ADVERTISEMENT

AAC Championship - Sell out?

Chez23

Silver Knight
Gold Member
Aug 13, 2013
All this talk about SF.....enough already. Is this championship game sold out?

UCF instagram just announced students are in free. I'm not sure if that's a reminder post, or a decision they made today to boost the crowd? I don't remember if students got in free to previous CCGs in the past.

Reactions: ucfversusbcs
I hope UCF doesn't go from a awesome sell out crowd last Friday to a "near" capacity this Saturday.....that would be embarrassing on national TV to not sell out a Championship game.

I hope UCF doesn't go from a awesome sell out crowd last Friday to a "near" capacity this Saturday.....that would be embarrassing on national TV to not sell out a Championship game.

Better prepare yourself for that. Other than their band, Memphis will bring next to no fans. Noon game, with coach leaving... I say we get over 40,000 but not a sellout

and yet Miami gets a pass for doing the same :rolleyes:

Better prepare yourself for that. Other than their band, Memphis will bring next to no fans. Noon game, with coach leaving... I say we get over 40,000 but not a sellout
I don’t think you’re wrong that the Frost rumors affect attendance...but I don’t get why. This weekend is about this year’s team and the forecast for next year shouldn’t subtract support for the current student athletes.

the Pac12 Championship game usually has sparse attendance but it's neutral site

I think the Frost rumors will hurt some, no way they get an overflow 47k like USF bc there will be like 500 fans from the visiting team. My guess is a little over 40K

and yet Miami gets a pass for doing the same :rolleyes:
? ACC Champ game is at neutral site....what pass I Miami getting? And they are P5 so they have nothing to prove. UCF needs to shine whenever they get the opportunity....like UCF did last Friday!

hope your wrong....sellout for the kids playing not for the coach. These kids deserve same atmosphere as USF game.

? ACC Champ game is at neutral site....what pass I Miami getting? And they are P5 so they have nothing to prove. UCF needs to shine whenever they get the opportunity....like UCF did last Friday!
no sir. i meant Miami gets a pass for having big games with big crowds followed with mediocre crowds for Virginia for example

Game is currently a long way from a sellout at the moment looking at Ticketmaster.

The game would sell out if they adopt a new marketing plan. They need to market the game as the "End of the Frost era." Your last chance to see him coach the team.

Not sure where all the doom and gloom is coming from. Danny White said today there were less than 3,500 tickets remaining. Students will determine if the stadium looks packed on Saturday. Hope they show up.

Reactions: BG_Knightmare
For the life of me I cant figure out why it's even a question if a school with 60K students can fill the student section of a 45K seat stadium with free tickets....for a championship game.

Reactions: Mikesi
I don’t think you’re wrong that the Frost rumors affect attendance...but I don’t get why. This weekend is about this year’s team and the forecast for next year shouldn’t subtract support for the current student athletes.

Agreed.

Not everyone cares about football.

It's the largest student body in America. You don't need everyone. If you can't get 18K out of 60K for championship game for an undefeated team on a beautiful Saturday afternoon, then our student fans suck. They better be there and be full and I think they will be.

less than 3K left, not sure if Memphis did their job selling their allotment. Good crowd for a weeks notice

less than 3K left, not sure if Memphis did their job selling their allotment. Good crowd for a weeks notice

What do you know, you big dope? You probably have a friend that thought he could walk from the MGM all the way to Caesar's in less than 30 minutes while his friends were waiting.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT