ADVERTISEMENT

8 Semifinalists for next UCF President

• Venu Govindaraju, Ph.D., vice president for research and economic development, University of Buffalo
That guy sounds straight up white

Why are you bringing race into this. What difference does it make if he or she is white? That was a very racist and offensive comment. I don't care what race or sex we choose. I just want the best candidate. Period.
Nowadays you have to at least interview diverse people for positions like this. Call it the real life Rooney rule

Would a transgender Eskimo satiate your diversity reqs
Those aren't my requirements. I was just commenting on the current political climate. But yes, if he/she had a PHD and a polar bear friend that was taken to meetings with the P5 to intimidate them ibto letting us in, it would work.

Those aren't my requirements. I was just commenting on the current political climate. But yes, if he/she had a PHD and a polar bear friend that was taken to meetings with the P5 to intimidate them ibto letting us in, it would work.
Yea I know I’m messing with you. Maybe not a polar bear, but man eating penguins instead

Reactions: Happy Hands
would this guy be interested?
giphy.gif

Why wouldn't they just promote the vice president? He's seen how it's done.

The "Peter Principle" would say that is probably a bad idea. I have no idea what the VP's resume looks like, but unless he has been the president of an educational institution of some sort in the past, I doubt you want him running the second largest university in the nation.

Wilson and Kennedy both have experience running a university, not just a department. Kennedy has the political experience to help UCF in Tallahassee and Wilson worked in Orlando when he first got out of law school. The other guys are engineers. It will be interesting.

Last edited:
Reactions: Poolside Knight
The "Peter Principle" would say that is probably a bad idea. I have no idea what the VP's resume looks like, but unless he has been the president of an educational institution of some sort in the past, I doubt you want him running the second largest university in the nation.

Wilson and Kennedy both have experience running a university, not just a department. Kennedy has the political experience to help UCF in Tallahassee and Wilson worked in Orlando when he first got out of law school. The other guys are engineers. It will be interesting.
Hiring an electrical engineer, like UF did, to run a university seems like an odd decision

Any danger in hiring the UNC guy after their academic fraud issue? I'm sure it will be well vetted.

Reactions: Flem3000
Hiring an electrical engineer, like UF did, to run a university seems like an odd decision

Hiring Fuchs was certainly a gamble. And the jury is still out on him. It is very early in his tenure. Time will tell if he knows what he is doing. He hasn't made any huge mistakes, but he hasn't made any great strides either. So far he is just continuing what Machen started.

Go with the dude from Oklahoma. That plus Heupel's sister married to Boren's son should get us some votes for the Big XII.

So 1/2 of Oklahoma's vote against the rest of the Big 12? Well at least it's 1/2 a vote more than we had before.

No to Mark Kennedy- and any other politicians- just would rather someone in the university environment and not some useless ex-politician like mentioned above. Was really afraid someone was taking the Orlando mayor seriously as a candidate.

Bring in Matthew Wilson and see an emphasis in UCF's Law program. What the hell.

I'm just hoping for someone who will emphasize the education and yet be open to the sports side and DW, and not some boob who fails to see that side of things.

Reactions: G8RLegist
No to Mark Kennedy- and any other politicians- just would rather someone in the university environment and not some useless ex-politician like mentioned above. Was really afraid someone was taking the Orlando mayor seriously as a candidate.

Bring in Matthew Wilson and see an emphasis in UCF's Law program. What the hell.

I'm just hoping for someone who will emphasize the education and yet be open to the sports side and DW, and not some boob who fails to see that side of things.
Last time I saw Hitt he said we have no shot at a law school with two already in Orlando

Last edited:
Why are you bringing race into this. What difference does it make if he or she is white? That was a very racist and offensive comment. I don't care what race or sex we choose. I just want the best candidate. Period.

Agreed. Doesn't matter to me. White, black, yellow, male, female.....have them all interview behind a curtain and pick the best one based on credentials, past performance, and leadership.

Agreed. Doesn't matter to me. White, black, yellow, male, female.....have them all interview behind a curtain and pick the best one based on credentials, past performance, and leadership.
I do want a Pres that sees the need for sports. UM President Shalala was terrible.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT