ADVERTISEMENT

2020 NFL Draft Predictions

shacket

Golden Knight
Gold Member
Jan 12, 2020
Who do you guys think makes it to the next level this year? I am guessing:

Gabe Davis - late 2nd round (deep WR class in this year's draft)
Nevelle Clark - 7th round (showing out at Shrine Bowl)
Adrian Killins - UFA but will make a roster somewhere
Nate Evans - UFA but might make a roster somewhere
Brendon Hayes - UFA but might make a roster somewhere
Brandon Wimbush - UFA but could possibly eventually make a roster as a tight end or utility player (Taysom Hill?)

Thoughts? Others I am missing?

Reactions: MckenzieMilton10
I don’t know if Davis is even a 2nd round lock. There are a ton of WRs in this draft and I don’t see him in any 2nd round mock drafts yet. I think it comes down to his 40 time.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
I don’t know if Davis is even a 2nd round lock. There are a ton of WRs in this draft and I don’t see him in any 2nd round mock drafts yet. I think it comes down to his 40 time.
He’ll be lucky for the third. He got unlucky with a generational WR class

Brandon Wimbush - UFA but could possibly eventually make a roster as a tight end or utility player (Taysom Hill?)

I think Evans has a better chance at a roster than Killins. I think Killins will make his checks in the CFL

Gabe gets drafted. I think Nevelle and Nate have best chance to walk on. AK is too small for NFL. Hayes didn't have a big year. Wimbush unfortunately lost a whole year of productivity, he won't play QB in NFL. Maybe he can be some kind of RB/QB utility player, I don't see it happening though. I can see Wimbush in the CFL or XFL though, very very talented athletically

Gabe needs to run under a 4.5, preferably in the low 4.4s or high 4.3s to have a chance at 2nd round

Reactions: Ucfmikes
I agree Gabe needs to put up numbers at the combine but it is also possible some of these stud WRs from other P6 (lol) schools don't show well at the combine and Gabe's production stacks up great. Killins I know is small and a long shot but the NFL has changed a lot and speed is more important than ever. I personally think Killins has more to gain from the combine than anybody, if he is in the 4.2s I think he will end up in a camp

Gabe gets drafted. I think Nevelle and Nate have best chance to walk on. AK is too small for NFL. Hayes didn't have a big year. Wimbush unfortunately lost a whole year of productivity, he won't play QB in NFL. Maybe he can be some kind of RB/QB utility player, I don't see it happening though. I can see Wimbush in the CFL or XFL though, very very talented athletically

Let Killins run a 4.2 40 with his ability to catch the ball in space and someone gives him a look.
Only my considered opinion.

Let Killins run a 4.2 40 with his ability to catch the ball in space and someone gives him a look.
Only my considered opinion.
NFL has been littered with fast guys that either get hurt or don’t make an impact. Only a few actually pan out if they aren’t on NFL radar before draft.

Agreed except that I feel B. Hayes might be a 6th or 7th round selection. Although he can afford to improve his power, he has good quickness for 295 lbs., and that can be hard to come by. I could be wrong, but I sense that he may surprise many.

I personally think Killins has more to gain from the combine than anybody, if he is in the 4.2s I think he will end up in a camp
Why are you saying 4.2 like thats even normal. I think out of HS he was a 4.3 guy and since college his freshman/sophomore years were his fastest.

Last edited:
Jordan Johnson is another one that should at least make an NFL roster for training camp. Doubt he gets drafted but you never know.

Why are you saying 4.2 like thats even normal. I think out of HS he was a 4.3 guy and since college his freshman/sophomore years were his fastest.
I'm not saying that a 4.29 is normal, just that there is potential for a lot of upside in his pro day/combine performance. If a 4.2 was normal it wouldn't have an impact on his status as a prospect, where did you get that impression at all from what I said? Lol, nobody thinks a 4.2 is a normal 40 time, there have been very few of those in the history of the NFL combine.

Do you have stats to support his slowing down or it just feels that way to you?

Reactions: Endeavor.
I'm not saying that a 4.29 is normal, just that there is potential for a lot of upside in his pro day/combine performance. If a 4.2 was normal it wouldn't have an impact on his status as a prospect, where did you get that impression at all from what I said? Lol, nobody thinks a 4.2 is a normal 40 time, there have been very few of those in the history of the NFL combine.

Do you have stats to support his slowing down or it just feels that way to you?
it was the way the sentence was structured lol "if he runs a 4.2 hell get a camp". I don't think anyone ever predicts a 4.2 even for the top athletes out of the top schools.
Wasn't meant to be insulting

Last edited:
Reactions: shacket
I wouldn’t be at all shocked if AK ran a 4.26-4.28. You now have a track guy without pass essentially training for a “track” event.

Chris Johnson ran a 4.24 and the Griffins ran a 4.38. Josh Robinson ran something like a 4.32 or 4.33. I would think that AK is faster that the Griffins and Robinson.

it was the way the sentence was structured lol "if he runs a 4.2 hell get a camp". I don't think anyone every predicts a 4.2 even for the top athletes out of the top schools.
Wasn't meant to be insulting
Fair. In that post about the 4.2 I was really just saying that Killins has a better chance than most to post a crazy 40 time and if he does, I think along with his good production and YPC average, he will get in a camp. I don't really see anybody else blowing people away at the combine and getting looks due to it, although Gabe could make some extra money for himself and Nevelle could sneak in to a late round with good times.

Gabe needs to run under a 4.5, preferably in the low 4.4s or high 4.3s to have a chance at 2nd round

He has great hands, but I don't think he could clock under 4.4. He was never mentioned among the fastest guys on the team, but he showed moves and field presence. I think he could be a Round 3 or 4, since this draft is laden with WRs. And that be awesome!

Reactions: PhDee
such a big difference in exposure between leaving last year and leaving this year. Don't think he gets this opportunity last year. good for him and his dad for helping him make the right decision.
If NFL doesn't, there's always the XFL.. hopefully it'll stay around this time

I agree Gabe needs to put up numbers at the combine but it is also possible some of these stud WRs from other P6 (lol) schools don't show well at the combine and Gabe's production stacks up great. Killins I know is small and a long shot but the NFL has changed a lot and speed is more important than ever. I personally think Killins has more to gain from the combine than anybody, if he is in the 4.2s I think he will end up in a camp
Killins is the next tyreek hill

Reactions: MckenzieMilton10
I wish - but that’s unlikely.

Hill is a good 2” and 20lbs heavier than AK and much shiftier. I hope he finds an nfl landing spot, but I think the XFL is his best bet.
Hill also runs about 10.10 for 100 meters.

ADVERTISEMENT