check so we're not hard on our guys or create a toxic air about our program... But tell the world we're the best and keep on making waves. Makes sense to me.

In a perfect world With a healthy Milton returning as the starter, I don’t think it’s such a reach to expect being undefeated.

Given our current situation, I expect a loss and would be disappointed wit three.

I think the Fiesta Bowl sort of got the monkey off their backs. Don't get me wrong,I wanted the team to come out victorious. However, the silver lining is all the media noise of the streak would be here at each and every game. That's now tamped down some. I also think losing like that can help young men refocus , dedicate to working harder and practicing with purpose . You know pad level sort of stuff.

I would not be surprised to go all the way. I have family in Dallas and hope for selfish reasons they do go all the way to the Cotton.
First, get your QB1 solidified and two , get the kicking game squared away. Do those things and the rest will take care of itself. Charge On!

Absolutely. There’s never been this kind of UCFast offensive team with this kind of Florida ludicrous speed

Not Miami. Not Oregon

Nobody knows what we are capable of

It’s uncharted territory
Not Oregon maybe but you might want to look up 2001 Miami tape. That might be the most talented College Football team ever, had future NFL Pro Bowlers as backups.

The 2017 UCF team reminded me of those peak Miami teams but not as deep, specifically on Defense.

Not Oregon maybe but you might want to look up 2001 Miami tape. That might be the most talented College Football team ever, had future NFL Pro Bowlers as backups.

The 2017 UCF team reminded me of those peak Miami teams but not as deep, specifically on Defense.
I agree. Talented yes. More talented than UCF overall for sure. Especially on defense

However, as far as a fast paced OFFENSE WITH speed, this team is special

We have possibly have a QB in Wimbush who runs a 4.5-4.6 forty at 220-230 lbs and MULTIPLE skilled position players who run in the 4.3-4.4 range

Wimbush was a 800 yard season, 200 yard game, double digit TD runner 2 years ago vs top notch competition

Additionally, guys like WR Williams, Harris, and Gabe Davis are BIG wide receivers with speed.

Nixon runs a 4.3 and isn’t small

McCrae is potentially a 1,500 yard or greater back with enough carries

The running backs (Killins and Anderson) can catch the ball out of the backfield DOWNFIELD, not just on short routes. Killins is a 4.3 guy.

I mean, Oregon and the U had speed on offense, but THIS many guys? I’m not so sure

Tight end isn’t a strong position

Just one last note. UCF should have about 2-3 offensive linemen who will play on Sundays in the total group IMO

Last edited:
Just one last note. UCF should have about 2-3 offensive linemen who will play on Sundays in the total group IMO

Jordan Johnson seems like he should be a draft pick, right? He's got that ideal squatty build for a center at 6'2 320 lbs. He clearly separated himself early at UCF when he forced his way into the starting lineup as a true freshman in week 2. Has been extremely durable playing every game and is a quality person off the field with all the intangibles.

If he’s 6’2” he may be a little short, but I expect him to get drafted for the reasons that you stated. Don’t forget that Elarbee is his coach. That’s huge

One of the main reasons I always come back to this board is to document expectations.

I was right about the year we shall not speak of.

I was devastated UCFriday knight. But I come back here to remind myself, that I and most of us kinda expected this...

It sucks. But we will Charge On.

Go Knights!

One of the main reasons I always come back to this board is to document expectations.

I was right about the year we shall not speak of.

I was devastated UCFriday knight. But I come back here to remind myself, that I and most of us kinda expected this...

It sucks. But we will Charge On.

Go Knights!
I knew deep down that we wouldn’t win them all, but I was still expecting it if that makes sense

Also thought that we could lose two games. The part that bugs me is that both losses were very winnable. Now I think three losses is more likely than just two.
I agree. This team has the key talent from 2017 for another run. I've said it already but just wait until 2021. If there's a year I marked for a drop off it was then.
CJH is like football version of GM Danny Ainge, can't keep a great team together like Celtics big three, had to trade championship pieces for the future although the opportunity to fulfill the vision was in front of you.

Glad to see we still have some sane fans.

We can still win the conference. Outside shot at NY6 with some help.

That’s insane
Teams will have to collapse at the end of the year and we need to win out lol. Plus there's a couple of teams that will be on a nice run once we play them, meaning they'll have a decent record. I can only think of Tulane right now.

Teams will have to collapse at the end of the year and we need to win out lol. Plus there's a couple of teams that will be on a nice run once we play them, meaning they'll have a decent record. I can only think of Tulane right now.
I can list the probability in order, but the chances are infinitesimally small

Reactions: ucfversusbcs
Collapse like being number 2 in the country once and then not being relevant ever again?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT