ADVERTISEMENT

AAC Men’s Soccer Champions

Awesome! Coach Calabrese was a great hire! He has put the program on the map.

Article in UCF Athletics site says it will be played May 2nd at 5pm. I don’t know if it will be televised but sure hope so.

OMG I saw the highlights on those goals. We looked so sloppy it makes me even wonder how we got this far. Oh well..... :cool:
Looked like Pitt had better players. We had one guy get a yellow and he still had some questionable plays after that. Pitt only lost 3 games. 3 out of final 8 are ACC. Pitt had 2 players that were on a professional developmental team. We need to get one with Orlando’s team.

Unseeded Marsha gets a Natty. Nice job. Unfortunately the ladies title ended up being won by Santa Clara on penalty kicks (FSU lost). I played soccer for 30 years. No playoff game should be won on penalty kicks. You should keep playing (like hockey) until someone wins.

Not a fan of deciding playoff games based on something arbitrary. It lessens the sport. I’d rather lose on the field of battle. I never felt like I lost by penalty kicks….just didn’t win. There’s a difference.

Reactions: Knight Strength
Unseeded Marsha gets a Natty. Nice job. Unfortunately the ladies title ended up being won by Santa Clara on penalty kicks (FSU lost). I played soccer for 30 years. No playoff game should be won on penalty kicks. You should keep playing (like hockey) until someone wins.

Not a fan of deciding playoff games based on something arbitrary. It lessens the sport. I’d rather lose on the field of battle. I never felt like I lost by penalty kicks….just didn’t win. There’s a difference.
Gave up a late goal. Bad pass by defender in her own area. Should have won.

Marshall was a very good team. The played really well and put Indiana under a lot of pressure. It was awesome for Marshall to beat a perennial power like Indiana. Maybe UCF next year!!

Have you ever seen a soccer game going more than 90 or 120 minutes? It gets really bad and players go down with cramps all over the field, sometimes leading to real injuries.
I know college doesn't do 120 before the penalties but they aren't pros either. A good middle ground could be to play the 30 minutes of extra time without the stupid golden goal.

Have you ever seen a soccer game going more than 90 or 120 minutes? It gets really bad and players go down with cramps all over the field, sometimes leading to real injuries.
I know college doesn't do 120 before the penalties but they aren't pros either. A good middle ground could be to play the 30 minutes of extra time without the stupid golden goal.
Substitution rules aren’t the same. In Pro and Olympic you can only have 3 for entire game. College let’s more than that.

It’s the playoffs….you play until somebody wins. I’d rather I cramp up and the person I was guarding scores, rather than arbitrarily lose with people kicking PKs. At least I can tell myself, “Damn, they were in better shape that day. Good for them.”. I’ve played in 3 types of overtime over my life:
1) Play extra 30 minutes (both playing the full 30 minutes and “golden goal). Then go to PKs.
2) Play 10 minute segments until somebody won. I liked this.
3) Play 10 minutes, then go down to 10-on-10. Play another 10 minutes, then go down to 9-on-9. Then keep playing 10 minute periods 9-on-9 until somebody wins. There’s a lot of space on the field and never got past the first period of 9-on-9.

Reactions: Knight Strength
ADVERTISEMENT