ADVERTISEMENT

2020 Democrat hopefuls

i think biden could beat her, but it would be very close. i think you might be right.

Biden is basically just Hillary with a penis now. The dems want new, fresh, and ultra liberal. Harris checks those boxes and she is a female minority who is a good debator. Its everything the left needs to win, and she will. Trump really has his work cut out for him because she is 10 times the candidate that Hillary was.

Biden is basically just Hillary with a penis now. The dems want new, fresh, and ultra liberal. Harris checks those boxes and she is a female minority who is a good debator. Its everything the left needs to win, and she will. Trump really has his work cut out for him because she is 10 times the candidate that Hillary was.

A "centrist" will win. And I say that since there will be 10 people running who want to pander to that far left base you mentioned that has so much sway in national DNC politics, but a lot of D's at home aren't nearly as extremist as these people will be clamoring for.

So you'll have a huge swath of people splitting the far left vote and the more center-left leaning D's will cast ballots for the more sane, rationale person running.

If they get one.

Harris is portrayed as a hypocrite and a joke to the right (and in other political circles), but perhaps consider how she benefits the right wingers or centrists.

- pro cops
- jailed parents for children's truancy
- not too harsh on corporations and Wall Street with the Mnuchen
- mixed record with black lives matter

Sure she's on board for medicare for all but she will cave to the right. She had an affair with Willie Brown, but Trump and prostitutes. These days you'd have to be dishonest in your judgement of those who cant stay in one relationship or have selfish intents or hate black people or be a swerf.

Never Trumpers should consider as long as they can pressure her to abandon progressive stances.

Harris is portrayed as a hypocrite and a joke to the right (and in other political circles), but perhaps consider how she benefits the right wingers or centrists.

- pro cops

Sure she's on board for medicare for all but she will cave to the right. She had an affair with Willie Brown, but Trump and prostitutes. These days you'd have to be dishonest in your judgement of those who cant stay in one relationship or have selfish intents or hate black people or be a swerf.

Never Trumpers should consider as long as they can pressure her to abandon progressive stances.
Lolno

you might be right on that. i think the dems are pressuring biden not to run.

Biden is literally dumber than a box of rocks.

Based on the 2016 election he might actually win.

- pro cops

She’s on board with eradicating private insurance and destroying 1/5 our economy with a plan that’s unaffordable by every measure. Something that would make Maduro smile

Hard pass

Reactions: UCFWayne
She’s on board with eradicating private insurance and destroying 1/5 our economy with a plan that’s unaffordable by every measure. Something that would make Maduro smile

Hard pass
On board because she's trying to appeal to progressives.

chicken is a radical leftist troll
tenor.gif

Hard pass

You and I may feel that way, but consider what her message will be:

"Republicans had 2 years to undo obamacare but they didnt because they know that system works. What I'm proposing will improve upon it and the rich will finally have to pay their fair share. They dont want to, but this is about the health of you and your family."

It'll sell.

Well, it happened again. Amy Klobuchar announced that she is running for President, talking proudly of fighting global warming while standing in a virtual blizzard of snow, ice and freezing temperatures. Bad timing. By the end of her speech she looked like a Snowman(woman)!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) February 10, 2019

Well, it happened again. Amy Klobuchar announced that she is running for President, talking proudly of fighting global warming while standing in a virtual blizzard of snow, ice and freezing temperatures. Bad timing. By the end of her speech she looked like a Snowman(woman)!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) February 10, 2019

I think she's got some skeletons in the closet. I've read a few articles on how she treats her staff and she is by all accounts a nut.

She’s beloved in her state as a smart, funny and personable lawmaker and has gained national attention for her lines of questioning at high-profile hearings.

But some former Klobuchar staffers, all of whom spoke to HuffPost on condition of anonymity, describe Klobuchar as habitually demeaning and prone to bursts of cruelty that make it difficult to work in her office for long.

It is common for staff to wake up to multiple emails from Klobuchar characterizing one’s work as “the worst” briefing or press release she’d seen in her decades of public service, according to two former aides and emails seen by HuffPost.

Although some staffers grew inured to her constant put-downs (“It’s always ‘the worst,’” one said sarcastically, “‘It was ‘the worst’ one two weeks ago”), others found it grinding and demoralizing.

Is it so hard to have both parties with candidates that are not empty suits who had a non government job?

Bernie will not be the Democrat's choice for President in 2020. In 2016, Sanders was the beneficiary of the anti-Clinton mood in the party. This time around those same folks have more attractive candidates to cheer for.

My way-too-early prediction of the top three Democrat candidates are: Kamala Harris, Amy Klobuchar, and Cory Booker.

Bernie will not be the Democrat's choice for President in 2020. In 2016, Sanders was the beneficiary of the anti-Clinton mood in the party. This time around those same folks have more attractive candidates to cheer for.

My way-too-early prediction of the top three Democrat candidates are: Kamala Harris, Amy Klobuchar, and Cory Booker.

All three of them lose bigly to Donald.

The only way Trump gets a second term is if there is a strong third party candidate who splits the vote.

The only way Trump gets a second term is if there is a strong third party candidate who splits the vote.
The odds are definitely in his favor but I do think that Harris has a good shot against him. This election cycle is reminiscent of 1996 except this time the democrat field is generally weak as opposed to the republicans that year.

The odds are definitely in his favor but I do think that Harris has a good shot against him. This election cycle is reminiscent of 1996 except this time the democrat field is generally weak as opposed to the republicans that year.

It will all depend on who the Democrat candidate turns out to be and what baggage he or she has. The key (IMHO) is for that person to be perceived as a progressive/moderate.

The Red Hats live in such a Fox News bubble that they vastly underestimate the number of voters in this country who are yearning for a real, honest-to-goodness leader again.

It will all depend on who the Democrat candidate turns out to be and what baggage he or she has. The key (IMHO) is for that person to be perceived as a progressive/moderate.

The Red Hats live in such a Fox News bubble that they vastly underestimate the number of voters in this country who are yearning for a real, honest-to-goodness leader again.
lol at living in a bubble.

trump holds a rally anywhere in the country and it sells out fast and will have a line of a couple thousand deep wanting to get in.

as long as the economy is going strong, he will win a second term.

lol at living in a bubble.

trump holds a rally anywhere in the country and it sells out fast and will have a line of a couple thousand deep wanting to get in.

I'm not sure I'd use Trump's campaign rallies as my barometer given that there are over 207 million eligible voters in this country. For every enthusiastic MAGA Hatter, there are two others who are thoroughly sick and disgusted of Trump's antics.

Reactions: NinjaKnight
I'm not sure I'd use Trump's campaign rallies as my barometer given that there are over 207 million eligible voters in this country. For every enthusiastic MAGA Hatter, there are two others who are thoroughly sick and disgusted of Trump's antics.
incumbents usually win.

A calm, intellectual moderate has the best shot at winning. Trump is a cult of personality type of candidate and the only way to counteract that is by putting up someone who is well spoken and makes people feel safe. At this point Harris has the best shot but signing on to aoc's green deal definitely didnt help because it moves public perception of her towards an extreme. Like it or not, Trump represents the status quo and people are drawn to that out of fear of the unknown. If a candidate can eliminate those fears and present themself in a way that makes people feel like we are ok and at the same time invoke confidence that their plan is going to incrementally improve the future then they will win. Trump has the upper hand right now in that category.

CNN already told us he couldn't win last time. Now the economy is stronger and constantly winning.

Reactions: UCFWayne
A calm, intellectual moderate has the best shot at winning.

I wholeheartedly agree with you, Crazy! [thumb2]

Like it or not, Trump represents the status quo and people are drawn to that out of fear of the unknown. If a candidate can eliminate those fears ...

In the past, I would have agreed with you on this point too. But the reality today is that a lot of voters feel like they got burned by Trump. Prior to the election, I think there were a lot of blue collar voters who said, "Aw, what the hell, I'm voting for Trump. When all is said and done, these elections don't make that much difference anyway."

Over the past two years, many of those voters have come to realize that elections do have serious consequences. If Trump's opponent is a calm, intelligent moderate with a positive view of our future, that person will win. The key will be that person's ability to who avoid Trump and the RNC's efforts to paint her/him as a wild-eyed commie (the old USSR-type, not the great new Putin Ruskie lover-type).

ADVERTISEMENT