ADVERTISEMENT

6-7 and Gus and JRP still keep praising each other like they went undefeated

Oldest Man

Silver Knight
Oct 19, 2001
Enough of these 2 already. At the Press Conference, Q for Gus - What do you need to do to finish?.....A by Gus - You've got to finish...no shit sherlock. It's time this guy focuses on being the CEO and brings in an OC and DC who individually take responsibility for their side of the ball. Right now, no one is accountable on this coaching staff. As for JRP, "this is all I've ever wanted to do"...that's nice to know but as the QB, it's all about the team and winning right? Then why, when you're asked, is it always about JRP? Like I've been saying since the Baylor game, changes need to be made at the coaching/leadership level of the FB program. Alarm bells have been sounding for more than half the season. And like I wrote earlier in this post, enough of these 2. Coach up the team and prepare all the players to play a full 60 minutes every game. It's not about Gus and JRP (or their equivalents next year). It's about the UCF FB program for goodness sake. Bring in players and coaches who will focus on this team winning. If you want a great example of that look at Jason Johnson and follow his lead. He plays hard every play, no time off. Give me 22 of him for starters.

gus was better at the beginning of his auburn career and his first year at ucf will be the best we ever see from him. he'll sell the program to recruits and glad-hand with the boosters because he's a used car salesman, but gameday? you're having a laugh.

Don’t worry guys, “ Help is on the way “. Fox Mom needs to take a back seat. She’s not an athlete. I wish Stephen Leonard would stop retweeting her. No one cares about her.

Agreed. It’s very weird and I’m over it. If there aren’t big changes in the offseason and during the season, then our program will be mid until he leaves. I don’t see anything that makes me think we’ll take the next step.
It'll take a step but in the wrong direction.

It starts with Cartwright and Mohajir.

Gus will be here for a few more years going 7-5 & 8-4 and 10 years if he can contend for B12 championships.

Charge On!!

It starts with Cartwright and Mohajir.

Gus will be here for a few more years going 7-5 & 8-4 and 10 years if he can contend for B12 championships.

Charge On!!
Cartwright and Mohajir have already shown that they don't have a clue by signing Gus to an extension. So now, and in the foreseeable future it starts and ends with Gus. If he doesn't up his game, we'll be lucky to get to the victory levels you identify for the next few years. And that's unacceptable for a program that, to quote Gus, "This is one of the top 20 coaching jobs in all of college football," and "When this opportunity came, I was ready. I really believe they're getting the best Gus Malzahn of any time in my career." Well, it's time for Gus not only to talk the talk but to also walk the walk.

Last edited:
Reactions: CBlackwellRN
Cartwright and Mohajir have already shown that they don't have a clue by signing Gus to an extension. So now, and in the foreseeable future it starts and ends with Gus. If he doesn't up his game, we'll lucky to get to the victory levels you identify for the next few years. And that's unacceptable for a program that, to quote Gus, "This is one of the top 20 coaching jobs in all of college football," and "When this opportunity came, I was ready. I really believe they're getting the best Gus Malzahn of any time in my career." Well, it's time for Gus not only to talk the talk but to also walk the walk.
Michigan was reluctant to extend Harbaugh. How did that turn out? I'd say that extension turned out pretty good.

Michigan was reluctant to extend Harbaugh. How did that turn out? I'd say that extension turned out pretty good.
What does Harbaugh have to do with Gus? You can't compare the two....Harbaugh was being considered for HC by multiple NFL teams even with his suspension. He's obviously a hot commodity. Gus isn't. And there's a reason for that.....

Last edited:
Reactions: Guinness_Knight
I e lost patience with the team. They are pussies on defense, getting manhandled like usf. On offense we showboat when we race out to any lead and then we get reeled in when we stop scoring.

Reactions: UCFsbarro
could be it’s own thread but it is also noticeable how the media perception of UCF is changing ..Trace is the only guy in the UCF bubble that actually raises concerns occasionally , the rest of them continue to carry water for Gus. Outside of our useless local media UCF is now getting trolled and mocked & viewed as unserious

I e lost patience with the team. They are pussies on defense, getting manhandled like usf. On offense we showboat when we race out to any lead and then we get reeled in when we stop scoring.
Hunter was flexing on D like he was Superman after a play. Yes he stopped that play for a yard gain, but he must have forgot about the 240 that came before that. What a joke….

I’m not a Dieon fan but if he was our coach we’d have a top 10 class. Plus our QB situation would be better and our O line is better than Colorados. Gus I s not our best option. He’s probably really low on list of difference making coaches.
Deon? Really? He's all hype and NOT an X and O's coach. He couldn't stop the bleeding on that disastrous run CU had. Airs his dirty laundry in public. Players are finally tuning out his bull$hit. BTW, Deon didn't have a top 10 class, more like #21.

Reactions: Robert0122
most praised QB that has accomplished nothing but make UCF his personal intramural 2 sport pastime

but guys like the 247 guy Stephan think he was Drew Brees. He is no Juan T, that site deserves better.

I am pretty sure Mikey Keene would be no worse than 6-7
Keene would have been 7-5 at worst regular season.

Villanova
Boise State (common opponent and Keene beat them with FS supporting cast)
Kent State (Keene beat them)
Baylor
Cincinnati (Keene beat them last year)
Houston (game wasn’t close)
Oklahoma State (no QB would have made the difference in a 42 point blowout).

Deon? Really? He's all hype and NOT an X and O's coach. He couldn't stop the bleeding on that disastrous run CU had. Airs his dirty laundry in public. Players are finally tuning out his bull$hit. BTW, Deon didn't have a top 10 class, more like #21.
I know. It’s Colorado. That’s not in Florida. If he was recruiting in Florida it would be way different. There are 50 other guys that can recruit better than Gus for us. At least half of them would be huge upgrades in Gameday Coaching. We are getting fed table scraps and being told it’s 4 Star Restaurant entree. The amount of people that are happy with him is astounding.

I know. It’s Colorado. That’s not in Florida. If he was recruiting in Florida it would be way different. There are 50 other guys that can recruit better than Gus for us. At least half of them would be huge upgrades in Gameday Coaching. We are getting fed table scraps and being told it’s 4 Star Restaurant entree. The amount of people that are happy with him is astounding.
He spoke with USF . Derrick Brooks got involved so he listened but confirmed in an interview that he turned them down bc they were in the American. he would have picked a Florida program w a Big12 tag. but with his transfer balance strategy who knows if that works at Colorado

But back to Gus I have always said the best way to view if he is the right guy for your Program is how fans of Programs that hate us and want us the fail view him. And in that regard I am seeing a lot of fans say ‘I hope they keep Gus forever’ .

P
Agreed. It’s very weird and I’m over it. If there aren’t big changes in the offseason and during the season, then our program will be mid until he leaves. I don’t see anything that makes me think we’ll take the next step.
We're going to take more arse whoopins- next year again if the offensive and defensive lines are this bad. Honestly, I don't see much changing.

Reactions: lawknight and Yaes
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT