ADVERTISEMENT

2018 season

This is the first season in UCF's history that the football team will start the season with national relevance. A ranking, a potential CFP bid and national prominence are here folks. This is BIG!
I like your optimism but I foresee the pundits intentionally lowering UCF rankings solely upon the fact that Frost left.

I like your optimism but I foresee the pundits intentionally lowering UCF rankings solely upon the fact that Frost left.

Of course but we should still be in the top 25. That's the best start ever, right? Everyone in the top 25 should have a shot at the CFP if they win their games.

Reactions: ucfversusbcs
Like I said last season it will take two undefeated seasons in a row to get us into the current CFP bracket. But you know I didn't think Tom Swift would lose last night and the Eagles played a hell of a game and caused him to fumble late in the game :)

Of course but we should still be in the top 25. That's the best start ever, right? Everyone in the top 25 should have a shot at the CFP if they win their games.

Maybe we are in the top 25. Perhaps I am being too much of a pessimist but I see us getting screwed from day one. Not sure that even 2 undefeated seasons would get us into the CFP. The same old schedule issue will always pop up. Remember, they ranked 4 2 loss teams and 1 3 loss team ahead of us in week 15.

It is already starting
https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...op-25-college-football-teams-2018/1011303001/

USA does not even have us ranked yet Boise at 14 and FAU at 21. WTF?

https://www.landof10.com/big-ten/college-football-rankings-top-25-early-2018-season

Not here either

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-rankings-early-look-at-2018-preseason-top-25

Not even a G5 in this list

Those that have us on the list all have Boise ahead of us, thus setting up a "split" for the best G5 and a concerted effort to keep UCF out

Last edited:
Reactions: Knight59 and JAFFX2
SA does not even have us ranked yet Boise at 14 and FAU at 21. WTF?

This puts us at a disadvantage for NY6 right from the start, but nothing we wont overcome. We will take care of FAU on the field but will need some help with Boise.

Like I said last season it will take two undefeated seasons in a row to get us into the current CFP bracket. But you know I didn't think Tom Swift would lose last night and the Eagles played a hell of a game and caused him to fumble late in the game :)

Spoiler alert...
Media: UCF is now 22-0 over the last two years, how can you have them behind numerous teams with 2 losses this season?
CFP chairman: This committee is only concerned about this year. We evaluated UCFs performance and thier schedule just doesn't match up with other teams in the top 15.

Doesn't matter, we don't need the CFP to get another National Championship and continue to expose the CFP as the farce it is.

Spoiler alert...
Media: UCF is now 22-0 over the last two years, how can you have them behind numerous teams with 2 losses this season?
CFP chairman: This committee is only concerned about this year. We evaluated UCFs performance and thier schedule just doesn't match up with other teams in the top 15.

Doesn't matter, we don't need the CFP to get another National Championship and continue to expose the CFP as the farce it is.
How do I “like” this more than once?

Reactions: SublimeKnight
I think that’s fair. It’s damned near impossible to swap staffs and not have a drop off.

I can accept being undersold early due to that uncertainty...but only if we were given a comparable boost and able to climb quickly after a couple of prove-it games.

Reactions: Knight59
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT