ADVERTISEMENT

A Mass Shooter's 'Motive'

DaShuckster

Diamond Knight
Nov 30, 2003
Obviously, these non-stop mass shootings are sickening enough on their own. But the immediate media reactions to them are beyond asinine. We always hear the same news reporters say the same damn thing in their aftermath:
"No word yet on the shooter's motive."

THE SHOOTER'S "MOTIVE"??!? WTF??!? The latest Mass Shooter-of-the-Day has just mowed down a whole bunch of innocent people in cold blood so his 'motive' is really important for all of us to get to the bottom of ASAP so we can understand why this tragedy occurred??? Really???

Hey, here's a wild thought: Maybe these shooters are all ****ING CRAZY!!!!

Last edited:
Obviously, these non-stop mass shootings are sickening enough on their own. But the immediate media reactions to them are beyond asinine. We always hear the same news reporters say the same damn thing in their aftermath:

THE SHOOTER'S "MOTIVE"??!? WTF??!? The latest Mass Shooter-of-the-Day has just mowed down a whole bunch of innocent people in cold blood so his 'motive' is really important for all of us to get to the bottom of ASAP so we can understand why this tragedy occurred??? Really???

It’s just the same old tune

1) Mass murder
2) Politicians scream “things need to change!!!”
3) One month goes by and nothing happens
4) Rinse, repeat

Crazy/Angry people + easy access to guns = mass murders

it is a uniquely American problem that we are too arrogant to address bc of some old piece of paper
I've had this discussion a million times here and on my team's old political board. On the rare occasion where I was able to drill all the way down to the underlying fear of our Gun Rights' advocates, I got this:

"If we restricted gun ownership, how could we stop our liberal government from taking over this country by force???!?"

I wish I had a dollar for everytime I was told during Obama's eight-year Presidential tenure that he'd refuse to leave office and would continue on as a dictator unless our gun-toting Joe Blows were there to stop him.

The irony of those comments didn't escape me during the Capitol riot on January 6th.

Reactions: NinjaKnight
and because of the MAGA republicans
I've had this discussion a million times here and on my team's old political board.
it is a uniquely American problem that we are too arrogant to address bc of some old piece of paper

Not being influenced by either party's platform, but trying to understand root cause, I ask the basic question of:

If guns were as easy to obtain 50, 100+ years ago as they still are now, why are mass shooting events becoming more frequent? Is it getting easier to obtain guns? (I don't think it is)... What are the correlated variables of increased mass shooting frequency? These cowardly acts really piss me off.

Not being influenced by either party's platform, but trying to understand root cause...
We know, we know, you're SUCH a impartial guy at heart. :rolleyes:
I ask the basic question of:

If guns were as easy to obtain 50, 100+ years ago as they still are now, why are mass shooting events becoming more frequent?
The weapon most often being used by these angry psychos was invented in the late 1950s and became standard issue for our military during the Vietnam War.
Is it getting easier to obtain guns? (I don't think it is)...
There are over 400 million guns in the United States today. By contrast, our entire population is 332 million. I'd deduce from that statistic that the answer to your question is YES.
What are the correlated variables of increased mass shooting frequency?
WTF? Correlated variables?

Yeah, it's really hard to figure this sh*t out
. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Ucfmikes

Lol. We have a new WC village idiot. There are too many violent, crazy, people with access to guns. The only solution is quick capital punishment and removing guns. This is NEVER GOING AWAY. You can’t educate and rehabilitate everyone and guns aren’t going away

We know, we know, you're SUCH a impartial guy at heart. :rolleyes:

The weapon most often being used by these angry psychos was invented in the late 1950s and became standard issue for our military during the Vietnam War.

There are over 400 million guns in the United States today. By contrast, our entire population is 332 million. I'd deduce from that statistic that the answer to your question is YES.

You're missing the deeper issue question / point...

Why are kids going crazy? What is causing this? Social media, video games, softening parental culture?

Lol. We have a new WC village idiot. There are too many violent, crazy, people with access to guns. The only solution is quick capital punishment and removing guns. This is NEVER GOING AWAY. You can’t educate and rehabilitate everyone and guns aren’t going away
Sticks and stones dweeb 😂

Seriously, if the underlying problem/cause isn't fugured out and acted on, other means will be adapted, like vehicles.

I'm normally pro punishment, but that's after the fact and doesn't prevent psychos... Let's think more upstream.

Sticks and stones dweeb 😂

Seriously, if the underlying problem/cause isn't fugured out and acted on, other means will be adapted, like vehicles.

I'm normally pro punishment, but that's after the fact and doesn't prevent psychos... Let's think more upstream.
WTF does this even mean? Have a take Village Idiot

WTF does this even mean? Have a take Village Idiot
😂... Take UCF out of your name because your lack of reading ability and/or knowledge retention makes the rest of the University look bad... I've said this multiple times ad nauseum, ask 'shuck:

Culture is getting progressively soft, participation medals condition children to expect success and awards regardless of results, kids aren't taught to cope with failure, unfiltered video games normalizes violence and explicit lyrics in some genres of music glorifies shooting, violence, drugs, lewd behavior.

😂... Take UCF out of your name because your lack of reading ability and/or knowledge retention makes the rest of the University look bad... Shuck knows my take I've said this multiple times ad nauseum, ask 'shuck:

Culture is getting progressively soft, participation medals condition children to expect success and awards regardless of results, kids aren't taught to cope with failure, unfiltered video games normalizes violence and explicit lyrics in some genres of music glorifies shooting, violence, drugs, lewd behavior.
Keep the FloridaTech in your name, because your views and takes are as antiquated as that name, village idiot 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Culture is getting progressively soft, participation medals condition children to expect success and awards regardless of results, kids aren't taught to cope with failure, unfiltered video games normalizes violence and explicit lyrics in some genres of music glorifies shooting, violence, drugs, lewd behavior
Hahahahaha!!!! An illiterate that doesn’t understand basic and proper grammar is lecturing to me about my reading and writing ability. You’re pathetic

Keep the FloridaTech in your name, because your views and takes are as antiquated as that name, village idiot 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
😂 nice response... Sticks and stones, dweeb 😂

Log off, grab lunch, then come back with some educated / logical contributions... I'll check in later tonight/tomorrow.

Hope more thought then echo chamber "take guns away" is shared by the group. There's more to it... And I'm not even an uber gun advocate, but the 1 off knee jerk reactions are how people, businesses, society fails. Do better with diverse, collective input.

😂 nice response... Sticks and stones, dweeb 😂

Log off, grab lunch, then come back with some educated / logical contributions... I'll check in later tonight/tomorrow.

Hope more thought than echo chamber "take guns away" is shared by the group. There's more to it... And I'm not even an uber gun advocate, but the 1 off knee jerk reactions are how people, businesses, society fails. Do better with diverse, collective input.
No take deserves a similar response.

That’s your new nickname. NotakeTech

Correlated variables 😂😂😂😂😂

Dweeb??? Who even uses that term anymore?

images

You're missing the deeper issue question / point...
Yeah, dig REAL DEEP and ask why this mass shooting craziness is taking place almost exclusively in the United States.

I could of sworn social media and video games are universal. We already have concluded that it sure as hell ain't our poliferation of guns. So I'm guessing the answer is that American parents are soft, is that your take too, UCFloridaTech?

No take deserves a similar response.

That’s your new nickname. NotakeTech

Correlated variables 😂😂😂😂😂

Dweeb??? Who even uses that term anymore?

images

😂 Good input Mike, like a new years noise maker 😂 ...thought you would have had some actual content by now.

I'll check back in when some thought provoking points are shared, I enjoy reading other's perspectives. ✌

Yeah, dig REAL DEEP and ask why this mass shooting craziness is taking place almost exclusively in the United States.

I could of sworn social media and video games are universal. We already have concluded that it sure as hell ain't our poliferation of guns. So I'm guessing the answer is that American parents are soft, is that your take too, UCFloridaTech?
"American parents are soft" ...partly, yes. I've seen too many try to be friends with their kids, vs parents.

Just one potential contributor.

Have you found any good reads on the history of some of these maniacs?

I could have sworn social media and video games are universal. We already have concluded that it sure as hell ain't our poliferation of guns. So I'm guessing the answer is that American parents are soft, is that your take too, UCFloridaTech?
It just amazes me how these gun advocates will use every kind of mental gymnastics to get around addressing the real issue

Reactions: DaShuckster
"American parents are soft" ...partly, yes. I've seen too many try to be friends with their kids, vs parents.
Another dumb take. How old was the Mandalay Bay shooter? That mass shooting alone probably resulted in more deaths from mass shootings than every other country that year. It wasn’t our only one either

Well done. You managed to regurgitate every single Fox News talking point in one post.

Humans have tried to kill each other since the dawn of man. Modern weaponry and technology has just made them more efficient at it. It’s not because of violence in movies. Have you ever seen an old western?

Soft culture, but yet some of these softies want guns to shoot up schools. Makes sense.

Participation medals. Yeah, those expectations from the younger generation suck and do produce a sense of entitlement that drives every older generation up a wall. I am not quite sure how that conditions someone to go shoot up a school, however.

Kids aren't taught to cope with failure. How many of these mass shooters checked that box on their psychological profiles? I seem to recall repressed, closeted homosexuality as a Muslim (Pulse shooter) and where other severe cases of mental health were the factor. Every human on the planet deals with failure of some type, however, and 99.9999999999999% of them (regardless of them being soft pussies in your eyes) don't take it out on others via shooting up a school.

Unfiltered video games. The same video games that are sold all around the world? How many countries in which these games are sold have more than one mass school shooting during the course of the year? How many of them have a single one?

Explicit lyrics in some genres. Go ahead and say what you're really thinking here, dude. Christ almighty.

And before you come back screeching that I want to get rid of all guns blah blah blah--I probably own more guns than everyone on this board COMBINED. While I am 100% for upholding the Constitutional right to own one, that doesn't mean that everyone should, because apparently, we have more than a few crazy mother fukers in this country who have no business being in possession of one.

Last edited:
Soft culture, but yet some of these softies want guns to shoot up schools. Makes sense.

Participation medals. Yeah, those expectations from the younger generation suck and do produce a sense of entitlement that drives every older generation up a wall. I am not quite sure how that conditions someone to go shoot up a school, however.

Kids aren't taught to cope with failure. How many of these mass shooters checked that box on their psychological profiles? I seem to recall repressed, closeted homosexuality as a Muslim (Pulse shooter) and where other severe cases of mental health were the factor. Every human on the planet deals with failure of some type, however, and 99.9999999999999% of them (regardless of them being soft pussies in your eyes) don't take it out on others via shooting up a school.

Unfiltered video games. The same video games that are sold all around the world? How many countries in which these games are sold have more than one mass school shooting during the course of the year? How many of them have a single one?

Explicit lyrics in some genres. Go ahead and say what you're really thinking here, dude. Christ almighty.

And before you come back screeching that I want to get rid of all guns blah blah blah--I probably own more guns than everyone on this board COMBINED. While I am 100% for upholding the Constitutional right to own one, that doesn't mean that everyone should, because apparently, we have more than a few crazy mother fukers in this country who have no business being in possession of one.
This: "we have more than a few crazy mother fukers in this country"... Why? That's following the path to root cause(s).

Another dumb take. How old was the Mandalay Bay shooter? That mass shooting alone probably resulted in more deaths from mass shootings than every other country that year. It wasn’t our only one either
Good input... I think in that case, that pyshco was set on acquiring illegal firearms regardless of the rules, sorta like drugs. Somehow that ish makes it into they hands of bad people here.

Humans have tried to kill each other since the dawn of man. Modern weaponry and technology has just made them more efficient at it. It’s not because of violence in movies. Have you ever seen an old western?
"Humans have tried to kill each other since the dawn of man. "

Thumbs up Concur to some degree.

Is it really that much better in the past 30 years though? That's my hang up in settling with just a single corrective action of "ban guns".

This: "we have more than a few crazy mother fukers in this country"... Why? That's following the path to root cause(s).
No clue. Every country has its fair share of crazies who are under all the same deleterious conditions that you presented in your post. I can’t put my finger on it, there has to be some major difference here…

Good input... I think in that case, that pyshco was set on acquiring illegal firearms regardless of the rules, sorta like drugs. Somehow that ish makes it into they hands of bad people here.
He bought his guns legally.

"Humans have tried to kill each other since the dawn of man. "

Thumbs up Concur to some degree.

Is it really that much better in the past 30 years though? That's my hang up in settling with just a single corrective action of "ban guns".
Nobody said to ban guns. You were looking for a root cause. The cause is humans have always wanted to kill each other and in 2023 have access to the most efficient methods of doing so in human history. It doesn’t take big brain thinking to understand.

Imagine being so goddamn stupid you blame video games as the source of the United States gun epidemics.

Yes, the US is the only country with video games.

No other country in the world experiences a mass shooting every few hours because they all ban video games.

It's obviously not the one thing we do differently as a nation: selling guns to anyone with a pulse. It's the video games that every other country has.

Goddamn you people are fúcking dumb.

Imagine being so goddamn stupid you blame video games as the source of the United States gun epidemics.

Yes, the US is the only country with video games.

No other country in the world experiences a mass shooting every few hours because they all ban video games.

It's obviously not the one thing we do differently as a nation: selling guns to anyone with a pulse. It's the video games that every other country has.

Goddamn you people are fúcking dumb.
👆
...upper management written all over him 😁

Good input, delivery could use some work 😂

Yes.. His entire arsenal. Must have been his parenting and those video games. The guy was like 55-60. How old was recent the California shooter?
What's your idea so we're clear
Nobody said to ban guns. You were looking for a root cause. The cause is humans have always wanted to kill each other and in 2023 have access to the most efficient methods of doing so in human history. It doesn’t take big brain thinking to understand.
"The cause is humans have always wanted to kill each other" ...depends on what angle you're coming from.

1) Bigger picture disputes threatening nations leading to wars since our creation, yes I agree.

2) Is it human nature to want to kill others 1 on 1, I disagree. I think we've succeeded as a species due to collaborative genetics. Most people are kind and pleasant in public. Most.

Something or things is/are triggering the psycho paths to lead to this raging.

What's your idea so we're clear

"The cause is humans have always wanted to kill each other" ...depends on what angle you're coming from.

1) Bigger picture disputes threatening nations leading to wars since our creation, yes I agree.

2) Is it human nature to want to kill others 1 on 1, I disagree. I think we've succeeded as a species due to collaborative genetics. Most people are kind and pleasant in public. Most.

Something or things is/are triggering the psycho paths to lead to this raging.
There is no point in human history devoid of psychopaths. The extent of the carnage they can create is correlated to the technological advancements in the tools used to inflict it. Not because of video games.

ADVERTISEMENT