ADVERTISEMENT

80% of black Americans want the same or more policing in their communities

UCFKnight85

GOL's Inner Circle
Gold Member
May 6, 2003
Because the vocal woke white people can hide in the subs while the inner cities are in a violent mess with no commerce.
They see a different problem than the people who actually live there, thanks to the media.

Because the vocal woke white people can hide in the subs while the inner cities are in a violent mess with no commerce.

Right. The black community leaders in Chicago are desperate for more policing and they've said so on record, yet the wealthy liberals who run the city are marching on to defund CPD anyways.

There's an incredibly alarming disconnect. This movement hiding behind the BLM flag is troubling.

There's an incredibly alarming disconnect. This movement hiding behind the BLM flag is troubling.
Right or wrong, it’s the time-honored way that the dominant white culture has been able to ignore clear evidence of systemic racism. If the movement is “Marxist,” then I’m allowed to excuse blatant examples of Black lives ’not mattering’ when it pertains to actions by the police.

Right or wrong, it’s the time-honored way that the dominant white culture has been able to ignore clear evidence of systemic racism. If the movement is “Marxist,” then I’m allowed to excuse blatant examples of Black lives ’not mattering’ when it pertains to actions by the police.

Ok so you specifically mention actions by the police. I think you can even get the "dominant white culture" onboard with an honest conversation on how to REFORM policing for the better. This is something almost everyone can get behind.

Help me with this.

Afro-Cuban man makes it to America at 18 and opens La Bodeguita de Mima. He's located in a gentrifying neighborhood and is targeted by protesters with a list of demands. Claims he's told he "better put the letter on the door so your business is not f*cked with." The restaurant remained closed the next two days because "management and staff were concerned about safety," according to the release. "30+ staff members (mostly immigrants) were unable to earn a paycheck."

Martinez gave a passionate speech and talked about how his restaurant is open to everybody. At one point, he said, “How can I be called a bigot and a racist when my family is Black? When my son is gay? I’m the proud father of a gay son, and I’m gonna fight for him against anybody.”

Sadiqa Reynolds, the president and CEO of the Louisville Urban League, took to Facebook to say that she will no longer eat at the restaurant and wonders why “any human, other than a racist, would choose this time to tell us how little our lives matter.”

See the list of demands and the attached contract in the link below.

https://www.courier-journal.com/sto...ally-support-la-bodeguita-de-mima/5562669002/

This is not isolated. If you want to argue that the "dominant white culture" needs to fight through noise like this and still be committed to just progress then fine, make that argument. But don't pretend there's a Marxist strawman being created here. There are clearly factions that have formed. One that genuinely believes this is a time to make real and meaningful progress that's long overdue while remaining relatively within our current societal framework and another faction that legit wants radical change, change that the masses simply do not want.

African Americans are pretty conservative. As soon as the Republican party stops courting racists, maybe African Americans will join?

Ok so you specifically mention actions by the police. I think you can even get the "dominant white culture" onboard with an honest conversation on how to REFORM policing for the better. This is something almost everyone can get behind.

Help me with this.

Afro-Cuban man makes it to America at 18 and opens La Bodeguita de Mima. He's located in a gentrifying neighborhood and is targeted by protesters with a list of demands. Claims he's told he "better put the letter on the door so your business is not f*cked with." The restaurant remained closed the next two days because "management and staff were concerned about safety," according to the release. "30+ staff members (mostly immigrants) were unable to earn a paycheck."

Martinez gave a passionate speech and talked about how his restaurant is open to everybody. At one point, he said, “How can I be called a bigot and a racist when my family is Black? When my son is gay? I’m the proud father of a gay son, and I’m gonna fight for him against anybody.”

Sadiqa Reynolds, the president and CEO of the Louisville Urban League, took to Facebook to say that she will no longer eat at the restaurant and wonders why “any human, other than a racist, would choose this time to tell us how little our lives matter.”

See the list of demands and the attached contract in the link below.

https://www.courier-journal.com/sto...ally-support-la-bodeguita-de-mima/5562669002/

This is not isolated. If you want to argue that the "dominant white culture" needs to fight through noise like this and still be committed to just progress then fine, make that argument. But don't pretend there's a Marxist strawman being created here. There are clearly factions that have formed. One that genuinely believes this is a time to make real and meaningful progress that's long overdue while remaining relatively within our current societal framework and another faction that legit wants radical change, change that the masses simply do not want.

He's conflating the original message with the political structure of the organization. I can say black lives matter but at the same time stand against black lives matter and it has nothing to do with race

Reactions: ChrisKnight06
If the dems had nominated a charismatic candidate that african Americans were excited to go vote for like Obama, there's no way that BLM and the Floyd death would have gotten this much attention. Trump was polling well with minorities and that's a death knell for democrats. The play is obvious. They need to get the black vote back to the 2008 and 2012 levels so with Biden being the candidate they are relying on the anti-vote.

But everyone doesn’t get behind it because America’s Chud racist crowd can point to your Afro-Cuban restaurant owner example and say, “See? This Black lives matter movement is REALLY all about Marxism” — which is bullshit.

Look, I’m not ignoring the extortion you’ve pointed out in your example. But most BLM detractors want to use examples like yours to invalidate Floyd’s death. The protests across the country were about police violence and involved thousands of people of all colors and backgrounds.

Your example involved a few political extremists coopting the name for their own agenda. Sadly, it conveniently gives mainstream America an excuse for not giving a shit about the real issue of police violence against Blacks.

But everyone doesn’t get behind it because America’s Chud racist crowd can point to your Afro-Cuban restaurant owner example and say, “See? This Black lives matter movement is REALLY all about Marxism” — which is bullshit.

Look, I’m not ignoring the extortion you’ve pointed out in your example. But most BLM detractors want to use examples like yours to invalidate Floyd’s death. The protests across the country were about police violence and involved thousands of people of all colors and backgrounds.

Your example involved a few political extremists coopting the name for their own agenda. Sadly, it conveniently gives mainstream America an excuse for not giving a shit about the real issue of police violence against Blacks.

There is nothing better than a white Woke Shookster lecturing a black man on about what being black in America is really like.

He has the scoop folks! He’s from Nebraska!

We should create a drinking game triggered by all the “WTF?” moments Crazyhole gives us. :)
What happened in 2016? Minorities stayed home and Trump won because 80,000 minorities that showed up last time, didn't. Trump was doing better with African americans than we've seen in quite a few years for a republican.

There is nothing better than a white Woke Shookster lecturing a black man on about what being black in America is really like.
I’ve always found it interesting to engage ChrisKnight06 in discussions because he doesn’t play stupid games like most do here.

On the other hand, I could count on you to agree with me if I wore a blue uniform and told you I shot Chris because I “feared for my life.”

I’ve always found it interesting to engage ChrisKnight06 in discussions because he doesn’t play stupid games like most do here.

On the other hand, I could count on you to agree with me if I wore a blue uniform and told you I shot Chris because I “feared for my life.”
Wow.

He and I have met, I'm sure he doesn't consider me one of the scary black guys lol

Reactions: DaShuckster

I do hear what you're saying. I similarly push-back when I hear people say something along the lines of, "fake race card claims will cause people to be racist". I guess the question is how many nuanced @sk8knight 's etc of the world exist that see the diff vs those who do what you say.

This one is just particularly troubling to me b/c I genuinely think opportunists took advantage of real, raw anger and deeply rooted wounds, saw the opening they've been waiting for and jumped in. I also fear it's pretty widespread and organized.

Nutjobs gonna nutjob

Does not matter, 90% will vote for the far left that want to defund the police..

Does not matter, 90% will vote for the far left that want to defund the police..
Not necessarily. It won't be a huge shift this cycle but it could be the beginning of a movement towards the right. The media may want to diminish it, but there is more excitement from the black community for trump than there has been for a republican candidate in 2 generations. That might only mean 13%, but thats a pretty big shift from 20 years ago.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT