ADVERTISEMENT

2 for 1's

Maybe the new AD will get rid of the FCS game. I'd like to see that game replaced with a better opponent.
It’s not possible. Unless you mean the replacement being a road game rather than a home game. The reason FCS schools are scheduled in addition to being like a preseason tune up is because there is no return trip required.

Just looked it up in 2011, Boise St was ranked 5th. In 2014 unranked, and the game drew 32k fans (average is 70k). That probably left a bad impression.

These are the same guys who host the Peach bowl, I think they know first hand that UCF can sell a ton of tickets. UCF’s fan base doesn’t have the same risk as Boise State’s fan base.

These are the same guys who host the Peach bowl, I think they know first hand that UCF can sell a ton of tickets. UCF’s fan base doesn’t have the same risk as Boise State’s fan base.

Then why haven't they booked UCF by now for a future game. Seems like that would have been a natural thing to do following the Peach Bowl up until this past season.

And I disagree about the risk. UCF/BYU finished 21st out of 26th in tv ratings for Bowl Games last year. If UCF is not winning/ranked, the interest isn't the same.

Then why haven't they booked UCF by now for a future game. Seems like that would have been a natural thing to do following the Peach Bowl up until this past season.

And I disagree about the risk. UCF/BYU finished 21st out of 26th in tv ratings for Bowl Games last year. If UCF is not winning/ranked, the interest isn't the same.
bc their first choice will always be Bama vs an ACC team

bc their first choice will always be Bama vs an ACC team

Yes, and I will say playing Alabama in a kickoff game with no tune up will be a harder game than Alabama on the road. Saban always has his team ready. Most games are blowouts, and the closest ones are double digit wins.

Alabama in Kickoff games - 10-0, average score 38 - 13.

Last edited:
Yes, and I will say playing Alabama in a kickoff game with no tune up will be a harder game than Alabama on the road. Saban always has his team ready. Most games are blowouts, and the closest ones are double digit wins.

Alabama in Kickoff games - 10-0, average score 38 - 13.
Saban in kickoff games is one of the scariest things in Sports. Miami about to experience that

Danny White wanted home and homes

Both Boise State and USF has multiple years with an all FBS OOC schedule.
The cows have played an FCS every year and have one scheduled the next 3 years. After that they have a logjam with no availability but I doubt all those games actually get played. We will see.

The cows have played an FCS every year and have one scheduled the next 3 years. After that they have a logjam with no availability but I doubt all those games actually get played. We will see.

True, but if Alabama, Florida, or Miami back out of any of those games in those years, USF ends up with a 1-1 with those teams. They signed 4 2-1 contracts, yet still have 2 OOC games at home every year, and 1 with 3. Yet, some think even 1 2-1 contract will automatically mean a season with 3 road OOC.

There was rumors that the Gator 2 for 1 had the World Camping Kickoff as the 1 Orlando game.

I think Stricklin disputed it but Bianchi said it first.

I wouldn't consider that a kickoff offer, sounds like just a neutral game without any of the add in bonus of being a national kickoff game. Either way its tied to 2 road contract, I don't think there is a school in the world that would accept those terms.

Reactions: Nyght Shadow
True, but if Alabama, Florida, or Miami back out of any of those games in those years, USF ends up with a 1-1 with those teams. They signed 4 2-1 contracts, yet still have 2 OOC games at home every year, and 1 with 3. Yet, some think even 1 2-1 contract will automatically mean a season with 3 road OOC.

2022 USF home games: BYU and Howard
2025 USF home games: Boise State and San Jose State
2026 USF home games: FAU and Bethune Cookman

Yeah Alabama and UF are schools I wouldn’t mind UCF doing 2-1 but I don’t think they want to play a true road game at the Bounce House. RJS is more palatable and those series came in the wake of UCF declaring a national championship and are largely just an FU. Not how they generally schedule.

2025 isn’t bad. If they have the better AAC teams at home too it would be a good year to get season tickets for them.

2021 - Boise State, Bethune Cookman, UConn better?
2023 - BYU, FCS, ??
2024 - Liberty, FCS, ??

Right now the advantage is UConn, which everyone wanted to kick out of conference and stop playing. And the other years is yet to be determined if there will be another home game or not.

Has anybody thought about how this 2-1 scheduling would effect the required donations for season ticket holders. I for one would have a hard time justifying paying the amount I currently am paying for an AAC home schedule, 1 P5 and 1 FCS school. Not sure it would be worth it. You are talking about maybe 2 quality home games per year. I would probably drop down to the cheap seats.

Reactions: THX_UCF2
I can almost guarantee there won’t be any noteable additions until at least 2024. 2021 already has Boise and Louisville. 2022 has Georgia Tech and Louisville and is only missing the yearly FCS. 2023 has BYU and Boise which from a scheduling perspective were taking the place of the mid tier P5.
neutral site game here>Dallas or Glendale

No one in Dallas or Glendale or Vegas will ever invite UCF to a neutral site game.

UCF barely brought 15,000 to the first Fiesta Bowl.and maybe 10,000 to the 2nd one following a perfect season.

Those games want guaranteed sellouts....hence why maybe Atlanta, Jax or Orlando are the only spots for a neutral site game for UCF (which DW tried to do...but no one would even consider UCF for those games).

Reactions: Ucfmikes
How could Orlando not consider UCF??? If that is true, that is disappointing.

No one in Dallas or Glendale or Vegas will ever invite UCF to a neutral site game.

UCF barely brought 15,000 to the first Fiesta Bowl.and maybe 10,000 to the 2nd one following a perfect season.

Those games want guaranteed sellouts....hence why maybe Atlanta, Jax or Orlando are the only spots for a neutral site game for UCF (which DW tried to do...but no one would even consider UCF for those games).
on the invite you are probably right but I disagree on our fanbase turnout in Vegas. Schedule us a game on Labor Day weekend and I would bet we would surpass both Fiesta Bowl turnouts. Vegas is easier and cheaper to get to and why the Fiesta Bowl would be better off moving there now that the Raiders stadium is built

I wish I could get one. I live in the Savannah area. I tried to discuss getting one in Georgia but got no where. I reached out to the Atlanta Alumni chapter and people down at UCF but no one felt it was a possibility. It's kind of disappointing because pretty much ever large university in the south has a Georgia license tag except UCF. Every time a see a Georgia UF/FSU tag I get annoyed.

I wish I could get one. I live in the Savannah area. I tried to discuss getting one in Georgia but got no where. I reached out to the Atlanta Alumni chapter and people down at UCF but no one felt it was a possibility. It's kind of disappointing because pretty much ever large university in the south has a Georgia license tag except UCF. Every time a see a Georgia UF/FSU tag I get annoyed.

I've seen Indiana University Texas plates. INDIANA. No UCF and no chance really.

Reactions: Knight Strength
2-1 with a perennial top 25 team I would take. Continue to build the brand. Maybe make a few friends in other conferences by doing so. TCU, Ok St, Oklahoma, Texas in the Big 12 would be some schools I would think about as an example. Conference TV contracts are running out in the next few years. Would be nice if we had a few friends in another conference that was considering expansion. Also, does anybody believe the Longhorn Network will be renewed? If you are concerned with getting into the power 5, where are you looking? The SEC? I don't think that will happen in my lifetime. The ACC, not likely. They already have 2 schools in the state. We bring nothing to the table for them. Only another school siphoning off more talent from the rest of the conference. The Big 10? Only if we were maybe 20 years ahead of where we were are and about 500 miles north (no flyover states in the big 10 bylaws). That leaves the Pac 12 and the Big 12. I think the Pac 12 is out for obvious reasons. That really only leaves the Big 12 as our shot at Power 5 membership. Build a working relationship with schools in that conference. Let them come here and see what we have to offer. Schedule football, basketball, baseball and softball with those schools. Even if it means we give up an occasional home game. Give them every opportunity to see what we have to offer. Think end game, not what is right in front of us. I would gladly give up a home game every year for the next five years if it meant when the Big 12 contract expired, they would seriously consider us. If we win some of those series it would be hard to deny we are capable of competing. Add in our TV market value and recruiting footprint, better relationships with Big 12 schools, maybe we have a shot. IF not, then we did everything we could. Beating FCS teams at home does nothing for our resume in regards to conference expansion or getting into the Playoff.

2-1 with a perennial top 25 team I would take. Continue to build the brand. Maybe make a few friends in other conferences by doing so. TCU, Ok St, Oklahoma, Texas in the Big 12 would be some schools I would think about as an example. Conference TV contracts are running out in the next few years. Would be nice if we had a few friends in another conference that was considering expansion. Also, does anybody believe the Longhorn Network will be renewed? If you are concerned with getting into the power 5, where are you looking? The SEC? I don't think that will happen in my lifetime. The ACC, not likely. They already have 2 schools in the state. We bring nothing to the table for them. Only another school siphoning off more talent from the rest of the conference. The Big 10? Only if we were maybe 20 years ahead of where we were are and about 500 miles north (no flyover states in the big 10 bylaws). That leaves the Pac 12 and the Big 12. I think the Pac 12 is out for obvious reasons. That really only leaves the Big 12 as our shot at Power 5 membership. Build a working relationship with schools in that conference. Let them come here and see what we have to offer. Schedule football, basketball, baseball and softball with those schools. Even if it means we give up an occasional home game. Give them every opportunity to see what we have to offer. Think end game, not what is right in front of us. I would gladly give up a home game every year for the next five years if it meant when the Big 12 contract expired, they would seriously consider us. If we win some of those series it would be hard to deny we are capable of competing. Add in our TV market value and recruiting footprint, better relationships with Big 12 schools, maybe we have a shot. IF not, then we did everything we could. Beating FCS teams at home does nothing for our resume in regards to conference expansion or getting into the Playoff.

I don't think having 2 schools in the same state should be that much of a problem for the ACC considering that they already have 4 schools (Duke, NC State, NC, and Wake Forest) in the state of North Carolina. In fact, they're so close to each other you can draw a 50 mile radius circle on the map that will encompass all 4.

FSU and Miami are 479 miles (driving) apart. The argument that we're too close to either of them because we are only 200 miles away can't be taken seriously. I think most of our P5 OOC games have been with ACC teams already so many of their teams are familiar with our school. And I also disagree with the notion that we bring nothing to table for them. We give them exposure to a very recruit rich I-4 corridor and top 20 TV market for the Orlando MSA alone. Capture some of the Tampa market and we're in the top 10. They currently have 15 teams in their conference, room for 1 more to round up to an even 16 and split the conference into North and South divisions.

If the Big 12 came a knocking of course we would seriously consider it, but I still have a very sour taste from our last experience with their conference expansion kabuki dance where they used us to extort more money from ESPN. I also have concerns of that conference going the way of the Big East. We finally make it into a P5 league and then suddenly the league isn't P5 anymore.

Reactions: Knight_Light
TMo just said in his latest interview that we are “behind the 8 ball” in scheduling. He d having major difficulties and is calling a bunch of ADs.

Expect a WTF team or 2 to be scheduled. He basically said it. Thanks Danny White

TMo just said in his latest interview that we are “behind the 8 ball” in scheduling. He d having major difficulties and is calling a bunch of ADs.

Expect a WTF team or 2 to be scheduled. He basically said it. Thanks Danny White
Yea but any idea what that means? Something like a 2 for 1 with Rutgers?

Yea but any idea what that means? Something like a 2 for 1 with Rutgers?
Lol. I don’t think THAT BAD.

I’ve prided myself in being pretty strategic in our scheduling, but it’s going to be challenging to really strategically set up our schedule based on philosophies because we just don’t have games. We’ve got to go get games. Some of the teams that we probably wouldn’t have played or thought about playing, we’re going to have to play. That’s no knock on anyone, but we have a different philosophy in how we schedule and we’re just behind the eight ball. We’ve got to jump on it.

You’re going to see some teams that you’re going to scratch your head, ‘Why are we playing them?’

“I’m hoping that some AD’s want to change some games.”

Anyway you slice it, it doesn't look good for the next 5-7 years in terms of getting the perennial powers

Reactions: Ucfmikes
Anyway you slice it, it doesn't look good for the next 5-7 years in terms of getting the perennial powers
And by then, another AD will be here with a different scheduling philosophy. Hopefully TMo will think now about our future (2025-2030 or so)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT