ADVERTISEMENT

A quick check in on Frost

I'm going to add one last comment about Frost's departure. When it was announced that Frost was returning to Nebraska to coach his alma mater, one of UCF's leading contenders for the head coaching job was Troy Walters (UCF's former OC and now OC at Nebraska).

Given the timing, there had to be tremendous pressure on AD Danny White to pick him to insure a smooth transition and have a coaching staff for the Peach Bowl game. But, right or wrong, White showed some real guts by going the unconventional route. He passed on Walters and hired another 'rising star' in the profession, Josh Heupel.

Now, given THIS, and given how close Frost and his staff are with each other, the natural gut reaction of the outgoing coaching staff would be tell White, "Screw you. If some of the key coaches who brought UCF to this point aren't good enough for you to carry on what we started here, LET HEUPEL COACH THE DAMN BOWL GAME!!!"

But instead, everyone involved, Frost, White, and especially Walters, sucked it up and worked together through the transition with a high level of class. This is no small deal when you consider the Type A personalities involved!

But they did it in order to ensure that the Knight players who had just concluded a Cinderella season had a fully committed coaching staff for the biggest game in the program's history.

That's one hell of a story if you ask me.
That’s cool. That’s your point of view

Can’t deny anything you said

It is interesting to hear a non Nebraska Douchebag Troll point of view for once.

Refreshing actually

I don't buy the "back 7" part of that. The linebackers are thin but the secondary will be one of the better groups in the B1G.
Lots of new faces. Apparently young too

The defensive line can hide a lot of secondary mistakes

We are looking for the opposite at UCF

Reactions: Stormthecourt?
Lots of new faces. Apparently young too

The defensive line can hide a lot of secondary mistakes

We are looking for the opposite at UCF
Not sure where that's coming from. Both CBs are 2 year starters, 1 safety was the highest ranked defensive back in the conference last year by some metrics, and all but 1 guy on the 2 deep has game experience. LB is a big question mark, but behind them it looks pretty strong. This year's defense has enough talent that it should be pretty good, but who knows what kind of product Chinander will put on the field.

Reactions: ahabmw
There is a bit more to it than that
Notoriety, advertising for Nebraska and recruiting, not being labeled as a total scumbag and then there is the money
Again, remind me never to work with you.

Let the man thrive at his new employer. This is only making us look negative and vindictive. Yes, I agree on the recruiting DB situation, Frost (or his staff) were totally in the wrong. But even ADDW came to an agreement on that after the fact.

Let it go, it makes us look petty, and will deter other coaches from coming here.

This is only making us look negative and vindictive.
Being negative and vindictive online can be a good thing for a fan base.

UCF didn't earn it's recent No. 1 ranking for having college football's Worst Twitter Fans for nothing. ;)

Reactions: Ucfmikes
Let it go, it makes us look petty, and will deter other coaches from coming here.
Hahahahaha. That’s hilarious!

First of all, it won’t. Money talks.

Yeah.. “I’m not taking that 2 million dollar job at UCF and I want to stay an offensive coordinator forever, because that Ucfmikes guy on a free Rivals.com board was petty about Scott Frost leaving!”

Do you realize how ridiculous that sounds?

Additionally, I’m certainly not alone

Last edited:
Reactions: LemmyKilmister
Again, remind me never to work with you.
I want loyal people working for and with me. I was loyal and my employees are as loyal. Loyalty is big with me, but not with everyone.

Been very successful with that, so thank you

Additionally, I don’t try to change people. They are who they are.

I want loyal people working for and with me. I was loyal and my employees are as loyal. Loyalty is big with me, but not with everyone.
Your definition of 'loyal' is way different than mine. Yours is more 'lifetime' and 'obedience' than mine.

You're the type that is still spurning me, along with others, for going to a competitor when I was demoted with everyone, because another division came in and took over our division ... especially when things got worse after we left.

Your definition of 'loyal' is way different than mine. Yours is more 'lifetime' and 'obedience' than mine.

You're the type that is still spurning me, along with others, for going to a competitor when I was demoted with everyone, because another division came in and took over our division ... especially when things got worse after we left.
Nobody mentioned lifetime or obedience.
You’re trying to read into something that wasn’t said or implied

Show me where I have been an asshat
Stop trying to change people. Other posters have been more harsh
I'll grant you that you aren't the worst, agreed.

Stop trying to change the world.
I'm an annoying Libertarian ... so I'm used to wanting to. ;)

Nobody mentioned lifetime or obedience.
You’re trying to read into something that wasn’t said or implied
Your pettiness over combating Nebraska recruiting and saying negative things implies lifetime loyalty and obedience. Let it go, wish Frost and Nebraska luck.

Reactions: Cornmaker
Your pettiness over combating Nebraska recruiting and saying negative things implies lifetime loyalty and obedience. Let it go, wish Frost and Nebraska luck.
I did not wish Frost to be loyal forever or even a minute to UCF for 5 million a year. Or 7. Whatever it is. That’s ridiculous. Obedience?
Deleting a DB is a douchebag move. That’s the consensus

I like UCF. They can win and EVERYONE ELSE CAN LOSE

I need more CF entertainment than just UCF and wishing USF lose

Now I have a 3rd team every Saturday

It’s nice that we have Nebraska fans cheering for UCF, but honestly, and call me evil, but I like cheering against them, UF,USF, etc

Last edited:
Deleting a DB is a douchebag move. That’s the consensus
I'll say here at the outset that I never heard anything about a deleted DB until now. That said, I find it incredibly hard to believe that this was a real thing and not some made-up bullsh*t..

As I said before, public universities go to great pains to back-up their data. There's no way in hell that somebody could successfully delete data from a university computer. No. Way. Accidentally or deliberately deleted stuff can always be restored.

And if it was a private DB on a private computer, why in the world would the athletic department allow it to exist in the first place? Once again, No. Way.

This sounds like a rumor started by someone who wanted to paint Frost and his staff in a bad light. Some people are damned and determined to make a fight out of anything and everything. But why in the world continue to harbor hard feelings about this story? This is one where everybody came out winners for crying out loud.

I'll say here at the outset that I never heard anything about a deleted DB until now. That said, I find it incredibly hard to believe that this was a real thing and not some made-up bullsh*t..

As I said before, public universities go to great pains to back-up their data. There's no way in hell that somebody could successfully delete data from a university computer. No. Way. Accidentally or deliberately deleted stuff can always be restored.

And if it was a private DB on a private computer, why in the world would the athletic department allow it to exist in the first place? Once again, No. Way.

This sounds like a rumor started by someone who wanted to paint Frost and his staff in a bad light. Some people are damned and determined to make a fight out of anything and everything. But why in the world continue to harbor hard feelings about this story? This is one where everybody came out winners for crying out loud.
I have absolutely no proof that it ever happened

It may be a complete rumor for all we know

Why harbor on it?

That’s easy! It’s the offseason

Do you think one peep will be heard about this on August 29th?

Hell no!!! [winking]

Reactions: ahabmw
I have absolutely no proof that it ever happened

It may be a complete rumor for all we know

Why harbor on it?

That’s easy! It’s the offseason

Do you think one peep will be heard about this on August 29th?

Hell no!!! [winking]
It actually happened, but nobody could prove who did it. It could be a coincidence, but it happened right after Frost came back to coach the team and found out Heup had already moved into "his" office.

Whatever his motives, I give him credit for winning the Peach Bowl and the Natty. Forgiving someone for being a douche doesn't mean you have to deny their complete record when it comes up.

Hahahahaha. That’s hilarious!

First of all, it won’t. Money talks.

Yeah.. “I’m not taking that 2 million dollar job at UCF and I want to stay an offensive coordinator forever, because that Ucfmikes guy on a free Rivals.com board was petty about Scott Frost leaving!”

Do you realize how ridiculous that sounds?

Additionally, I’m certainly not alone

ROFL!

It's all your fault Mike!

[roll]

There's no way Heupel could have coached this team to be competitive in bowl game. Frost knew his house and reputation was at stake if he didn't follow through. He sold his home soon after he moved for a lower price I believe to quickly dump it.

I'll grant you that you aren't the worst, agreed.

I'm an annoying Libertarian ... so I'm used to wanting to. ;)

You are taking this board too seriously....

Probably. Still, I don't like his attitude on this. He needs to let it go.
You know that I’m not going to just to piss you off, right? My attitude is amazing!! I’m 100% a loyal fan.

You’re trying to make us not hated, irrelevant and
lose our twitter/internet ranking

Please stop this at once. :grimace: Show some swag (not arrogance, just swag) and stop being so cordial. You are no fun! I bet you are the life of the party. Not!

Last edited:
I’ll always love Frost bc he did everything I wanted the UCF Program to be from the style of play to uniforms. Young and forward thinking
The funny thing is that I was, and still am, considered a GoL 'Nuthugger.'

Frost did us right, and as I said when he was hired, "If we're going offensive-first minded, then he's the guy."

I tire of the attitude towards our coaches, and even players, especially as some fans get more and more self-entitled.

It wasn't too long ago people were threatening Milton and Frost, which many have conveniently forgotten.

Nope, but I am the one people trust with major accounts. I've covered a lot of butts of my biggest critics too.
You’re playing beer pong and doing Tequila shots. Like it or not

I’ll always love Frost bc he did everything I wanted the UCF Program to be from the style of play to uniforms. Young and forward thinking
O'Leary had a number of good seasons at UCF but Frost brought the program a 'young and energetic' vibe with his personality, background, uniforms, and style of play that captured national attention.

My brother always teased his teenage daughter (my niece) that she should be a Nebraska fan like he was. She wasn't into football and would just roll her eyes. Then in 2017, she started wearing UCF t-shirts to school and around the house. Even though they live in Orlando, my brother thought it was curious and asked her what the deal was. She said her and a bunch of her high school friends were now Knight football fans. He told me she said, "They're an exciting team to watch and we love their coach." What was hilarious was that when he told her their coach was a former Nebraska player, she initially thought he was pulling her leg.

Truth be told, there have been a number of Gof5 programs that have had great seasons in recent years. But none of them, including Houston 2016, captured the nation's imagination the same way UCF did in 2017.

White hopes that Josh Heupel continues to enhance the fast-paced, high-flying image for UCF that has evolved since 2016. The jury is still out for at least one or two more seasons as to whether Heupel can keep it going but the early signs look very good.

O'Leary had a number of good seasons at UCF but Frost brought the program a 'young and energetic' vibe with his personality, background, uniforms, and style of play that captured national attention.

My brother always teased his teenage daughter (my niece) that she should be a Nebraska fan like he was. She wasn't into football and would just roll her eyes. Then in 2017, she started wearing UCF t-shirts to school and around the house. Even though they live in Orlando, my brother thought it was curious and asked her what the deal was. She said her and a bunch of her high school friends were now Knight football fans. He told me she said, "They're an exciting team to watch and we love their coach." What was hilarious was that when he told her their coach was a former Nebraska player, she initially thought he was pulling her leg.

Truth be told, there have been a number of Gof5 programs that have had great seasons in recent years. But none of them, including Houston 2016, captured the nation's imagination the same way UCF did in 2017.

White hopes that Josh Heupel continues to enhance the fast-paced, high-flying image for UCF that has evolved since 2016. The jury is still out for at least one or two more seasons as to whether Heupel can keep it going but the early signs look very good.
I agree somewhat except that now looking back it was Danny White who brought in the young and energetic vibe. Frost was a part of that as is Heup. My thought is no system can last forever at a school. Eventually you have to evolve to something new.

I agree somewhat except that now looking back it was Danny White who brought in the young and energetic vibe. Frost was a part of that as is Heup. My thought is no system can last forever at a school. Eventually you have to evolve to something new.
We hired ADDW to do a job, and he did it.

ADDW hired Frost to do a job, and he did it. When Frost and his staff 'screwed up,' ADDW set terms, Frost accepted them, and we moved on.

Now it's the Heup show. We'll eventually lose him by late 2021 at the earliest, unless Oklahoma really wants to give us $10M in late 2020 (before the bowl games).

ADVERTISEMENT