ADVERTISEMENT

AAC FB Non-Conf. Rivalries (min. 30 gp)

jt_knight

Four-Star Recruit
Dec 31, 2017
Which series would you most like to see resume?

* annual or near-annual series scheduled
# non-annual recurring series

Cincinnati
· Miami (OH) (123 gp)*
· Louisville (53)

ECU
· NC State (30)#
· Southern Miss (39)

Temple
· Villanova (34) (surprised this isn't already on future schedules; may resume in 2021)

UCONN
· UMASS (72)*
· URI (94)

Houston
· Rice (42)*

Memphis
· Southern Miss (63)
· Ole Miss (63)
· Arkansas St. (58)#
· Louisville (43)

Navy
· Army (119)*
· ND (92)*
· Air Force (51)*
· Pitt (40)

SMU
· TCU (98) (will play this year but no future dates scheduled yet)
· Rice (90)
· N. Texas (38)*

Tulane
· LSU (98)
· Ole Miss (71)
· Auburn (37)
· Southern Miss (30)

Tulsa
· Oklahoma St (73)*

It would be great to see Cincy-L'ville resume as an annual match-up. L'ville probably doesn't have much interest now that they're in the ACC and play OOC UK annually.

Memphis and Tulane have some history with solid teams. It would be nice to see them get long-term series scheduled with their historic rivals.

I wouldn't mind seeing UCF develop an annual H-H with Georgia Tech (O'Leary Bowl? Tech-mo Bowl to honor our FTU roots?).

USF should sign FIU to a long-term H-H and get a battle for South Florida going. That is, if they don't give in and give FIU a 2-1.

Last edited:
Reactions: UCFhonors
Which series would you most like to see resume?

* annual or near-annual series scheduled
# non-annual recurring series

Cincinnati
· Miami (OH) (123 gp)*
· Louisville (53)

ECU
· NC State (30)#
· Southern Miss (39)

Temple
· Villanova (34) (surprised this isn't already on future schedules; may resume in 2021)

UCONN
· UMASS (72)*
· URI (94)

Houston
· Rice (42)*

Memphis
· Southern Miss (63)
· Ole Miss (63)
· Arkansas St. (58)#
· Louisville (43)

Navy
· Army (119)*
· ND (92)*
· Air Force (51)*
· Pitt (40)

SMU
· TCU (98) (will play this year but no future dates scheduled yet)
· Rice (90)
· N. Texas (38)*

Tulane
· LSU (98)
· Ole Miss (71)
· Auburn (37)
· Southern Miss (30)

Tulsa
· Oklahoma St (73)*
Kind of an odd criteria of min 30 games played when we've only played 23 seasons at the FBS level.

Kind of an odd criteria of min 30 games played when we've only played 23 seasons at the FBS level.

I was more interested in looking at the historic rivalries for our conference teams. For UCF, the most games against a common opponent is 17 against ECU. Next up is BCC with 16 games. I had to draw the line somewhere and 30 seemed about right for a sport that is over 100 years old.

Although the AAC is a new league, it's good to be reminded that the conference has some great history to lean on. Continuing to schedule these games (or resurrecting them) will generate fan interest and winning these games will increase the conference's notoriety.

I was more interested in looking at the historic rivalries for our conference teams. For UCF, the most games against a common opponent is 17 against ECU. Next up is BCC with 16 games. I had to draw the line somewhere and 30 seemed about right for a sport that is over 100 years old.

Although the AAC is a new league, it's good to be reminded that the conference has some great history to lean on. Continuing to schedule these games (or resurrecting them) will generate fan interest and winning these games will increase the conference's notoriety.
Bethune Cookman is now BCU.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT