ADVERTISEMENT

17 National Championships ...

UCFBS

Todd's Tiki Bar
Gold Member
Oct 21, 2001
USA
Several of my colleagues that were either just 'rolling their eyes' ('no one cares') or outright 'getting upset' over our NC claims, have all been bragging about "17 National Championships."

In every case, I've been saying, "17? And you're down on UCF?!"

All of them are utterly clueless to what I mean too. Man, I was originally against the "NC claim," but now I'm so glad I changed by the end of Tue 1/2. It's corrected a lot of mass ignorance out there!

Well done DW ... you're still providing me with plenty of fodder. Might have to make the Sat 1/20 parade in Tuscaloosa. ;)

Reactions: GoKnights2003
Several of my colleagues that were either just 'rolling their eyes' ('no one cares') or outright 'getting upset' over our NC claims, have all been bragging about "17 National Championships."

In every case, I've been saying, "17? And you're down on UCF?!"

All of them are utterly clueless to what I mean too. Man, I was originally against the "NC claim," but now I'm so glad I changed by the end of Tue 1/2. It's corrected a lot of mass ignorance out there!

Well done DW ... you're still providing me with plenty of fodder. Might have to make the Sat 1/20 parade in Tuscaloosa. ;)
So true. Same here, but we both are in Bama. I think they sre still a little stunned.

Pre-Saban Poll era titles that they claim.

1941 9-2 beat 3 ranked teams. lost to #16 Miss State and unranked Vandy. Beat #18 Tennessee, #14 Georgia, #9 Texas A&M. Crap claim.

1961 11-0 Beat only 2 ranked teams and 5 teams with winning records Tennessee (6-4) and Houston (5-4-1), #13 Georgia Tech (7-4), Auburn (6-4), #9 Arkansas (8-3). But they were undefeated. Claim weaker than UCF, but they were undefeated.

1964 10-1 Beat 1 ranked team. LSU #7. Lost final game to #5 Texas, but at the time there was no AP poll after the bowls so they were still #1 and claimed a NC. Crap claim.

1965 9-1-1. Beat 2 ranked teams. #8 LSU and #5 Nebraska. Lost to Unranked Georgia, Tied #7 Tennessee. Sketchy claim.

1973 11-1 Beat 2 ranked teams #13 LSU and #19 Tennessee. Lost final game to #3 Notre Dame but there was no coaches poll after the bowls so they were still #1 and claimed a NC. Crap claim.

1978 11-1 Beat 3 ranked teams #8 Nebraska #15 Missouri #4 Penn State. Lost to #2 USC. Pretty good championship claim.

1979 12-0 Beat #14 Baylor, #16 Auburn, and #8 Arkansas. Undefeated. Similar claim to UCF.

1992 13-0 Beat #12 Tennessee, #16 Ole Miss, #23 Miss State, #10 Florida, and #3 Miami. Strongest title claim.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT