ADVERTISEMENT

8 Team Playoff with G5 Access vs. P5 Invite for UCF

Would you rather join the cartel, or be the force for change?

• UCF invited to join the P5 Cartel.

• Playoff expanded and be contractually obligated to invite the top G5 school.

Results are only viewable after voting.

GoldenFunk

Bronze Knight
Gold Member
Aug 15, 2009
Personally, I don't want the invite from the P5 if it leaves the system intact. The system is ridiculous, and I'm proud that my Alma Mater had the courage to speak up.

Reactions: GoKnights2003
Ideally it would be good for all FBS programs to have a chance at the title. It will probably improve fan bases across the board. Look at what March Madness has done to Butler and Creighton. Creighton has taken over as the most successful program in the state of Nebraska. :)

That said, if UCF joins the cartel it would be interesting to say the least. There would be a parallel of major programs juxtaposed with each other only to meet possibly in a bowl game.

Reactions: SurfaceWarrior
I understand what you mean. Joining the P5 would be incredible for our university, Marc Daniels always throws around a 30-40 million dollar per year number. I'm not sure if that is exactly right but I've heard him say something about it a few times. The best system would be include all conference champions and enough P5 at large's to round out the number. Maybe a 16 team playoff or something.

Reactions: GoKnights2003
If we could only have one, I'd rather it be an open playoff. 12 would be ideal, with all conf champs, but I'd even take 8 if they picked a non-biased computer ranking and took the top 6-7 conference champs plus 1-2 at-large.
This is probably the righteousness of the recent events talking though. Ask me again after an 8-5 season and the P5 option will sound mighty good.

Whichever makes us the most money.
As a fan, what do you care about how much UCF gets from their conference?
I'm not saying P5 isn't a good answer. As a fan, an SEC invite means we replace USF with Florida and Houston/Memphis with Georgia and Alabama. I'd rather see UCF play those games. Bigger opposing fan bases just means more fun.
However, we have a history with those teams, it's not centuries old, but neither am I. Plus, I think I'd always have sort of survivor's guilt. If Houston had a great year and got bent over like we did this year.
It's not an easy answer.

As a fan, what do you care about how much UCF gets from their conference?
I'm not saying P5 isn't a good answer. As a fan, an SEC invite means we replace USF with Florida and Houston/Memphis with Georgia and Alabama. I'd rather see UCF play those games. Bigger opposing fan bases just means more fun.
However, we have a history with those teams, it's not centuries old, but neither am I. Plus, I think I'd always have sort of survivor's guilt. If Houston had a great year and got bent over like we did this year.
It's not an easy answer.
I couldn't imagine hearing SEC fan's shit week after week. Either we are too rowdy or not historically strong enough or every week will be our super bowl while they weren't motivated. They're assholes.

I couldn't imagine hearing SEC fan's shit week after week. Either we are too rowdy or not historically strong enough or every week will be our super bowl while they weren't motivated. They're assholes.
I would prefer the ACC. But that is probably because I live in North Carolina and I would love the short drive to all those away games.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT