ADVERTISEMENT

27-38 JAGS vs PATS

Double crap. Didn’t even get a last chance
Defense didn’t step up when it counted

I'm just mad I fell for that NFL shit again. I
At least the WWE admits what they do.

A great effort by Bortles and Co.

However, it is difficult to beat the referees.

You wanna talk about draining the swamp - let's start with the NFL swamp.

This in no way goes against what I said. Helmet to helmet contact is legal in some circumstances including when leading with the shoulder in making a normal football tackle. The officials and others (yourself and Kanell included) thought it was egregious while I disagree. I could see it called either way. Looked to me like he shouldered him to jar the ball loose, but I can see where there was a good amount of helmet contact. Either way it wasn't a defenseless receiver flag.

This in no way goes against what I said. Helmet to helmet contact is legal in some circumstances including when leading with the shoulder in making a normal football tackle. The officials and others (yourself and Kanell included) thought it was egregious while I disagree. I could see it called either way. Looked to me like he shouldered him to jar the ball loose, but I can see where there was a good amount of helmet contact. Either way it wasn't a defenseless receiver flag.
I think it's only legal inside of the tackle box or once you become a runner. Neither of which applies to this case.

I think it comes down to the old “leading with helmet” or “incidental contact” which is a judgement call.

ADVERTISEMENT