ADVERTISEMENT

Actions Speak Louder than Words

Courtskils

Four-Star Recruit
Sep 4, 2007
This is the character test for Frost, wilI your actions match your words. I believe Scott Frost is a decent person. I also believe he knows how to create a perception of himself that he wants the world to think he is- see Tiger Woods. In the end ACTIONS always speak louder than words. To me, if Frost leaves I hope people realize the following:

To not resolve a major distaction before the biggest moment in these kids lives is an action that is unforgivable. The only reason he is even in this position is the players

To poach even one recruit, one coach, or one transfer is an action that gives the middle finger to UCF and every word he said about UCF is untrue

If he leaves before the bowl game and does not finish the job, it is a slap in the face to everyone involved in UCF football- players, coaches, administration, fans.

If ever recruited a player and made promises to them that he broke- he’sa scumbag....... just ask one of the parents what they think of him.

Frost will learn one day, actions speak louder than words. I have a message for any recruit out there- do you want to play for a coach that will jeopardize the biggest game of your life, a coach that will mislead you just to get you in the program, do you want to play for a coach who’s actions don’t align with his words.

Tiger Woods was never able to be the guy he wanted to be. Scott Frost are you the guy you want to be? Unlike Tiger Woods I hope your actions match your words.

Reactions: Nyght Shadow
Frost was once at another school. You don't think recruits at Oregon thought that he would be their offensive coordinator?

This is new territory for UCF, but its nothing unusual for the rest of CFB.

Reactions: smhowla
This is the character test for Frost, wilI your actions match your words. I believe Scott Frost is a decent person. I also believe he knows how to create a perception of himself that he wants the world to think he is- see Tiger Woods. In the end ACTIONS always speak louder than words. To me, if Frost leaves I hope people realize the following:

To not resolve a major distaction before the biggest moment in these kids lives is an action that is unforgivable. The only reason he is even in this position is the players

To poach even one recruit, one coach, or one transfer is an action that gives the middle finger to UCF and every word he said about UCF is untrue

If he leaves before the bowl game and does not finish the job, it is a slap in the face to everyone involved in UCF football- players, coaches, administration, fans.

If ever recruited a player and made promises to them that he broke- he’sa scumbag....... just ask one of the parents what they think of him.

Frost will learn one day, actions speak louder than words. I have a message for any recruit out there- do you want to play for a coach that will jeopardize the biggest game of your life, a coach that will mislead you just to get you in the program, do you want to play for a coach who’s actions don’t align with his words.

Tiger Woods was never able to be the guy he wanted to be. Scott Frost are you the guy you want to be? Unlike Tiger Woods I hope your actions match your words.

I just scanned this....

1) Yes poaching our players would be the biggest douche move ever, but lets not jump to that conclusion yet. I'm not sure that many of our players would even want to live in the corn fields either.

2) He needs to leave after the championship game (if leaving). We need another coaching staff in place for early signing period. Staying around to the bowl actually hurts UCF and Nebraska. He would hurt our recruiting while coaching the bowl game. He would be recruiting for Nebraska while on our dime.

Reactions: GOBLUEDAVID
I just scanned this....

1) Yes poaching our players would be the biggest douche move ever, but lets not jump to that conclusion yet. I'm not sure that many of our players would even want to live in the corn fields either.

2) He needs to leave after the championship game (if leaving). We need another coaching staff in place for early signing period. Staying around to the bowl actually hurts UCF and Nebraska. He would hurt our recruiting while coaching the bowl game. He would be recruiting for Nebraska while on our dime.
Pummeling Alabama in a NY6 bowl may help recruiting.

Reactions: Mikesi

I don't say it is right. This happens every year in every level of football programs. Coaches leave. They take players, they take recruits, they take coaches, they usually leave before the bowls. To pin this as, Frost is a horrible person because of it, isn't right. College football is a business. This is how this business works. Like or not it, it is what it is and all coaches follow this similar procedure when going to a new school.
Back to the point of leaving before a bowl. No school is going to want to wait on a new coach until after the bowls. Especially with the early signing period. They need the new coach in asap to retain/gain recruits and get some stability to the program.

Reactions: GOBLUEDAVID
You’re reaching with a lot of statements. Frost genuinely loves UCF and the players. He is sacrificing a entire week plus of recruiting to try and get ICF and those kids a championship. UCF and those kids are a priority to him. He wants to send them out champions. If he didn’t care he would have resigned Monday.

As for coaches.... Of course he is bring coaches with him. Every coach does. They take coaches they are comfortable with. I am sure he is going to recruit some of the players too. That’s just common sense. He spend the last year scouting and recruiting them. With the new early signing period he is not going to be able to make up a year of recruiting in a little over a 2 weeks.

As for current UCF players. I doubt he is going to hold a team meeting and try to get them to follow.

All I can tell you, is Frost has handled this the best any coach possibly could. I mean look at FSU and Jimbo. He just bailed a day before a game that decides if they go bowling.

I don’t want to sound like a broken record, but Scott Frost wants that championship for those kids. You can’t fault him for the media circus and the constant pressure from the media asking multiple questions about the future and causing a disruption. Nebraska and it’s Athletic Department has not even made a whisper since last Saturday.

I am a UCF fan. I have been since Scott Frost was hired. I watched nearly all your games last year. Frost was my hero growing up. That’s the way Nebraska fans are. We follow our players even after they leave. I will follow you guys closely even after this year. UCF is hands down my second favorite team and probably always will be and I wish UCF nothing but success. I know it’s hard right now. And if Nebraska was in the same situation I’d be salty, pissed and hurt. But cooler heads will prevail.

I’m sorry for the trolls as well. That is BS. My hope is once things calm down we can talk football without the tension. I know some of you don’t think highly of our state. But if you ever find yourself in Nebraska come take in a game. It’s a special experience all college football fans should see.

You’re reaching with a lot of statements. Frost genuinely loves UCF and the players. He is sacrificing a entire week plus of recruiting to try and get ICF and those kids a championship. UCF and those kids are a priority to him. He wants to send them out champions. If he didn’t care he would have resigned Monday.

As for coaches.... Of course he is bring coaches with him. Every coach does. They take coaches they are comfortable with. I am sure he is going to recruit some of the players too. That’s just common sense. He spend the last year scouting and recruiting them. With the new early signing period he is not going to be able to make up a year of recruiting in a little over a 2 weeks.

As for current UCF players. I doubt he is going to hold a team meeting and try to get them to follow.

All I can tell you, is Frost has handled this the best any coach possibly could. I mean look at FSU and Jimbo. He just bailed a day before a game that decides if they go bowling.

I don’t want to sound like a broken record, but Scott Frost wants that championship for those kids. You can’t fault him for the media circus and the constant pressure from the media asking multiple questions about the future and causing a disruption. Nebraska and it’s Athletic Department has not even made a whisper since last Saturday.

I am a UCF fan. I have been since Scott Frost was hired. I watched nearly all your games last year. Frost was my hero growing up. That’s the way Nebraska fans are. We follow our players even after they leave. I will follow you guys closely even after this year. UCF is hands down my second favorite team and probably always will be and I wish UCF nothing but success. I know it’s hard right now. And if Nebraska was in the same situation I’d be salty, pissed and hurt. But cooler heads will prevail.

I’m sorry for the trolls as well. That is BS. My hope is once things calm down we can talk football without the tension. I know some of you don’t think highly of our state. But if you ever find yourself in Nebraska come take in a game. It’s a special experience all college football fans should see.
Dude get off our damn board, we don't give a crap. What, we should be happy he is leaving? Not seeing through quite possibly our best year. Well I am not happy and nothing you dopes can say will change my mind. Now go run around in your damn corn field and keep believing you are all fine and decent folks.

Dude get off our damn board, we don't give a crap. What, we should be happy he is leaving? Not seeing through quite possibly our best year. Well I am not happy and nothing you dopes can say will change my mind. Now go run around in your damn corn field and keep believing you are all fine and decent folks.
I’m agreeing with you. I know it sucks. He is seeing it through. Could have left last Monday. But he is still pushing hard at UCF.

I don't know which ones are worse. The ones that troll, or the ones that are condecending. I just wish they would all leave and go to their own board. I don't know what they are trying to accomplish here except make us HATE them even more.

I don't know which ones are worse. The ones that troll, or the ones that are condecending. I just wish they would all leave and go to their own board. I don't know what they are trying to accomplish here except make us HATE them even more.
And this is exactly the point of what I'm saying. There was not a single personal attack. No he wasn't being condescending. Yet you guys couldn't help but make some snide remark.

And this is exactly the point of what I'm saying. There was not a single personal attack. No he wasn't being condescending. Yet you guys couldn't help but make some snide remark.

Dude......no personal attacks, but this is a UCF message board. You don’t belong here, and frankly we are all over the entire condescending elitist bologna from the fanbase of a 4 win team. If you can’t understand that, there is simply no hope for you!

So because he took the job, he is required to stay at that job forever?

I just scanned this....

This

Midwestern Dontcha Know Passive Aggressiveness. They're always the most butt hurt type of fan exasperated when they are a more "established" power in college football and are shocked that we don't give a damn. Saw it at Michigan: "thanks for making the trip Central Florida! Here's to a clean game." To some extent like Maryland this year where their heads exploded when we stood up and cheered in the "season ticket holder" seats. Great article on Midwestern NICE: https://www.thrillist.com/lifestyle/nation/my-life-living-midwestern-nice

Reactions: LemmyKilmister
Yet another Nebraska hick thread. I have no problems with the way Scott has handled this. Win the champ game if possible, then move on Sat night or Sunday. I expect he will take coaches with him. Just leave enough of them long enough for the bowl game.

Go to Oregon's board. FSU fan is on there. Florida was here then Mississipi State's board. atm on FSU'S. I went to Washington State's board when we hired Moos to get insight. They love Moos significantly more than you guys love Frost if what I have seen here lately would be called love. Even though they loved the crap out of Moos, I could have a conversation with them and they never attacked or suspected me of trolling.

Next coach you guys get, if he is successful will get offers. Those fans will be here as well.

Reactions: NU_FTW
I went to Washington State's board when we hired Moos to get insight. They love Moos significantly more than you guys love Frost if what I have seen here lately would be called love. Even though they loved the crap out of Moos, I could have a conversation with them and they never attacked or suspected me of trolling.
Its all about timing.
Bill Moos at Washington State 2010–2017
Scott Frost at UCF 2015 - 2017

youre derailing gifs of Sean William Scott didnt help either.

I appreciate the husker fans who are reasonable on here. This is a first for us as far as coaches being poached and then add some guy asking what players are leaving with him just adds to a very fresh wound. The reality is the mojority us really like Frost and want nothing more for him to stay. He really is building something special here and for myself I’m not sure UCF or Nebraska can recapture it and I’m not just talking about wins. I also believe he is leaving and I know it will hurt no matter win or lose tomorrow.

I hope UCF fans send him off in a positive way and not come close to the toxic manner Tennessee fans have reacted. As bad as it hurts I do think it’s in UCFs best to be respectful and not make the news for negative reasons.

Reactions: HuskerJedi777
Its all about timing.
Bill Moos at Washington State 2010–2017
Scott Frost at UCF 2015 - 2017

youre derailing gifs of Sean William Scott didnt help either.

What gif of Sean William Scott?

I actually minded my manners until a handful of your fans crapped all over my program and state, which dogged Frost ironically.

Reactions: smhowla
He was being condescending.

As I will be now.

Grow a pair.

The condescension comes from the idea that fans of a non traditional school do not get college football history or the underlying reasons why coaches leave for worse teams with more history.

Or that they do not know what a FG is worth.

The condescension in the idea that somehow someone who roots for Notre Dame understands the game more, because they root for a historically better team, even if they are fat and dorky, very likely, while I am athletic and cool and know what a safety is too, if not more.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT