ADVERTISEMENT

12 Team Playoff coming in '24

Everyone needs to remember that Bowls were the big hold up.

It's still not a legit Playoff until all 10 Conference Champions are included. Polls are so biased that they need to be taken out of post season.

#UCFacts
I like the idea of the 6 conference champions getting an auto bid. Including the 5 P5 winners and then the top non P5 school.

Then picking the next highest ranked 6 schools.

Not perfect, but it's getting better

I like the idea of the 6 conference champions getting an auto bid. Including the 5 P5 winners and then the top non P5 school.

Then picking the next highest ranked 6 schools.

Not perfect, but it's getting better
I don’t see it being much better at all. The G5 conferences are still fighting each other for 1 spot and they will never get an at-large spot.

And the big issue with the G5s going for a single spot is it is really hard to figure out which conference is really better year to year. The AAC got lucky IMO that within the first 3 years of the conference, we won 2 NY6 games, won another later, and NO OTHER conference has won a single NY6 game. So we have enjoyed a 1-2 game advantage vs the other G5s.

Reactions: 80'sKnight
I don’t see it being much better at all. The G5 conferences are still fighting each other for 1 spot and they will never get an at-large spot.

And the big issue with the G5s going for a single spot is it is really hard to figure out which conference is really better year to year. The AAC got lucky IMO that within the first 3 years of the conference, we won 2 NY6 games, won another later, and NO OTHER conference has won a single NY6 game. So we have enjoyed a 1-2 game advantage vs the other G5s.
You're completely right. And all those AAC teams will now be in the P5.

Yes figuring out the best G5 concern isn't easy, But do you honestly think Coastal Carolina or Liberty, etc. could compete with a top 12 school?? A top 4 school?

You're completely right. And all those AAC teams will now be in the P5.

Yes figuring out the best G5 concern isn't easy, But do you honestly think Coastal Carolina or Liberty, etc. could compete with a top 12 school?? A top 4 school?

Yes.

The biased & corrupt system has lead to self-fulfilling results. A UCFair and level playing UCField would create more parity and better competition.

And yes, CC & Liberty can compete just like how UCF won the 2013 Fiesta Bowl when nobody thought we had a chance.

#UCFacts

"UCF's success over the past decade has played a major role in the playoff expanding, while Tulane has reached national prominence only once since leaving the SEC in 1949."

Lol. Yeah……………we’re happy with who we are and where we are at. But thanks for playing all the while displaying an acute case of micro- penis. UCF will make the playoffs well before Nebraska will if UN ever does. Meanwhile please enjoy watching NU get embarrassed by any team with a pulse, and never, ever challenging for a B1G title. Every conference needs their cellar dwellers (aka whipping boys) and UN fits the bill perfectly.

From the article:
"Mississippi State president Mark Keenum, who is the chair of the CFP board of managers, proposed a 12-team format with no automatic qualifiers last summer, but that proposal did not receive enough votes to pass.

"We spent a lot of time and discussion when we started down this path on how to get beyond four," Keenum told ESPN. "My position was that I wanted the top 12 teams. I understand there's great prestige being a major conference champion. At the end of the day, though, it depends on where they're ranked. We want to make sure we have the best teams competing in our nation's playoff to determine the champion."

Like college basketball, conference championships are going to become less and less important in football for the Big Dawgs.

…I understand there's great prestige being a major conference champion. At the end of the day, though, it depends on where they're ranked. We want to make sure we have the best teams competing in our nation's playoff to determine the champion."

This is such a horse 💩statement filled with bias and knowing that the good ole boy favoritism will give them a more likely chance to qualify.

We all know how ridiculous rankings can be and we all know how ridiculous “the best” teams are picked.

UFC will always be looking up at the real players.

Migets and Misfits. You fit perfectly.

UFC will always be looking up at the real players.

Migets and Misfits. You fit perfectly.
It's UCF, not UFC.
"Migets and misfits." is not a full sentence.
Misfits should not be capitalized.
Migets is spelled incorrectly.

You made 4 mistakes in a post that only had 6 words longer than 4 letters.

• Haha
Reactions: Knight59
ADVERTISEMENT