ADVERTISEMENT

2024 Big 12 Conference football schedule for Week 1 and 2

Central Floridave

Todd's Tiki Bar
Aug 21, 2001
FYI, the times listed are NOT Eastern Standard time. UCF game starts at 7pm EST.

good info on media coverage for Big12 games. I'll be watching the other big12 teams this year.

Thursday, August 29

New Hampshire vs. UCF at 6:00 p.m. (ESPN+)

North Dakota State vs. Colorado at 7:00 p.m. (ESPN)

Lindenwood vs. Kansas at 7:00 p.m. (ESPN+)

Southern Utah vs. Utah at 8:00 p.m. (ESPN+)

Friday, August 30

TCU vs. Stanford at 9:30 p.m. (ESPN)

Saturday, August 31

Penn State vs. West Virginia at 11:00 a.m. (Fox)

South Dakota State vs. Oklahoma State at 1:00 p.m. (ESPN+)

Towson vs. Cincinnati at 1:30 p.m. (ESPN+)

North Dakota vs. Iowa State at 2:30 p.m. (FS1)

Tarleton State vs. Baylor at 6:00 p.m. (ESPN+)

UNLV vs. Houston at 6:00 p.m. (FS1)

UT Martin vs. Kansas State at 6:00 p.m. (ESPN+)

Abilene Christian vs. Texas Tech at 6:30 p.m. (ESPN+)

Southern Illinois vs. BYU at 7:00 p.m. (ESPN+)

New Mexico vs. Arizona at 9:30 p.m. (ESPN)

Wyoming vs. Arizona State at 9:30 p.m. (FS1)

Friday, September 6

BYU vs. SMU at 6:00 p.m. (ESPN2)

Saturday, September 7

Arkansas vs. Oklahoma State at 11:00 a.m. (ABC)

Pittsburgh vs. Cincinnati at 11:00 a.m. (TBA)

Kansas State vs. Tulane at 11:00 a.m. (TBA)

Baylor vs. Utah at 2:30 p.m. (Fox)

Iowa State vs. Iowa at 2:30 p.m. (CBS)

Albany vs. West Virginia at 5:00 p.m. (ESPN+)

Sam Houston vs. UCF at 5:30 p.m. (ESPN+)

Kansas vs. Illinois at 6:00 p.m. (FS1)

Colorado vs. Nebraska at 6:30 p.m. (NBC)

Houston vs. Oklahoma at 6:45 p.m. (SECN)

LIU vs. TCU at 7:00 p.m. (ESPN+)

Texas Tech vs. Washington State at 9:00 p.m. (Fox)

Northern Arizona vs. Arizona at 9:00 p.m. (ESPN+)

Mississippi State vs. Arizona State at 9:30 p.m. (ESPN)

link: https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/ot...ns-schedule-matchups-and-channels/ar-AA1pteL3

Last edited:
First off, I just notice the above times are not Eastern Standard Time EST, thus +1 hour.

I logged into my ESPN+ account to see if it was still active (It's been awhile)...got in looked and saw UCF vs UNH listed for 7pm Thursday. But, also wanted to note I saw UCF post game press confernce listed. The link below is a direct link to it. 740am/96.9fm radio covers the post game as well. Can get that online if not within radio reach. I've never noticed a UCF post game on ESPN+ before. That must be a new feature :

Big12-Action tonight!

Thursday, August 29

New Hampshire vs. UCF at 7:00 p.m. (ESPN+)

North Dakota State vs. Colorado at 8:00 p.m. (ESPN)

Lindenwood vs. Kansas at 8:00 p.m. (ESPN+)

Southern Utah vs. Utah at 9:00 p.m. (ESPN+)

Thursday, August 29 Final Scores

New Hampshire 3 vs. UCF 57 final.

Run, Run, and more Running. UCF Defense improved, special Teams great, QB needs a ton of work.

North Dakota State 26 vs. Colorado 31 Final
The Neon Deions just about got upset by N.Dak.State. It went down to a final hail mary play by N.DakState that was near a Td. A bunch of questionable ref calls and no-calls hurt NDSU. They really should have won that game. Colorado QB and skill players are great. However Qb Sanders was on the ground a lot. Offensive line isn't that good. Colorado Defense is porous. I feel good about UCF beating Colorado in Orlando.

Lindenwood 3 vs. Kansas 48 Final
Didn't watch. Prob go watch highlights later.

Southern Utah 0 vs. Utah 49. Final
Didn't watch, saw one highlight of a great long bomb pass by Cam Rising. Looked pretty good.

Football season is in full swing! TCU Tonight!!!!
Friday, August 30

TCU vs. Stanford at 9:30 p.m. (ESPN)

Stanford 7 TCU 0. TCU defense looks like it could be good but multiple penalties, super undisclipiined, allowed to Stanford to drive down and score first drive TD. Nobody in the stands at Stanford.

So, far not impressed. UCF gonna beat TCU. But, I'll report back in a little bit on TCU offense. Prob not watching whole game. California time.

TCU first drive. 15 plays. punched it in for a Td. 7-7.

Stanford defense, meh. TCU offense looks pretty good.

TCU is a game where we are going to have to run the ball like crazy, and try to dominate the time of possession.

They looked like they had a pretty fit passing attack (big-time athletes at WR, decent QB). They blitzed quite a bit on defense as well against Stanford. Just have to run it right at them.

TCU is a game where we are going to have to run the ball like crazy, and try to dominate the time of possession.

They looked like they had a pretty fit passing attack (big-time athletes at WR, decent QB). They blitzed quite a bit on defense as well against Stanford. Just have to run it right at them.
Not sure how good Stanford D is, they were terrible last year, but Hoover didn’t look great. He was forcing it to Williams a lot. Didn’t look impressive to me. Williams never goes into huddle. Everyone else did. Looked like sideline was telling him the play. They weren’t all on same page quite a few times. Probably iron that out next week but may not.

Not sure how good Stanford D is, they were terrible last year, but Hoover didn’t look great. He was forcing it to Williams a lot. Didn’t look impressive to me. Williams never goes into huddle. Everyone else did. Looked like sideline was telling him the play. They weren’t all on same page quite a few times. Probably iron that out next week but may not.
It’s a system thing more than it’s just Hoover as a great prospect for me.

439 passing yards last season against BYU, over 400 against Baylor. Over 300 passing yards last year against Texas, Texas Tech, and Oklahoma. Big numbers last night.

It’s more just the TCU scheme/attack for me in the passing game that I think will present challenges for UCF. That Dykes/Malzahn matchup in 2021 was pretty damn ugly for UCF. Mordecai threw for nearly 400 yards (scored 55 points).

Reactions: BlakNGoldAllDay
When I was watching the TCU first half before conking out it felt like I was watching a C-USA game.

Stanford fans filled in late and looked disinterested in the game. Maybe that changed in the 2nd half.

It's amazing how low Stanford has become. They were one of the true blue blood football programs not too long ago.

remember when UCF stomped Stanford in the Bouncehouse? That seemed like their down turn.

Did Stanford not want into the big 12? I would’ve preferred them over Arizona state. But then again the Arizona schools were probably a package deal.

When I was watching the TCU first half before conking out it felt like I was watching a C-USA game.

Stanford fans filled in late and looked disinterested in the game. Maybe that changed in the 2nd half.

It's amazing how low Stanford has become. They were one of the true blue blood football programs not too long ago.

remember when UCF stomped Stanford in the Bouncehouse? That seemed like their down turn.
That was a great game. It was a 30 point lead before you blinked. It was after that game that Kirk Herbstreet finally gave props to UCF. Then we lost to Pitt the next week.

Reactions: Central Floridave
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT