ADVERTISEMENT

2 for 1's

Fine, but that’s very myopic
as more years go by maybe I have just become more of a pro mindset where this insistence of digging in to have a decade of no road games at major brands becomes boring

maybe in the ucf bubble they are ok w it but I don’t get it. Danny White propaganda did a number on people. It is scheduling like you are a Program in the SEC West but instead UCF is G5

Last edited:
Reactions: Ucfmikes
as more years go by maybe I have just become more of a pro mindset where this insistence of digging in to have a decade of no road games at major brands becomes boring

maybe in the ucf bubble they are ok w it but I don’t get it. Danny White propaganda did a number on people. It is scheduling like you are a Program in the SEC West but instead UCF is G5
Agreed. Some fans are literally brainwashed about DW’s scheduling philosophy (which clearly had flaws), obsessing about the budget more than the AD, and padding the schedule to win every game. Which doesn’t fool anyone BTW.

Even though being in the AAC and losing (or winning) tough OOC road games doesn’t eliminate us from a NY6 game

Fans (polled), alumni, donors, the players, the coach and the AD mostly want it, so I just don’t get it.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
The new AD just confirmed the scheduling situation that we all already knew. He’s not going to come in and revolutionize the schedule. Maybe in a few years if we take a step back we can become a warm up game for Michigan or something again. But in the current system there is no advantage to schedule a UCF over any other G5 team that may be more consistently beatable

The new AD just confirmed the scheduling situation that we all already knew. He’s not going to come in and revolutionize the schedule. Maybe in a few years if we take a step back we can become a warm up game for Michigan or something again. But in the current system there is no advantage to schedule a UCF over any other G5 team that may be more consistently beatable
I kind of think that narrative is a little lazy, theres always been tough G5 teams that have no problem getting scheduled. Cincy has been booked, Memphis has been consistent and booked, Boise and BYU get booked. I don't believe perennial teams are stressed about a tough UCF to the extent that you guys are portraying it.

Last edited:
We were 6-4

Reactions: Endeavor.
I kind of think that narrative is a little lazy, theres always tough G5 teams that have no problem getting scheduled. Cincy has been booked, Memphis has been consistent and booked, Boise and BYU get booked. I don't believe perennial teams are stressed about a tough UCF to the extent that you guys are portraying it.
Notre Dame slotted Cincy in for a last minute buy game matchup next year. But other than that the teams you list don’t have future matchups with blue bloods on the schedule. Teams like Mercer and Citadel do. And if conferences eventually go to 9 conference games you will see even less of these matchups.

We were 6-4

The BYU bowl game shattered any lingering perception. But even before the whole everyone is afraid of UCF mantra is just coming up with an excuse. UCF wanted a level playing field in a system that is not set up to be, and no one is going to bend down to help UCF or any G5 team out. Just like UCF would say screw G5 teams if they were in P5.

I think Mohajir will come in and revolutionize the schedule, (comparatively to DW) but in college football you're scheduling for 6, 7, 8 years out. All Mohajir is saying here is to not expect any miracles for 2024, 2025 and 2026 when those years, for P5 teams, are mostly booked up at this point, and we have very little.

Reactions: Knight Strength
I think Mohajir will come in and revolutionize the schedule, (comparatively to DW) but in college football your scheduling for 6, 7, 8 years out. All Mohajir is saying here is to not expect any miracles for 2024, 2025 and 2026 when those years, for P5 teams, are mostly booked up at this point, and we have very little.
We just need to win. We win and espn shuffles us into a kickoff classic type game

We just need to win. We win and espn shuffles us into a kickoff classic type game
Carnac.jpg

Notre Dame slotted Cincy in for a last minute buy game matchup next year. But other than that the teams you list don’t have future matchups with blue bloods on the schedule. Teams like Mercer and Citadel do. And if conferences eventually go to 9 conference games you will see even less of these matchups.

ESPN...who is SICK of all the Div I-AA Games played by SEC Teams (especially that 2nd or 3rd week of Nov), having FINALLY put some pressure on the SEC and ACC to look at adding a 9th conf game...something the Big Ten, Big 12 and Pac-12 have done...as it would help attract more viewers to many of the non-conf SEC slate by adding another conf game.

ESPN...who is SICK of all the Div I-AA Games played by SEC Teams (especially that 2nd or 3rd week of Nov), having FINALLY put some pressure on the SEC and ACC to look at adding a 9th conf game...something the Big Ten, Big 12 and Pac-12 have done...as it would help attract more viewers to many of the non-conf SEC slate by adding another conf game.
Yeah I obviously meant the 2 conferences who don’t yet play 9. It’s why we have been able to get relatively frequent ACC games on the schedule. If they go to 9 conference games those matchups will be more scarce.

Yeah I obviously meant the 2 conferences who don’t yet play 9. It’s why we have been able to get relatively frequent ACC games on the schedule. If they go to 9 conference games those matchups will be more scarce.

Seems to be more reason to try to get every P5 game they can now, seems like setting up for a future where P5 only plays P5. Wouldn't be surprised if Bowls followed suit.

Seems to be more reason to try to get every P5 game they can now, seems like setting up for a future where P5 only plays P5. Wouldn't be surprised if Bowls followed suit.
What makes you think we aren’t trying? Just curious. Have you heard something?

Reactions: Knight_Light
What makes you think we aren’t trying? Just curious. Have you heard something?

I said try to get every P5 game they can now, not limiting to specific conditions. There is going to have to be unfavorable terms, because the entire P5 vs. G5 is an unfavorable setup and there is reason to believe it will only get more lopsided in the future.

Reactions: Colonel Mortimer
I said try to get every P5 game they can now, not limiting to specific conditions. There is going to have to be unfavorable terms, because the entire P5 vs. G5 is an unfavorable setup and there is reason to believe it will only get more lopsided in the future.
And I said there is no benefit to playing road only against 95% of P5 teams when we can get teams like Boise and BYU for home and home. If a 2-1 arises with Alabama then obviously you take that all day. Also getting “every P5” you can now for series 5-10 years from now doesn’t mean much since we can’t predict what the conferences will look like at that point and if ACC for example goes to a 9 game conference slate those games won’t be played anyway.

And I said there is no benefit to playing road only against 95% of P5 teams when we can get teams like Boise and BYU for home and home. If a 2-1 arises with Alabama then obviously you take that all day. Also getting “every P5” you can now for series 5-10 years from now doesn’t mean much since we can’t predict what the conferences will look like at that point and if ACC for example goes to a 9 game conference slate those games won’t be played anyway.
What other teams are there like Boise and BYU? We can't schedule Boise and BYU every year.

What other teams are there like Boise and BYU? We can't schedule Boise and BYU every year.

BYU has a 4 game series with cow u...and a 6 game series with Stanford.

BYU obviously has ANOTHER 2 game series with UCF.

I hope Boise wants to sign another home-home after this 2 game series with UCF is up. (Especially if it can be a season opener for max tv audience).

So that's your solution? Just schedule Boise and BYU every year? 1. Good luck getting those programs to agree to that. 2. You're just gonna tell your fanbase that you're going to play the same schedule every year, and never play a P5? That creates a pretty clear divide between us and the P5 doesn't it?

So that's your solution? Just schedule Boise and BYU every year? 1. Good luck getting those programs to agree to that. 2. You're just gonna tell your fanbase that you're going to play the same schedule every year, and never play a P5? That creates a pretty clear divide between us and the P5 doesn't it?
Yeah it sucks. That’s kind of the goal of P5 teams to make that divide and moving to 9 conference games and scheduling P5 only OOC is already doing this. With the way things are going if we want to play P5 teams consistently we will have to be in the club. And yes when the alternative slate is sun belt, CUSA, or FCS teams at home Boise and BYU are attractive options. I’m not saying getting Texas, Stanford, South Carolina, etc back to the bounce house wouldn’t be great. I’m just saying that P5 scheduling has changed since those series were scheduled and these kind of games are only going to be scheduled out of absolute necessity. Necessity from the P5 team that is.

Also, unless a shoe drops in a P5 conference first and there's realignment there. BYU and Boise are going to end up in the AAC eventually, I'm pretty confident on that.

Also, unless a shoe drops in a P5 conference first and there's realignment there. BYU and Boise are going to end up in the AAC eventually, I'm pretty confident on that.

Boise's most recent HC, who is now at Auburn, tried his best to wake up their admin to get them to look at the AAC one more time....as even he knew the AAC Champ will grab the NYD6 Slot most years and has since 2015...all but in 2016.

CFB needs more cross-conference matchups, not less. It's the only way to tell if one conference is better than another. Of course P5 conferences don't want this because it allows them to hide within themselves and maintain their narrative that they're better than others...who they don't play.

I don't think having 2 schools in the same state should be that much of a problem for the ACC considering that they already have 4 schools (Duke, NC State, NC, and Wake Forest) in the state of North Carolina. In fact, they're so close to each other you can draw a 50 mile radius circle on the map that will encompass all 4.

FSU and Miami are 479 miles (driving) apart. The argument that we're too close to either of them because we are only 200 miles away can't be taken seriously. I think most of our P5 OOC games have been with ACC teams already so many of their teams are familiar with our school. And I also disagree with the notion that we bring nothing to table for them. We give them exposure to a very recruit rich I-4 corridor and top 20 TV market for the Orlando MSA alone. Capture some of the Tampa market and we're in the top 10. They currently have 15 teams in their conference, room for 1 more to round up to an even 16 and split the conference into North and South divisions.

If the Big 12 came a knocking of course we would seriously consider it, but I still have a very sour taste from our last experience with their conference expansion kabuki dance where they used us to extort more money from ESPN. I also have concerns of that conference going the way of the Big East. We finally make it into a P5 league and then suddenly the league isn't P5 anymore.

I think the ACC is lookin a bit bigger than us. I think they really want Notre Dame as option 1. Maybe somebody like Texas as option 2. When the Longhorn Network expires, I don't see ESPN renewing it. It would make it easier for them to move to another conference. Not saying they would, but it would make it easier for them to swap conferences.

As far as distance between Tally and Miami, I think the ACC recruits the I4 corridor just fine as it is. I really don't think the ACC needs to do more to nail down Florida. How far is Gainesville from Miami? How well do Alabama, Auburn, Georgia or the rest of the SEC recruit south florida?

I can almost guarantee there won’t be any noteable additions until at least 2024. 2021 already has Boise and Louisville. 2022 has Georgia Tech and Louisville and is only missing the yearly FCS. 2023 has BYU and Boise which from a scheduling perspective were taking the place of the mid tier P5.

You cannot guarantee anything Jeremy. Honestly. You should not take whatever spin you read on the dungeon and repeat it.

Gus stated that future scheduling has to improve. He wants to play a top ten ranked team every year. I can guarantee that Gus is not going to be waiting years for the upgrade to happen. He sees this as the path to the CFP.

What Gus believes is 180 degrees from Danny's spin(failed) and what you have been posting here. Sit this one out my man.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ucfmikes
You cannot guarantee anything Jeremy. Honestly. You should not take whatever spin you read on the dungeon and repeat it.

Gus stated that future scheduling has to improve. He wants to play a top ten ranked team every year. I can guarantee that Gus is not going to be waiting years for the upgrade to happen. He sees this as the path to the CFP.

What Gus believes is 180 degrees from Danny's spin(failed) and what you have been posting here. Sit this one out my man.
Welcome back. I said no notable additions to the schedule before 2024. I guess we will see who is correct but I anticipate you will take another L. [roll] What new out of conference top 10 team do you see UCF adding in the next 3 years? UCF played the #8 and #11 teams last year FWIW.

Last edited:
Meanwhile USF is already scheduled out to 2028 with a whole bunch of ranked P5 teams. "If" we were to go undefeated we will actually MAKE the playoffs. But go ahead and hold onto your idea that 2 for 1s suck. To be the best you have to play the best.

• Haha
Meanwhile USF is already scheduled out to 2028 with a whole bunch of ranked P5 teams. "If" we were to go undefeated we will actually MAKE the playoffs. But go ahead and hold onto your idea that 2 for 1s suck. To be the best you have to play the best.

No team is ranked that far out. When we scheduled the UNC series they were ranked top 15. Boise perennially ranked. BYU was just top 15 last year.

When you have 10+ thousand empty seats to offer an oppenent it makes scheduling a lot easier. Our place they get 6k max.
We only allot 3k to visiting team. Besides, USF looks like they always have 50k tickets to give, that’s the appeal of these teams scheduling them.
- non threatening easy win ✔️
- “away” home game ✔️
- mid tier FCS but counts as FBS win ✔️

We only allot 3k to visiting team. Besides, USF looks like they always have 50k tickets to give, that’s the appeal of these teams scheduling them.
- non threatening easy win ✔️
- “away” home game ✔️
- mid tier FCS but counts as FBS win ✔️
Thats fine, but you guys went undefeated which, all jokes aside I applaud you guys for and even appreciate it for our conference. But in the end you still didnt make the playoffs so its so bitter sweet. If we go undefeated, it will happen. Thanks to you guy for open doors for us 😎

I wish someone with that schedule would run the table just to see the committee squirm.

Anyone but USF anyway.

This is a joke, right? You do realize that usf is DESPERATE to get a$$e$ in seats and is willing to sell its soul and fill 90% of Buccaneers’ Stadium with opposing fans to get their money and make some semblance of profit, right? Even usf knows it is going to get absolutely SLAUGHTERED by these teams and has a snowball’s chance in hell of, “being the best by playing the best.”

ADVERTISEMENT