Memphis 32,713 (3 games)
Navy 31,777 (2 games)
usf 28,730 (3 games)
Temple 27,351 (3 games)
SMU 21,506 (4 games)
UConn 19,236 (2 games)
Tulsa 19,046 (3 games)
Tulane 16,292 (2 games)

NOTE: UCF missing out on 2 of its biggest home games of the year (Ga Tech and Parents Weekend on original Memphis date) certainly hurt their overall average.

Here is how announced attendance figures look after Week 5 for AAC:

ECU 39,609 (3 games)
Houston 37,642 (2 games)
UCF 36,043 (2 games)
Cinci 33,284 (2 games)
Memphis 32,713 (3 games)
Navy 31,777 (2 games)
usf 28,730 (3 games)
Temple 27,351 (3 games)
SMU 21,506 (4 games)
UConn 19,236 (2 games)
Tulsa 19,046 (3 games)
Tulane 16,292 (2 games)

NOTE: UCF missing out on 2 of its biggest home games of the year (Ga Tech and Parents Weekend on original Memphis date) certainly hurt their overall average.
I can't say that I'm that upset about 36,000 then.

Reactions: UCFhonors
Would be interesting to see how we are doing in TV viewership too. I would wager that, even if turnstile attendance isn’t growing, our TV following has.

Reactions: Mikesi
EZU has an impressive fan base for football. Regardless of how well the team is playing they have passion and are knowledgeable (more so than our fanbase). I would argue their tailgating is the tops in AAC... def the best food as the Carolina mustard BBQ is amazing.

Reactions: Boston.Knight
Surprised ECU is down, but they do suck this year.
EZU has an impressive fan base for football. Regardless of how well the team is playing they have passion and are knowledgeable (more so than our fanbase). I would argue their tailgating is the tops in AAC... def the best food as the Carolina mustard BBQ is amazing.
If just Orlando east of SR-436 was decked out and supporting like Greenville, we'd sell out against even a FCS team.

But instead, Orlando tends to focus on professional, for-profit sports with taxpayer dollars subsidy, instead of a self-sufficient, non-profit. Kinda tired of people in Orlando saying "UCF needs to sell out," all while $0 of even their state tax dollars goes to UCF Athletics, but the city and state subsidizes professional, for-profit sports.

That's why I grilled Mayor Dyer. But apparently he's more concerned with taxpayer funds subsidizing the Magic and Orlando City, than buy and flying a few UCF flags downtown. If he goes to the Kick-off Luncheon next year, I'll follow-up with that point.

https://imgflip.com/i/1x3vtc
1x3vtc.jpg

Last edited:
Here is how announced attendance figures look after Week 5 for AAC:

ECU 39,609 (3 games)
Houston 37,642 (2 games)
UCF 36,043 (2 games)
Cinci 33,284 (2 games)
Memphis 32,713 (3 games)
Navy 31,777 (2 games)
usf 28,730 (3 games)
Temple 27,351 (3 games)
SMU 21,506 (4 games)
UConn 19,236 (2 games)
Tulsa 19,046 (3 games)
Tulane 16,292 (2 games)

ECU and Cincy are way down from when they entered the AAC. The attendance decline has hit the G5 the most, but also the bottom feeders of the P5 like Kansas and Oregon St.

Reactions: UCFBS
still shocks me how this program doesn't sell out every game. Think about it....36k per game? That is weak for this team and what SF is doing.

Ssshhh...enjoy the low attendance while it still exist. Eventually, maybe not in my lifetime, a UCF ticket will be hard to get. Until then, enjoy the leg room and remember these times to brag about them in the future. Go Knights!

Ssshhh...enjoy the low attendance while it still exist. Eventually, maybe not in my lifetime, a UCF ticket will be hard to get. Until then, enjoy the leg room and remember these times to brag about them in the future. Go Knights!
When people pulled out, I gave more. I'm looking forward to the moaning and complaining from people in the 2020s about, "I gave back in the '00s and I can't get decent tickets when I went to start giving again! That should count for something!"

Well, maybe you should have kept giving and not stopped? The "threats" I see on this board just make me shake my head. When it's not that product on the field, it's moaning and threats about losing Ga Tech. There's always something to drop or threaten to drop about.

Reactions: UCFProf
We've only played a few home games and we lost our "marquee" home game, of course attendance will be down. Not to mention people might still be reeling from the Hurricane so have more important priorities to deal with. Let's pump the brakes and evaluate after the season is over. I think with a win @ Cincy this weekend will bring a lot of fans in for the ECU game.

Also the fact there really isnt much to do in Greenville besides watch football on saturdays. Thats another problem, we have too many outlets here lol

Reactions: UCFBS
Also the fact there really isnt much to do in Greenville besides watch football on saturdays. Thats another problem, we have too many outlets here lol
The alums have always turned out at a much greater rate there. Most of our nearly 300,000 alums never attended a single game. Not so with ECU's. Unfortunately for them, like Marshall, is that's all they got going for them.

Reactions: UCFBS and Miltonian
11k is being very generous as well. I would say 11K for Illinois, and 5K for the other games.
I gave them a pass on IL. It was a week where most people were still dealing with other issues. They were smart to give away all sorts of tickets.

But their other games have been pathetic.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT