ADVERTISEMENT

10th in the AP

The Gators and the Dawgs play each other, gonna be real interesting to see if either drops behind us after a quality loss............
Does it matter though? Don’t the college football ranking come out on the 31st? The AP poll is pointless then. And hate to say this I the CFP ranking we will probably drop to 12-13

The bye week couldn’t have been more perfectly placed.

Basically 11 days to prepare for Temple and 8 for triple option Navy. That will be practiced for in the bye week as well.

Looking good for 9-0.

SMH why some wanted to schedule at NGEbraska

When the CFP comes out on the 30th, top 6 will look something like this 1. Bama 2. Georgia. 3. LSU. 4. Florida with 2 losses. 5. Notre Dame. 6. Kentucky. Got this down to a science.

Gators jumping us and into the top 10.....this fits the major media narrative to have a "A Battle of Titanic Top 10 teams" in the cocktail party. The screw job continues....despite winning on the road again by 27 with a backup QB none the less. We just need to run the table, including winning the Fiesta Bowl against a P5 team.....then fire up the Anti Trust lawsuit......THE ONLY HOPE OF THIS GARBAGE STOPPING IS TO GAIN SOME SUPPORT IN CONGRESS AND BLOW THE NCAA AND THEIR MAJOR MEDIA WHORES UP WITH A LAWSUIT.

The bye week couldn’t have been more perfectly placed.

Basically 11 days to prepare for Temple and 8 for triple option Navy. That will be practiced for in the bye week as well.

Looking good for 9-0.

SMH why some wanted to schedule at NGEbraska
Perhaps we should ask CSF if he will come back and run the triple option for us in practice.....

I'm guessing the NYTimes article pissed off some people. "Can't have UCF be the best team in Florida"
Probably the biggest consideration was Memphis getting creamed by Missouri.........

Gators jumping us and into the top 10.....this fits the major media narrative to have a "A Battle of Titanic Top 10 teams" in the cocktail party. The screw job continues....despite winning on the road again by 27 with a backup QB none the less. We just need to run the table, including winning the Fiesta Bowl against a P5 team.....then fire up the Anti Trust lawsuit......THE ONLY HOPE OF THIS GARBAGE STOPPING IS TO GAIN SOME SUPPORT IN CONGRESS AND BLOW THE NCAA AND THEIR MAJOR MEDIA WHORES UP WITH A LAWSUIT.

It only gets better. The week after next, you have Alabama/LSU and a potential another top 10 battle in Georgia Kentucky. If both win this week Kentucky will jump Florida in the top 10..

Reactions: Knight Strength
It only gets better. The week after next, you have Alabama/LSU and a potential another top 10 battle in Georgia Kentucky. If both win this week Kentucky will jump Florida in the top 10..

And let me add another wrinkle. If LSU were to beat Alabama, Alabama will go to 4 and stay there for the remainder, providing they win out.

You guys missed App State being ranked, gotta make Kirk Herpestriet look respectable after those comments yesterday.

App State was 29th last week. Some teams not that far in front of them lost. They didn't gain that many points. They are 6-1. I don't think anybody should read conspiracy into it.

App State is a good team. IF they can make the playoffs more power to them. But KH picked them because they are safe from any chance of being close to the playoff threat

Reactions: sonnyt23
It's official, we've hit the ceiling. Will likely drop on the bye week.
The only question now is who will be the first 2 loss team these clowns rank ahead of us.

Reactions: AAC6800
It's official, we've hit the ceiling. Will likely drop on the bye week.
The only question now is who will be the first 2 loss team these clowns rank ahead of us.

It'll be a 2 loss SEC team. I think there is something ridiculous like 6 of them ranked now. The AP voters know who feeds their families. lol

I have to ask. Do you truly believe UCF with the pathetic strength of schedule it has deserves even a top 10 ranking currently? Barely beating a Memphis team that is now 4-4 is the best win for UCF. UCF has played no one to earn being respected this season. And sure, go ahead and say, what about Auburn, or all of last season, but that means nothing this season.

I have to ask. Do you truly believe UCF with the pathetic strength of schedule it has deserves even a top 10 ranking currently? Barely beating a Memphis team that is now 4-4 is the best win for UCF. UCF has played no one to earn being respected this season. And sure, go ahead and say, what about Auburn, or all of last season, but that means nothing this season.
No. 8th

20 in a row bitch! They certainly deserve to be ahead of Ohio State who was obliterated by a .500 team. Ohio State has beaten 1 team with a winning record and that was by 1 point. I guess you are happy that a Florida team on a bye was good enough to jump a UCF team who won on the road without their starting QB by 4 touchdowns. Spoiled ass gator fans.

Reactions: Mikesi
We just won a road conference game with our backup QB, who has only ever played in garbage time. Ohio State just lost on the road to a 3-3 team. Every game matters. If it's so easy to win how come there are only 5 undefeated teams left? How come there was only one lasy year? Can we help it if several teams we have on our schedule suck. We spanked Pitt 45-14, and they only scored on a punt return and a TD late in garbage time. So after they almost beat Notre Dame, I guess that means we're as good as them. We would have smoked UNC as well...ECU laid a beat down on them.

We're a team that went undefeated and then had to replace the entire staff. Number of teams since 1990 that have had to do this....zero. Number of teams that went undefeated, and the coach was replaced by a coordinator...four. best record produced is 8-5. We're in uncharted territory when it comes to still being able to win games when changing an entire staff top-to-bottom, and implementing a new offense and defense.

We've won our games by an average of 26.28 points per game so far. There are plenty of good teams in the top ten, and if we're wearing a P5 schools jersey we would probably be ranked #3 or #4 right now.

As an example, who has Ohio State beat? One team....Penn State. Here is the rest of their impressive slate of wins: Oregon State, Rutgers, TCU (3-4....best win is Iowa State), Tulane, Indiana, and Minnesota. They also lost to 3-3 Purdue.

My question for you is why you think we wouldn't be at least 7-1 playing that schedule?

You can do the same thing with several other teams in the top 15 as well. So, do I think we belong in the top 10...an emphatic "Yes!"

Here's the thing about SOS: lots of teams have weak schedules. That's why there are always undefeated teams that are ranked lower than others.

But having a weaker schedule never disqualifies anyone except G5s. Rankings are subjective measures, so pollsters just try to take SOS and margin of victory and common opponents into account.

But for some reason there's no way that pollsters could make their best judgment with UCF, their schedule is too weak...

Did everyone underestimate UCF last year based off similar issues and that could inform their future evaluation? With Bama, yes. With UCF, we have to take it one year at a time and make the same mistakes every year. It's only fair until they join the SEC.

Do you believe that half of college football should be eliminated from winning a championship?

I know you're a pussy and just comment and leave but please tell my why this "You barely beat so-and-so who got crushed by a bad sec team" matters when it's to our negative, but it never seems to matter when UCF crushes a Pitt that ND could barely beat???? Using your reasoning then, UCF should be ranked higher than ND. Thanks for the complement.

Do you believe that half of college football should be eliminated from winning a championship?
That's another interesting point about this argument: at what point is your SOS ranked too low to qualify for the playoff, regardless of record?

Because when we make that cutoff, we've eliminated quite a few teams from competing. If everyone should have a shot, we can't draw a line anywhere.

I'd love to hear some of these P5 fans say where the SOS cutoff is. If they were really standing on principles they would be able to say it, but because they are selective about the criteria, few of them would have the courage.

That's another interesting point about this argument: at what point is your SOS ranked too low to qualify for the playoff, regardless of record?

Because when we make that cutoff, we've eliminated quite a few teams from competing. If everyone should have a shot, we can't draw a line anywhere.

I'd love to hear some of these P5 fans say where the SOS cutoff is. If they were really standing on principles they would be able to say it, but because they are selective about the criteria, few of them would have the courage.
Nvm, I found the answer. It's 67.
67 was the highest SOS ranking for a G5 according to FPI. There is not a single G5 team better and not a single P5 worse. Literally, all the power conference teams are in the top half, all the G5 are in the bottom half.

No wonder they want to make the argument about SOS. If they can make it a schedule discussion, they can disqualify all of the G5 while looking fair-ish.

They never will. “Play a tough schedule”. How do you know what a “tough schedule “ is when one group refuses to play another group and the first group is artificially ranked. The fact that highly ranked teams(like Ohio State) get blown out by low ranked teams (like Purdue) shows us that the people creating the rankings don’t know what they are doing.

Reactions: atsKnight
They never will. “Play a tough schedule”. How do you know what a “tough schedule “ is when one group refuses to play another group and the first group is artificially ranked. The fact that highly ranked teams(like Ohio State) get blown out by low ranked teams (like Purdue) shows us that the people creating the rankings don’t know what they are doing.
It also shows us that every game matters, especially road conference wins.

I would like to get rid of FCS scheduling though. Would be nice to replace SC State with even a Kansas type team.

I would like to get rid of FCS scheduling though. Would be nice to replace SC State with even a Kansas type team.
But didn't we schedule SC State because Texas pulled out of their agreement with us? I don't think we're trying to load up on FCS teams, I think they're the only option when P5s cancel.

But didn't we schedule SC State because Texas pulled out of their agreement with us? I don't think we're trying to load up on FCS teams, I think they're the only option when P5s cancel.
That could be the case but seems every year we play 1. P5 teams can get away with it because of the perceived 3 or 4 tough teams they play each year. We can’t because they just say Memphis, USF, Navy and Houston just suck. So scheduling FAU/FIU, a MAC or MWC team and then 2 P5s a year would help some. Maybe we’d get lucky and Schedule a Stanford and Wake Forest in a year they play in CCGs. Then they’d at least give us a shot.

I believe you are correct. The game was moved to 2022 or 2023, and has since been bought out by Texas so they can have a home-and-home with Bama. We'll see if that remains a true home-and-home at that time.

Being as objective as I can be, I would say UCF deserves to be no higher than 6th and no lower than 11th. That changes every week, obviously, but as of right now there are 5 teams that I would be confident in betting on against UCF. 6-11 would be a tossup, and everyone else I would bet on the nights. To me, I would have no problem placing UCF at 6th based on being undefeated, which is so small task.

Reactions: ahabmw
10th is still 10th. We just have to keep winning. As an alum from '03, seeing the insane growth of the program in the last 8 years is almost unbelievable. It really was not long ago that even just getting votes was a big deal, and here we are, complaining about 10th. Schools jumping us on their bye is insanity, and arguably the most egregious act we have to complain about. That and everyone outside of Joey Galloway completely ignoring our potential to compete with any team out there and focusing on us not making it to the CFP. Their comments are only fanning the flame. Aside from that though, just keep winning.

Joining a P5 is not that far off, IF we keep winning. The dichotomy between Heupel and White is intriguing. One is hardcore to the 1-0 mentality, keep your head down and work hard, etc. The other is about making waves and shaking the tree. It's been a fun ride!

Reactions: atsKnight and UCFBS
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT