ADVERTISEMENT

5th in recruiting?

KnightsofGroveland

Five-Star Recruit
Jan 30, 2015
I don't really follow recruiting, but I was really surprised to see us at 5th in the conference. I absolutely know that # of stars next to your name does not necessarily translate to on field performance, but still...with the way the last 2 years have gone and our national presence, shouldn't we bet at the top?

Reactions: Knight Strength
I'm trying to learn a bit more about this too. One thing that skews this is the number of recruits we have committed. Regardless of the recruits star rating, having 20 recruits verbally comitted will rank one class above a class with 17 commits.

The ratings do factor into this ranking...or you could look at the class rank average to compare.

Reactions: Knight_Light
I'm trying to learn a bit more about this too. One thing that skews this is the number of recruits we have committed. Regardless of the recruits star rating, having 20 recruits verbally comitted will rank one class above a class with 17 commits.

The ratings do factor into this ranking...or you could look at the class rank average to compare.

Correct...you get bonus pt per "verbal" commitment...hence why a larger class (overall lower ranked players) can be ranked ahead of a smaller class (with overall higher ranked players on average).

Also, classes are rarely ever reranked once ADMISSION starts in Jan or June/August...so it almost doesn't even matter (on paper) if those commits/signees ever make it to campus. (Just that fans/opposing teams will see holes in your depth in 2-3 years).

Heupel and Shannon have a "system" and if they can find players to fit that system...I'm good.

We're #2 if you look at 247 rankings. I'd wait till signing day before I make any judgments but I feel like we should have a top 50 class.

ADVERTISEMENT