ADVERTISEMENT

5 bold predictions for UCF in 2017

For being a local In State reporter Bass loves to push Coaches out to P5 jobs, he did the same thing with Taggart Months before the Oregon job opened acting almost like his PR Agent to the Nation. Maybe it's just me but it rubs me the wrong way when the local reporters do it, leave it to National guys that are ignorant about UCF to have our coaches bags packed before Season 2 even kicks off.

For being a local In State reporter Bass loves to push Coaches out to P5 jobs, he did the same thing with Taggart Months before the Oregon job opened acting almost like his PR Agent to the Nation. Maybe it's just me but it rubs me the wrong way when the local reporters do it, leave it to National guys that are ignorant about UCF to have our coaches bags packed before Season 2 even kicks off.
Such a contrast with AAC hoops coaches with established reps who aren't going anywhere else!

Reactions: UCFhonors
And a lot of recruits follow his account since he contributes part time to the 247 site so he's basically potentially hurting recruiting for his Alma Mater by pushing that narrative. Juan is probably like cmon man

Could you imagine how this board would blow up if #1 came true?

If that video is accurate, there is no question he will be in the mix to start. Some kids are late bloomers. Glad to have him on the roster for one more year, start or not.

Reactions: Mikesi
It's Dinovos destiny to be great this year! It has the potential to be stuff movies are made of!

The Back Up QBs at UCF have it made. The message board fans love you and you never have to prove a thing in an actual Football game!

Dinovo is the new Holman
And you get women, because half of them don't know or care if you're the starter or not.

That article was actually quite interesting and entertaining. Thanks

And a lot of recruits follow his account since he contributes part time to the 247 site so he's basically potentially hurting recruiting for his Alma Mater by pushing that narrative. Juan is probably like cmon man

That article will have no added effect on recruits since he wrote what every HC and staff is already telling every UCF prospect they're trying to steal from us.

Reactions: Miltonian
That article will have no added effect on recruits since he wrote what every HC and staff is already telling every UCF prospect they're trying to steal from us.

This. The notion that a reporter is reporting and giving his *gasps* opinion is causing us harm on recruiting is nuts. His opinion/logic is due to trended facts. We know the game. Great coaches outside the Power 5 often get plucked away after just a couple of years. Bass sharing that obvious fact isn't a detriment. They run parallel.

Reactions: Miltonian
This. The notion that a reporter is reporting and giving his *gasps* opinion is causing us harm on recruiting is nuts. His opinion/logic is due to trended facts. We know the game. Great coaches outside the Power 5 often get plucked away after just a couple of years. Bass sharing that obvious fact isn't a detriment. They run parallel.
meh it's clickbait. He's a Knight but he goes crazy with the coaching carousel stuff

Agreed but to make the connection that it causes us to lose recruits is silly. They're not connected in any way.
on that topic though I think there's a chance Frost stays a lot longer than most think, it's not a situation where he's unhappy and looking for that 1st ticket out..it's the opposite from all accounts he loves living here

on that topic though I think there's a chance Frost stays a lot longer than most think, it's not a situation where he's unhappy and looking for that 1st ticket out..it's the opposite from all accounts he loves living here
Don't tell the Nebraska fans on the other boards this. They are convinced that nothing can stop his move back there. Just saying so might get you a ban.

Bass is a very good reporter and great on camera but he's not a very good writer, never has, and his opinion pieces always fall flat. Should stick to on camera work and breaking news.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
Bass is a very good reporter and great on camera but he's not a very good writer, never has, and his opinion pieces always fall flat. Should stick to on camera work and breaking news.
Agreed, think he was just trying to reach on this. Emphasis on the BOLD

Coaches do not take promotions because they are unhappy with their current situation. Money and the potential to win a championship supersedes. Someone with a passion to win it all will do whatever it takes to get there. Whether its a realistic chance or not, even the lowest of the low P5 programs offers a seat at the table that the G5 cannot. If Frost succeeds and puts him on the hot list, and UCF is not in position to join P5 he will be gone. Nebraska just also adds to the allure with him being from Nebraska and having a storied history as a player at Nebraska.

Such a contrast with AAC hoops coaches with established reps who aren't going anywhere else!

That's because UCF is in a Major Conference in Basketball. The coaches are getting top $$$ and some of the top facilities.

Reactions: UCFProf
Coaches do not take promotions because they are unhappy with their current situation. Money and the potential to win a championship supersedes. Someone with a passion to win it all will do whatever it takes to get there. Whether its a realistic chance or not, even the lowest of the low P5 programs offers a seat at the table that the G5 cannot. If Frost succeeds and puts him on the hot list, and UCF is not in position to join P5 he will be gone. Nebraska just also adds to the allure with him being from Nebraska and having a storied history as a player at Nebraska.
Somehow, I get the feeling that in 5-10 years max, UCF will be a much better coaching gig than Nebraska. Nebraska seems to be headed towards the abyss of lower tier P5 schools mainly due to its location and being so isolated. The local talent isn't there and recruits aren't always excited to leave places like Florida, California, and Texas to go there in the post Tom Osbourne ERA.

They have been unranked for 3 years and haven't been in the top 10 since 2001. I just dont see them making the playoffs

Last edited:
Somehow, I get the feeling that in 5-10 years max, UCF will be a much better coaching gig than Nebraska. Nebraska seems to be headed towards the abyss of lower tier P6 schools mainly due to its location and being so isolated. The local talent isn't there and recruits aren't always excited to leave places like Florida, California, and Texas to go there in the post Tom Osbourne ERA.

They have been unranked for 3 years and haven't been in the top 10 since 2001. I just dont see them making the playoffs

FIFY

Either support this team and conference or stop posting. Everyone is sick of this self-deprecating conference talk. POWER 6. P6. #UCFacts

FIFY

Either support this team and conference or stop posting. Everyone is sick of this self-deprecating conference talk. POWER 6. P6. #UCFacts
not.jpg

dog-confused-huh-150x150.jpg

Frost has shown himself selective in the past, not jumping at the first offer of higher $'s and stature. Still, he'd be unlikely to turn down an offer from a winning P5 program like Auburn, Wisconsin, Clemson, USC, or Oklahoma (let alone Michigan, Bama, or Ohio State)

Reactions: Mikesi
ADVERTISEMENT