ADVERTISEMENT

AAC conference race

Tulane looking pretty good 24-13 deep in the 4th quarter but Tulsa hanging around and is not out yet.

usf up on temple at the half 7-3

With Houston loss, a two way tie for 2nd place with UCF & Cinci.

of course, UCF owns the head-to-head tie breaker.

What will be interesting, if UCF beats Tulane and gives them one conference loss. Who would get into the Conf Champ game? Tulane or Cinci? They play each other the final regular season game for both schools.

UCF controls it's own destiny! Just Win Knights!

Hey what about those ECU Pirate trolls on all the other social media sites that have to mention themselves whenever there is a positive post for UCF. Even though they beat us pretty good they aren't handling 'winning' very well. The better team won that day but just because you win the battle doesn't mean you won the war. I find that funny. But am easily amused.... LOL.

Tidbit from vegas:
Cincinnati (+185), Tulane (+185) and UCF (+200) lead the way in the odds to win the American Athletic Conference title.

Reactions: Knight Strength
CINCINNATI — The Navy Midshipmen pulled off a big 17-14 upset over UCF on Saturday to shake up the AAC Championship race. Navy entered the game as 15.5-point underdogs.

The result means UC will host the AAC Title game in two weeks if they beat Temple and Tulane. UCF beat the Bearcats earlier in the season but now has multiple conference losses to UC's one.

If UC and UCF (@ South Florida) win next week, the Bearcats welcome the Knights to Nippert Stadium with a third-straight AAC Championship on the line.

It's frustrating to lose for sure. sucks actually. Navy game was so bad/sad. Navy's game plan worked once again. Ugh. Tear in my Beer yesterday afternoon.

Gonna still support the team though. Teams lose. I gotta accept that although I was expecting UCF to win.

An uphill battle now!

Will be rewarding if UCF can win out, but lowering my expectations! The conference championship leans towards Cinci now. Oh well. Maybe another trip to NOLA as well for the champ game. However, duh*bulls loom...

Reactions: U C to the F
Don't forget the looming 3-way tie with Houston which throws our head-to-head wins with Tulane and Cincy out the window.

Don't forget the looming 3-way tie with Houston which throws our head-to-head wins with Tulane and Cincy out the window.
You're correct. I just read the Sentinel article explaining this. If Houston and UCF wins this week, then it's possible the loser in the Cincy/Tulane game is still ranked higher than UCF and Houston and they could play again for the Ship. I don't think I've ever been a fan of the Golden Hurricane until now! lol

^ This

We should be rooting for Tulane to win this weekend as well since Cincy is ranked lower they have a better chance of ranking below us after a loss. Also I'd rather play Tulane again than play a Cincy team we barely got by at their house.

It's mind numbingly stupid that we are depending on rankings to determine our CCG.

The best thing Aresco did was reject the G / P relegation. Rankings are bias and worse than an arbitrary P / G grouping.

As the Champions of Change, we should be rejecting this bias.

#UCFacts

Even though we played much better vs Tulane & I think they are not as good as Cincy, we should hope of Cincy or the better team to win.

Either way there will be a like 3 way tie for 2/3rd after the CCG. Most likely 3 of the top 4 AAC team this year are moving to the Big 12. It would be excellent if UCF won the UCFirst AAC and last with this lineup. Let's be the Best by beating the best.

#UCFacts

ADVERTISEMENT