ADVERTISEMENT

AAC transfer policy eliminated

How is the AAC allowed to override the NCAA policy ( sit out for a year) if that's how I understand this ....

Last edited:
How is the AAC allowed to override the NCAA policy ( sit out for a year) if that's how I understand this ....

They changed the rule. First transfer you don’t have to sit out.

Reactions: UCF_Kaz
If they’re not going to school for a high quality degree, that’s too bad. Only a handful of collegiate sports have a shot for a professional career that makes enough money to live on.

I get the student might view it the other way around (especially out of high school) but if they don’t make their academics a priority they won’t be in college long anyways.

I like our new administration’s goal to help find jobs (the whole point) upon graduation or guide them to a grad school. This is what high performing schools do for their graduates (not just athletics).

If they’re not going to school for a high quality degree, that’s too bad. Only a handful of collegiate sports have a shot for a professional career that makes enough money to live on.

I get the student might view it the other way around (especially out of high school) but if they don’t make their academics a priority they won’t be in college long anyways.

I like our new administration’s goal to help find jobs (the whole point) upon graduation or guide them to a grad school. This is what high performing schools do for their graduates (not just athletics).

Only a handful think they're in the group that won't make it. Only a small, tiny, group..... and any coach would probably say that belief is what's keeping them mediocre. Reality is fighting a battle lost decades ago.

So in other words, the AAC and etc. actually did nothing, since it was already granted by the NCAA. At least they got out a day early so they could have a second of good press.
Transfers within conference and other rivals used to be blocked by coaches. Now they don’t even have to sit out. Conferences can still make all transfers sit out if they wanted to.

ADVERTISEMENT