ADVERTISEMENT

AAC Hoop Standings Jan 11th

Knight_Light

GOL's Inner Circle
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
UH destroyed Tulsa tonight, 104-71 and Wichita State is up big at ECU at the half 42-23.

Standings as of now (before WSU/ECU Game)

Cinci 3-0
Wichita St 3-0
Houston 3-1
Tulsa 3-2
UCF 3-2
Tulane 2-2
Memphis 2-2
UCONN 2-2
SMU 2-3
ECU 1-3
Temple 1-4
usf 0-4

UCF is off this weekend but hosts Cinci on Tuesday (National Championship Celebration Night) and that is a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE game that will decide if UCF falls in the standings are rises near the top.

that is a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE game that will decide if UCF falls in the standings are rises near the top.
You really think this solidly determines our future? I know its not everything, but RPIs for 10 of the programs in this conference can easily be considered for the dance. Temple is 1-4 but their RPI and SOS is so good they can afford some losses. We got a big win over them, but they went right back out and upset SMU.
Many times we discussed parity and how the conferences we're affiliated are tough except our perception to others was bad because we couldnt win OOC.
This year is different.

Last edited:
I know its not everything, but RPIs for 10 of the programs in this conference can easily be considered for the dance.
Sorry let me clarify and further explain. there's 10 teams that are within striking distance of being considered for the dance. ECU and the Cows have to make a big run and win the tourney just to make it, but as for the others a winning record and a victory over Cinci, Witch state or even SMU/Temple is a positive on the resume.

Reactions: UCFhonors
I know its not everything, but RPIs for 10 of the programs in this conference can easily be considered for the dance.
Sorry let me clarify and further explain. there's 10 teams that are within striking distance of being considered for the dance. ECU and the Cows have to make a big run and win the tourney just to make it, but as for the others a winning record and a victory over Cinci, Witch state or even SMU/Temple is a positive on the resume.

Momentum... especially after missed opportunity at UCONN.

Hope the big home crowd helps push UCF to victory.

Some AAC Conf Game Stats:

Offense:
#5 Cinci: 71.0 pts
#10 UCF 57.6 pts

Defense:
#1 UCF: 50.4
#2 Cinci: 52.3

FG
#4 Cinci: 44.7%
#8 UCF:40.4%

3 pt
#5 Cinci: 34.5% (19 attempts per game)
#6 UCF: 34.1% (16 attempts per game)

FT
#11 Cinci: 62.1%
#12 UCF: 61.7%

Should be a low scoring game so whoever can shoot better from the FT could be the difference maker.[

IMHO, I don't thing we're consistently good enough to make the dance or any significant post season play. We're just not good at all this year.

IMHO, I don't thing we're consistently good enough to make the dance or any significant post season play. We're just not good at all this year.

Losing Dawkins and then BJ has really impacted the team. Add in the recruiting misses the last 2 years (2 HS kids not qualified, several transfers not meeting their expectations, etc..).it's been a challenging year.

Season can still be a success if BJ comes back next week and UCF goes on a run.

Losing Dawkins and then BJ has really impacted the team. Add in the recruiting misses the last 2 years (2 HS kids not qualified, several transfers not meeting their expectations, etc..).it's been a challenging year.

Any longer and he should just get a medical redshirt.

Any longer and he should just get a medical redshirt.

BJ could appeal for a 6th year after his 5th year is completed. He obviously has already burned a redshirt yearfeon his previous foot injury.

Not sure BJ wants to be in college for 6th years because if he comes back healthy next year...he will long ago have graduated and probably wants to jump start his original career wherever it takes him.

This is why he will probably come back this year,even though he has already missed more than half the season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT