ADVERTISEMENT

2023 and 2024 Schedule

Existing B12 members get a payday, new teams get nothing. Also UF could be in doubt if SEC goes to 9 conference games in 2024.
So they have Miami, Samford, UCF and FSU on the 2024 schedule. You think they'd drop us over Samford? I would think playing us keep SOS (as lame as that is) and also a P5 matchup.

Existing B12 members get a payday, new teams get nothing. Also UF could be in doubt if SEC goes to 9 conference games in 2024.
Just remember, if FL needs to cut a game, so does the rest of the SEC. I'm sure the teams that are dropped will be discussing scheduling replacements. Who knows, if it affects us, we may get another P5 home game (or at least a home and away) out of it.

Reactions: muckdawg24
While I know they have done that in years past, I feel as though the model is changing and more teams will not be scheduling cupcakes games, hence why I figured they'd drop Samford instead of us.

So they have Miami, Samford, UCF and FSU on the 2024 schedule. You think they'd drop us over Samford? I would think playing us keep SOS (as lame as that is) and also a P5 matchup.
Yes, and UCF will 100% do the same. Not sure what OOC SOS matters in P5, particularly SEC.

If Samford is first Home game they keep it. They want their fans to be engaged still early on in season. Because come week 8, most are complaining or stopped watching.

If Samford is first Home game they keep it. They want their fans to be engaged still early on in season. Because come week 8, most are complaining or stopped watching.
It's not, but I don't think it matters. There is no way UF is going into the first year of this beefed up SEC schedule with Miami, UCF and Florida State as their OOC schedule. 0 chance of that. Now of course the FSU game isn't getting dropped. Miami is currently scheduled as the opening game, and we're slated in October, right in the middle of conference play, pretty obvious what would get axed.

Now, the only positive is, we may get the 1-1 with UF Danny White always wanted instead of 2 for 1, but it just may not happen until the 2030s.

Reactions: BlakNGoldAllDay
Florida will have a similar problem in 2025 with USF, Miami, FAMU, and FSU.

The idea l liked the most was for the Florida-UCF and Florida-USF games to be moved out (UF and UCF both have a spot in 2027 and USF and UF both have a spot in 2029).

But 2024 and 2025 could be filled with UCF and USF playing each other for a 2 game series. Both would now have an opening on 9/6/2025 and 10/5/2024.

Edit: One big caveat that I forgot about. This depends on whether the Big 12 keeps a 9 game conference schedule once dropping to 12 teams or goes to 8. Otherwise, UCF won't have a 2025 opening without moving something like FAU.

Last edited:

The idea l liked the most was for the Florida-UCF and Florida-USF games to be moved out (UF and UCF both have a spot in 2027 and USF and UF both have a spot in 2029).

But 2024 and 2025 could be filled with UCF and USF playing each other for a 2 game series. Both would now have an opening on 9/6/2025 and 10/5/2024.
But No to that. I see exactly what your are trying to do lol

If I understand this correctly (and I may not), in 2024 we play the gators at UF (game 1 of 3, 2 games being at the swamp). I rather THEY cancel and pay us out for cancelling rather than simply rescheduling. Basically, this gives us the 1-1 we wanted and they look chickenshit to back out of the game. And we get money. Win-win-win situation. Again, if I understand the terms of that agreement correctly (and I may not have).

Last edited:
Dude is trying to do Uwcf a favor [laughing]

we need to let them rot for at least 3-4 seasons

But I don’t trust Terry when it comes to scheduling

Dude is trying to do Uwcf a favor [laughing]

we need to let them rot for at least 3-4 seasons

But I don’t trust Terry when it comes to scheduling

I do think I originally read about this idea on a USF board.

I thought it was a creative way to keep that series alive but I know it's a snarky rivalry between you two.

I do think I originally read about this idea on a USF board.

I thought it was a creative way to keep that series alive but I know it's a snarky rivalry between you two.
they rely on UCF for engagement and interest in their Program. Why help them anytime soon? But I may be in the minority w this opinion, some of our fans have a short sided opinion on this.

Reactions: CBlackwellRN

UCF moves FAU home game from 2025 to 2028. Had the game not been moved, UCF would have had all OOC games against FBS teams, the other two is @Maryland, home against North Carolina. This opens up for buying an FCS game.

UCF moves FAU home game from 2025 to 2028. Had the game not been moved, UCF would have had all OOC games against FBS teams, the other two is @Maryland, home against North Carolina. This opens up for buying an FCS game.
Initial reaction meh, but can't be that mad at it. If we have to play an FBS school that is considered 'G5', rather it not be to FAU which is probably going to be the better of the bunch 2025+. Similar to P5 programs who had to schedule UCF these last few years. You don't a ton of respect for beating a top G5 and it's more so a normal "expected" win from a P5, and if you lose well you lost to a "G5" poverty team. Lose-Lose situation. At that point you might as well schedule a FCS for the automatic win.

Last edited:
Looks like the long rumored canceled UCF / MD home and home is officially done. Fau who we moved to 2028 is now playing them on our originally scheduled date in MD. Hopefully that pitt series is announced soon.

Looks like the long rumored canceled UCF / MD home and home is officially done. Fau who we moved to 2028 is now playing them on our originally scheduled date in MD. Hopefully that pitt series is announced soon.

Disappointing. I usually have a whole D.C. week planned around that game and Navy. Probably won’t be visiting for awhile now

Are we just going to play 2 FCS teams a year? Because our upcoming OOC schedule is a wasteland.
Would guess similar to 2024 vs. New Hampshire vs. Sam Houston. Lucky for UCF that Big12 only has 3 OOC. Team is now having to travel out west 1-2 times a year so probably no west coast teams. At this point FIU/FAU probably has a lot of leverage in negotiations with UCF. UCF will likely be paying bad teams to come to UCF going forward.

Only New Hampshire plays FCS FB.

Sam Houston State plays FBS FB in Conference USA, albeit shittily.

UF plays in the SEC.

There's nothing wrong with our OOC schedule.
Probably pointing out that UCF has 5 spots to fill for 2025/2026. Two will go to FCS, but that is still 3 games that have to be signed in 2 years. Small percentage of FBS teams have openings in the next two years aside from signing FCS game, smaller percentage for programs that are descent, tiny percentage that are looking to add a road game.

Last edited:
Reactions: Colonel Mortimer
Only New Hampshire plays FCS FB.

Sam Houston State plays FBS FB in Conference USA, albeit shittily.

UF plays in the SEC.

There's nothing wrong with our OOC schedule.
Holy Cow, I completely missed Sam Houston moving up to FBS. I agree there is nothing wrong with our schedule this year, but going forward I think it is. You need to play one game against a power conference in OOC schedule IMO. As of right now only North Carolina and Florida are on our future schedules. 2026, 2028 and 2029 have no P5 team scheduled, and I think that'll be an issue.

Reactions: PositYourself
Holy Cow, I completely missed Sam Houston moving up to FBS. I agree there is nothing wrong with our schedule this year, but going forward I think it is. You need to play one game against a power conference in OOC schedule IMO. As of right now only North Carolina and Florida are on our future schedules. 2026, 2028 and 2029 have no P5 team scheduled, and I think that'll be an issue.

Yea UCF needs to step on the pedal.

I think we should be playing TWO P5 games a year! We'll need all the quality wins as possible in seeking that #2/3 Big12 CFB playoff seedings.

Yea UCF needs to step on the pedal.

I think we should be playing TWO P5 games a year! We'll need all the quality wins as possible in seeking that #2/3 Big12 CFB playoff seedings.
I disagree. I think UCF should schedule as many cupcakes as it can fit on the schedule to build a good record for playoff contention. Definitely schedule no more than one P5 opponent.

CFB National Championship teams usually have the easiest Strength of Schedules in the nation.

Michigan 2023

Thuga* 2022

Thuga* 2021

uat** 2020

lsWho 2019

clempson 2018

uat 2017

UCF*** 2017

*Thuga is contractually obligated to play Ga. Tech.

**COVID

***Weakest schedule of all National Championship teams in the last 50 years maybe.

That's how you win a title! Not trolling. Not joking.

Last edited:
I disagree. I think UCF should schedule as many cupcakes as it can fit on the schedule to build a good record for playoff contention. Definitely schedule no more than one P5 opponent.

CFB National Championship teams usually have the easiest Strength of Schedules in the nation.

Michigan 2023

Thuga* 2022

Thuga* 2021

uat** 2020

lsWho 2019

clempson 2018

uat 2017

UCF*** 2017

**COVID

***Weakest schedule of all National Championship teams in the last 50 years maybe.

I can't believe you spent all that time to make a bad argument. Michigan is the only team on that list that scheduled a super easy OOC schedule. Other than that I see Oregon, Clemson, Texas, Texas A&M

I can't believe you spent all that time to make a bad argument. Michigan is the only team on that list that scheduled a super easy OOC schedule. Other than that I see Oregon, Clemson, Texas, Texas A&M
So you see 1 P5 opponent per champion, save Thuga, which is contractually obligated to play Ga. Tech AND clempson, which is contractually obligated to play South Carolina?

Michigan 2023

Thuga* 2022

Thuga* 2021

uat** 2020

lsWho 2019

clempson 2018

uat 2017

UCF*** 2017

**COVID

In almost every case they played a team on there schedule that would have ended up in the 4 team playoff if they did not beat them. Right now no one from Big 12 is posed to make that run, and if they do from a voting standpoint is going to be given the Florida State treatment.

A couple 1-2 loss Big 12 teams playing for conference championship means a possible 1 bid league, voters will take a 3 loss Texas/Oklahoma/Georgia/LSU/Alabama/Ohio State/Michigan/ect...

Also a quick way to make sure UCF falls in obscurity, play 1 mediocre P5 program, finish middle of pack Big 12 year in and year out. Soft schedule is fine, if you guarantee undefeated seasons.

There are not any really good teams in the Big 12. The conference is not very attractive to recruits or to television now with both Texas and Oklahoma gone.

Look where the top recruits are going…it’s not the Big 12 and it will never be.

In almost every case they played a team on there schedule that would have ended up in the 4 team playoff if they did not beat them. Right now no one from Big 12 is posed to make that run, and if they do from a voting standpoint is going to be given the Florida State treatment.

A couple 1-2 loss Big 12 teams playing for conference championship means a possible 1 bid league, voters will take a 3 loss Texas/Oklahoma/Georgia/LSU/Alabama/Ohio State/Michigan/ect...

Also a quick way to make sure UCF falls in obscurity, play 1 mediocre P5 program, finish middle of pack Big 12 year in and year out. Soft schedule is fine, if you guarantee undefeated seasons.
Way to make UCF relevant...

Beat one mediocre P5 and win all nearly all the conference games and play for the league title.

Way to make UCF irrelevant...

Lose to two ELITE non-conference teams and UCF MUST win the Big 12 and *hope" there are guaranteed league title tie ins to make the CFP.

Taking care of business during the regular season in the Big 12 is enough to get UCF in the big dance.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT