ADVERTISEMENT

24 Hrs of UCF on ESPNU Saturday...what games are missing?

mattropolis

Diamond Knight
Jan 7, 2002
It's basically a greatest hits lineup but it has to be because it needs to get people to watch games that might not really know a lot about us. It's great exposure! Fantastic exposure! Not bad but I would have liked to have have seen a couple of "deep cuts" as well. Some that showcase players or games that define our very young program. For me:

1. 2007 CUSA game; Tulsa vs UCF; 24k runs for 284 and 4TDs. Our 1st conference title!
2. 2005 Hawaii Bowl; yeah, we lost a heartbreaker but the game had 24k going for 202 and 2 TDs, and Marshall having 11 receptions for 210 yards and 3 TDs.
3. 2000 UCF @ Bama....a big win for a fledgling program on their field. Sure, they weren't good that year but UCF is undefeated against Bama! Like rubbing salt in a wound after that 2017 Natty as well.
4. 2013 UCF @ Penn State. Tough place to win. It was a big omen for what was to come that season. Blake, Storm and Worton all had very nice games.

Last edited:
I'd add 2010 Liberty Bowl. Classic O'leary win and UCF's first bowl victory against brand name SEC UGA.

I like the line up. Like OP said it has to be the big hits. That said, if I had to choose another game... I like to think about who we are currently so I will say the Stanford game. It might be the biggest recent "hit" that would interest non-fans.

Reactions: mattropolis
My DVR gonna be working overtime tomorrow recording for 24 hrs straight. A little heavy on the Memphis games - and they definitely buried the Auburn game till late. Wonder if they’ll air the part with Danny saying “Undefeated. National Champs!”

Yeah I would say the #1 omission Is the Penn State game, but it was aired on Big Ten Network originally. It’s the one game that I really want to re-watch but can’t because it’s not on YouTube

My DVR gonna be working overtime tomorrow recording for 24 hrs straight. A little heavy on the Memphis games - and they definitely buried the Auburn game till late. Wonder if they’ll air the part with Danny saying “Undefeated. National Champs!”
Ok. Everyone knows all of these games are available without commercials on Youtube any time. Right? Still cool for the ESPN exposure

watching the USF 2017 now. That game is extra special to me because it is the last CFB game my Dad ever attended with me along with his UCF grandson grad and with his younger grandson in the marching band doing the herald trumpet intro.

Reactions: Stormthecourt?
Ok. Everyone knows all of these games are available without commercials on Youtube any time. Right? Still cool for the ESPN exposure

watching the USF 2017 now. That game is extra special to me because it is the last CFB game my Dad ever attended with me along with his UCF grandson grad and with his younger grandson in the marching band doing the herald trumpet intro.

yes, and I do go online every now and then to watch these games on youtube

but sometimes I just want to veg on the recliner and replay the dvr on the tv

(and yes, I have a smart tv with YouTube on it too, guess I’m just old school)

yes, and I do go online every now and then to watch these games on youtube

but sometimes I just want to veg on the recliner and replay the dvr on the tv

(and yes, I have a smart tv with YouTube on it too, guess I’m just old school)
Haha. Gotcha 100%. I cut my cable down to basic a few months ago due to no sports and don’t get the U anymore. And I waited til 3 pm today and started the YouTube feed so I could watch along with Knight nation. Probably the 5th or 6th time I watched that rerun. Lol

Haha. Gotcha 100%. I cut my cable down to basic a few months ago due to no sports and don’t get the U anymore. And I waited til 3 pm today and started the YouTube feed so I could watch along with Knight nation. Probably the 5th or 6th time I watched that rerun. Lol

that’s the game I was looking forward to the most today, and the game i’ve YouTube watched the most over the years.

I even bought a print of the Hughes kickoff return from someone on this board and it still hangs in my office today!

1988 Noise penalty game against Troy State, 33,000 of the noisiest fans ever....was the first time we acted like a big time program.

I was there for the noise penalty game. I remember sneaking in a keg for that game. Yes, a keg. we were crazy back then, it was the 80s.

Reactions: vroomba
Big 10 just threw the towel in....at least for the Fall. Let's see what goes down with the AAC. Orange counties 7-day rolling average (using the FL Dept of Health Dashboard) is 272 cases per day (was more like 400/day before that). State of Florida rolling 7-day average is 6529 cases per day. It was more between 9-10,000 for the previous 2 weeks before that. Deaths are trending downward as well but gotta wait one week on that to let the number settle out, as additional deaths are back-filled. If we keep trending in this manner we should be in pretty good in a month when most of the first games were slated to be played.

We've got an open date at the beginning of November. A home-and-home with Nebraska would be dope. I don't care where the first game is played. It's an instant clash of fanbases, a good story, and instant pressure for both programs.

Reactions: Knight Strength
We didn't kill the keg tailgating, so we threw it over the fence and finished it inside the gates. Everyone huddled around it and hid it until it was gone. It was something like that. details are fuzzy. It was the 80s. There are many stories like that. It was pretty crazy times. It wasn't like now where you would get tazed and thrown in jail. I was the only one who had an Air Force badge that lived in the frat slum area and I could get 25 dollar kegs at the DT navy base (which is no longer there).

Reactions: Knight Strength
Big 10 just threw the towel in....at least for the Fall. Let's see what goes down with the AAC. Orange counties 7-day rolling average (using the FL Dept of Health Dashboard) is 272 cases per day (was more like 400/day before that). State of Florida rolling 7-day average is 6529 cases per day. It was more between 9-10,000 for the previous 2 weeks before that. Deaths are trending downward as well but gotta wait one week on that to let the number settle out, as additional deaths are back-filled. If we keep trending in this manner we should be in pretty good in a month when most of the first games were slated to be played.

We've got an open date at the beginning of November. A home-and-home with Nebraska would be dope. I don't care where the first game is played. It's an instant clash of fanbases, a good story, and instant pressure for both programs.

This might be the only thing that makes me want to visit Nebraska.

Reactions: mattropolis
We didn't kill the keg tailgating, so we threw it over the fence and finished it inside the gates. Everyone huddled around it and hid it until it was gone. It was something like that. details are fuzzy. It was the 80s. There are many stories like that. It was pretty crazy times. It wasn't like now where you would get tazed and thrown in jail. I was the only one who had an Air Force badge that lived in the frat slum area and I could get 25 dollar kegs at the DT navy base (which is no longer there).
Even a half full keg is heavy. How many people did it take?

ADVERTISEMENT