ADVERTISEMENT

AAC Hoops Conf RPI Rankings

Knight_Light

GOL's Inner Circle
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
While there will still be probably a lot of movement over next 3-4 weeks prior to the start of conf play, here is how the current RPI's stand out:

18: UCF
30: Temple
36: Cinci
60: Houston
99: SMU
180: ECU
218: Tulsa
223: Memphis
243: UCONN
244: usf
316: Tulane

AAC is currently #8 in Conf RPI (same CBS Sports site predicts 3 NCAA Bids from AAC)
http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketba...conference

Reactions: UCFhonors
UConn, Memphis, and likely Tulsa will move up considerably as the season progresses. ECU presumably has an improved squad, too.

While there will still be probably a lot of movement over next 3-4 weeks prior to the start of conf play, here is how the current RPI's stand out:

18: UCF
30: Temple
36: Cinci
60: Houston
99: SMU
180: ECU
218: Tulsa
223: Memphis
243: UCONN
244: usf
316: Tulane

AAC is currently #8 in Conf RPI (same CBS Sports site predicts 3 NCAA Bids from AAC)
http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketba...conference

You spelled UWCF wrong.....

Reactions: LemmyKilmister
I Love seeing USF (UWCF) the superior cow dung at the back of the line reporting in at 244. :sunglasses:

RPI's change dramatically, especially early in the season. I believe we were in 40-50 rpi before the weekend. Going from 18 to 14 in one day is not a big surprise.
The AAC went from #9 to #8 over the weekend too.

During Temple's halftime last knight, the expert had us #3 in the conference behind Cincy, & Temple. He was projecting 2 guaranteed bid, optimistically 4 bids. He had high praise of Johnny and Tacko.

http://realtimerpi.com/rpi_aac_Men.html

RPI's change dramatically, especially early in the season. I believe we were in 40-50 rpi before the weekend. Going from 18 to 14 in one day is not a big surprise.
The AAC went from #9 to #8 over the weekend too.
Not the reason. The #14 was a week old, but not updated by those RPI reporting services. RPI is revised DAILY. In the meantime, UCF had rising to 41, then 38, 37, then 36, and down to 18. Today, it is #16. Reason: major out of conference games occurring daily that affect our strength of schedule. Specifically, we rose over 20 ranks because two of our previous opponents moved back into the to 100, so our SOS is 28th (the highest I can ever recall).

Not the reason. The #14 was a week old, but not updated by those RPI reporting services. RPI is revised DAILY. In the meantime, UCF had rising to 41, then 38, 37, then 36, and down to 18. Today, it is #16. Reason: major out of conference games occurring daily that affect our strength of schedule. Specifically, we rose over 20 ranks because two of our previous opponents moved back into the to 100, so our SOS is 28th (the highest I can ever recall).

True, but it changes more early in the season because 1 win or loss has a bigger effect on the metrics than when more games are played. The denominator is smaller is all.

True, but it changes more early in the season because 1 win or loss has a bigger effect on the metrics than when more games are played. The denominator is smaller is all.
Of course, but even that's only half the reason. OCC games give teams a chance to move up big in the ranking.
During conference season, P-5 and Big East all have good teams, so their SOS soars while everyone else's plummet.
Result: most of the top 50 will be from those 6 conferences. Even worse in Football.

Official RPI is released weekly by the NCAA actually. However the calculations used are public. ESPN differs from the other RPI calculating sites due to classifying the College of Charleston game as a neutral site game while the other sites that do the calculations like CBS and realtimerpi classify it as a road game due to being in the home area of the opponent. That is the reason ESPN shows UCF a bit lower. Not that it really matters.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT