ADVERTISEMENT

3rd degree murder off the table for Chauvin

This is not a surprise and never should’ve been charged. Ellison left it there for show purposes because people don’t understand laws and would’ve flipped their shit if he’d have withdrawn it, even though it never should’ve been charged. So they wasted taxpayer money having to respond to the charge in a hearing that never should’ve been charged in the first place. Small matter but a waste nonetheless.

Don't see where today changes much, other than taking the middle charge out of the mix.

Don't see where today changes much, other than taking the middle charge out of the mix.
It was 50/50 between 2nd degree and 3rd degree murder on which one could actually bring a conviction, so to me this means its half as likely that he will be convicted of anything beyond manslaughter. Thats kind of a big deal. Maybe the judge sees the 2nd degree charge as being a less convoluted case for the jury to rule on.

It was 50/50 between 2nd degree and 3rd degree murder on which one could actually bring a conviction, so to me this means its half as likely that he will be convicted of anything beyond manslaughter. Thats kind of a big deal. Maybe the judge sees the 2nd degree charge as being a less convoluted case for the jury to rule on.
It wasn’t ever 50/50. There was no way they’d ever prove 3rd degree without proving an underlying predicate criminal act. Which clearly there wasn’t.

good. he did nothing wrong.

dealing with a muscle-bound drug addict with violent tendencies is something none of yall have had to deal with, so not really interested in hearing how you would've done it differently.

good. he did nothing wrong.

dealing with a muscle-bound drug addict with violent tendencies is something none of yall have had to deal with, so not really interested in hearing how you would've done it differently.
He still has the 2nd degree murder charge pending, which is at least legally more appropriate, and the manslaughter charges pending.

I kind of expect they get him on Manslaughter, or nothing. If jury decides he died because of the neck hold, they convict, if they decide it was drug ovedose, they don't.

I kind of expect they get him on Manslaughter, or nothing. If jury decides he died because of the neck hold, they convict, if they decide it was drug ovedose, they don't.
It was for sure a drug overdose that just coincidentally lined up in time with a very safe and very normal knee on his throat for 9 minutes.

Oh great! More riots ahead. Although this time President Biden will have his full social worker forced ready to pounce!

Led by Gladys, the world’s best social worker with over 40 years of experience

Plus covid. The most deadly virus ever to hit mankind. The combo of meth, covid, and knee.

At what point can a cop be responsible after someone is resisting arrest on a crazy meth rage? Not say the cop didn't cross the line, but this wasn't exactly how the media originally sold the story. Conveniently they only leaked the knee hold and not everything else.
In this case? I would say at the point where he should’ve recognized that Floyd was in actual distress and how he responded to that according to protocol and reasonableness.

ADVERTISEMENT