ADVERTISEMENT

Add Boise to AAC?

dont feel like dealing with the headache that they are currently giving the MWC.
If they come and get the same share as everyone else then cool but im sure they will want to negotiate their own separate deal and down the rabbit hole we go.

Also it wont legitimize us, nothing will. Its just another team fighting for the same NY6 spot, except now we help Boise's SOS. P5 or bust yall.

In fairness to Boise, it is the MWC trying to break the deal they had with Boise. I do agree no special treatment from AAC. Also agree it won't legitimatize the AAC, we are already seen as the cream of the crop of G5.

In fairness to Boise, it is the MWC trying to break the deal they had with Boise. I do agree no special treatment from AAC. Also agree it won't legitimatize the AAC, we are already seen as the cream of the crop of G5.

This. The MWC is trying to break their agreement for the special deal. You can't just break a deal because now they changed their minds. Honestly the lawsuit is probably making it more likely they jump ship and might negotiate a lower buyout to breaking the contract.

ESPN is probably motivated to steal Boise State from Fox and weaken the mwc in the process.

Reactions: Endeavor.
When Boise State and the MWC settle this, they won’t have to pay a buyout.

The Fox deal is 6 years. So Boise can claim the 1.8 million sweetheart should have applied each year. So that’s 10.8 million. I think the exit fee for MWC is only 7.5 million.

Well, here's the other thing, if Boise leaves the MWC, why would FOX keep the contract? They'd lose their most valuable commodity.

Well, here's the other thing, if Boise leaves the MWC, why would FOX keep the contract? They'd lose their most valuable commodity.

According to Boise State’s original contract, MWC shouldn’t have included Boise State in the Fox deal because it’s required to be a separate deal. Fox bought a product based on false terms from the MWC. The Fox deal will be renegotiated regardless.

Last edited:
No Gulf coast community college.
Adding boise and whoever is a homerun. It separates us from the rest of the G5 conference's and puts us above ACC in S&P ratings by conference. One article i read said we could become the new P6. Where there is smoke there is usually fire... and since we are in the AAC, we need perception on our side. boise makes the AAC a legitimize conference with the rest if us.

Reactions: KnightLife1
Adding boise and whoever is a homerun. It separates us from the rest of the G5 conference's and puts us above ACC in S&P ratings by conference. One article i read said we could become the new P6. Where there is smoke there is usually fire... and since we are in the AAC, we need perception on our side. boise makes the AAC a legitimize conference with the rest if us.
If that's what ESPN wants then they need to make us a power conference.

Reactions: shacket and ahabmw
It'll never make sense to me that when UCF gets criticized for their weak schedule UCF fans complain (and rightfully so) about P5 teams refusing to schedule one and ones with us, but if somebody suggests a way to improve the schedule without giving in to the P5 elite demands a lot of UCF fans are against it because it'll make things tougher on us. Let's practice what we preach, we should want things to be tougher on us to get where we want to be, not ducking a challenge like every P5 team that refuses to play us.

Reactions: Yaes and clmssun
It'll never make sense to me that when UCF gets criticized for their weak schedule UCF fans complain (and rightfully so) about P5 teams refusing to schedule one and ones with us, but if somebody suggests a way to improve the schedule without giving in to the P5 elite demands a lot of UCF fans are against it because it'll make things tougher on us. Let's practice what we preach, we should want things to be tougher on us to get where we want to be, not ducking a challenge like every P5 team that refuses to play us.
Because we still don't get credit for a harder schedule.

Clemson won the ACC and the criticism was still weak schedule. I mean UCF is never going to have a SEC gauntlet schedule like LSU had. I don’t feel like the weak schedule criticism is ever going away.

I would like to see us get some home and homes with top 10 teams.

Adding Boise solidifies our hold on the New Years G5 spot even more.

My ideal expansion would be byu,bsu, sdsu/AF. This makes us a lot closer to P5 than G4. Each year we can arguably be better than a down acc,big 12 or pac.
That's interesting. Thanks.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT