ADVERTISEMENT

8 minutes to go in the game up six points

Stormthecourt?

Golden Knight
Jan 19, 2012
And we hike the ball with 30 seconds left on the play clock. Game would be over if we drained the clock on a couple of those first downs

8 minutes was an eternity in that game. A one score game with the defense constantly giving up scoring drives in less than 3 minutes. I don’t disagree with going with the normal gameplan at that point

Reactions: BlakNGoldAllDay
8 minutes? So take 40 seconds times 4 plays. That still leaves 5 and a half minutes. We used clock with less time and it killed us. We didn’t have time or timeouts when we needed them because of stalling and going 3 and out.

Our offense works when it goes fast. In a one score game I generally wouldn't change strategy, go conservative, or make any other changes. Unfortunately this style also sends our D back out there fast.

So does 3 and out when you hand off.

Up 21 points you can burn 4 minutes of clock between two drives just handing the ball off and allowing your young secondary rest. That's with never getting a first down, how can a team with so many offensive weapons can't figure out how to get a first down without snapping the ball every few seconds.

Reactions: SimpleJack53
Up 21 points you can burn 4 minutes of clock between two drives just handing the ball off and allowing your young secondary rest. That's with never getting a first down, how can a team with so many offensive weapons can't figure out how to get a first down without snapping the ball every few seconds.
You think 2 minutes rest on 2 consecutive drives while losing field position battle and not scoring points helps? No. We needed points. They were getting beat anyway. Use more backups to give rest. Use walk ons. Get rest somehow without sacrificing points.

You think 2 minutes rest on 2 consecutive drives while losing field position battle and not scoring points helps? No. We needed points. They were getting beat anyway. Use more backups to give rest. Use walk ons. Get rest somehow without sacrificing points.

First 5 drives, defense forced one fumble and 3 punts. 7 points.

First 10 drives against Tulsa, 3 points.

Defense seems pretty good when they aren't gassed to me.

Or coaches study iPads and see what our defense is doing and changes. It’s a chess match, not a marathon. If being tired is the reason, put in 3rd string guys more to give starters rest. Going to score anyway. May as well give rest.

Its on the coaches, they have to solve this puzzle. We need a heavy package. Else we should have just ran our offense and answered with score. A 3 and out in the forth up by 5pts is exaclty what the other team needed. We had 2 punts all night. No reason we switched to "prevent" offense.

Hats off to Memphis they came out going for it all night long. They went for it on 4th down at their own 18yd line in the 1st half. They put it all out on the line and never gave up.

Reactions: Knight Strength
I’d Rather lose this game to Memphis no matter how we lost than any other Memphis game over the past three years not to mention the last 13!!! Make a FG and we are ranked again and in control of our destiny...I guess the sky is falling now....I guess it’s a good time as fans to make a GKC donation since that is all us members of Knight Nation has control over and Of course message board posts...Charge On.....JWB!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT