ADVERTISEMENT

Alabama Woman Who Lost Pregnancy in Shooting Is Charged in Fetus’s Death

KnighttimeJoe

Todd's Tiki Bar
May 29, 2001
Alabammer going all in with their abortion stuff.

Marshae Jones was five months pregnant when she was shot in the stomach. Her fetus did not survive the shooting, which the authorities say happened during a dispute with another woman.

But on Wednesday, it was Ms. Jones who was charged in the death.

Ms. Jones, 28, was charged with manslaughter and booked into jail on a $50,000 bond, according to the authorities in Jefferson County, Ala. The police have said she was culpable because she started the fight that led to the shooting and failed to remove herself from harm’s way.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/27/...ny3qDeNnaIFWHMSvEv37pubWp4X63DPDKTzKjoxYbOQes

Alabammer going all in with their abortion stuff.

Marshae Jones was five months pregnant when she was shot in the stomach. Her fetus did not survive the shooting, which the authorities say happened during a dispute with another woman.

But on Wednesday, it was Ms. Jones who was charged in the death.

Ms. Jones, 28, was charged with manslaughter and booked into jail on a $50,000 bond, according to the authorities in Jefferson County, Ala. The police have said she was culpable because she started the fight that led to the shooting and failed to remove herself from harm’s way.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/06/27/...ny3qDeNnaIFWHMSvEv37pubWp4X63DPDKTzKjoxYbOQes
Is she being charged under tha abortion law or is she being charged under the same Murder statutes many people have about harming a pregnant woman.

Is she being charged under tha abortion law or is she being charged under the same Murder statutes many people have about harming a pregnant woman.

The pregnant woman was the gun shot victim. She is basically being charged for putting her self in a position to get shot and hurt the fetus, at least the way I understand it.

Last edited:
Reactions: UCFWayne
If there is any doubt why Alabama is continually in the bottom 3 of state rankings, here you go.

Reactions: NinjaKnight
The pregnant woman was the gun shot victim. She is basically being charged for putting her self in a position to get shot and hurt the fetus, at least the way I understand it.
I get that. I’m just wondering which law she’s being charged under. Makes a difference if you’re going to sell this story as an abortion law story. If it’s a murder charge or similar, aggressive prosecutors could (and do) file similar charges in many states of this country.

Props to Alabama. She isn't charged with murder, she's charged with manslaughter. This is no different than if I gave liquor to a minor and they drove off and killed someone: I would be complicit in a crime. This woman brought it on herself and an innocent life was ended because of her actions.

Props to Alabama. She isn't charged with murder, she's charged with manslaughter. This is no different than if I gave liquor to a minor and they drove off and killed someone: I would be complicit in a crime. This woman brought it on herself and an innocent life was ended because of her actions.
I figured it was something like that. Perfect example of bias in journalism. There is no reason to tie this to the abortion story if they aren't charging her with violating that law and bringing it up in the story is done to serve a political agenda.

Alabama gonna do whatever they can to put more negros in jail.

Alabama gonna do whatever they can to put more negros in jail.

This is ironic since white wealthy liberals routinely reference poor African Americans as a reason for abortion expansion and insist that they'll "suffer" the most if any protections for unborn children are expanded.

Guess they gotta do whatever they can to assure more African American children are killed in the womb.

She should have gotten out of the way. Charge her so that the next pregnant lady moves.

She should have gotten out of the way. Charge her so that the next pregnant lady moves.
The prosecutors presented evidence to a Grand Jury showing that the pregnant woman started the fight with another woman over the baby's father. A Grand Jury weighed the evidence and returned an indictment. This wasn't like it was the police on scene charging with manslaughter. The other woman also faced a Grand Jury which did not indict.

She should have found a way to resolve their differences that didn't involve her physically assaulting a woman while she was pregnant.

Also, why do you people on the left always fail to consider any facts about encounters when you decide to use them as examples? Don't you realize that just hurts your cause with the rest of society when you're crying wolf so often?

The prosecutors presented evidence to a Grand Jury showing that the pregnant woman started the fight with another woman over the baby's father. A Grand Jury weighed the evidence and returned an indictment. This wasn't like it was the police on scene charging with manslaughter. The other woman also faced a Grand Jury which did not indict.

She should have found a way to resolve their differences that didn't involve her physically assaulting a woman while she was pregnant.

Also, why do you people on the left always fail to consider any facts about encounters when you decide to use them as examples? Don't you realize that just hurts your cause with the rest of society when you're crying wolf so often?

The truth is that they really don't care about this lady, what they care about is that this charge and this story forces them to speak in a context that actually accounts for this unborn child to be a relevant human being and not some worthless fetus that they can degrade.

I don't know how I feel about this. If we start charging women for manslaughter for a baby dying in the womb, where will it end?

Exactly! She should have moved.

I don't know how I feel about this. If we start charging women for manslaughter for a baby dying in the womb, where will it end?
You don't think they've already been doing this for women who take drugs, drive drunk, etc.? This is not even close to the first time that a woman has been charged when her actions caused the death of her unborn baby.

You don't think they've already been doing this for women who take drugs, drive drunk, etc.? This is not even close to the first time that a woman has been charged when her actions caused the death of her unborn baby.
I still don't like it. It's her body. It's a very slippery slope.

I'm sorry, but this point is total crap. She took on the responsibility of caring for another person when she made the choice to get pregnant. If I start a fight with someone when my daughter is there and she gets killed because of my dumbass decision to fight, I should be held liable for that decision. I don't care if she's 20 years old or 20 weeks old. When you put someone else at risk you have to suffer the consequences if things go south. That isn't a slippery slope, that's responsibility.

I'm sorry, but this point is total crap. She took on the responsibility of caring for another person when she made the choice to get pregnant. If I start a fight with someone when my daughter is there and she gets killed because of my dumbass decision to fight, I should be held liable for that decision. I don't care if she's 20 years old or 20 weeks old. When you put someone else at risk you have to suffer the consequences if things go south. That isn't a slippery slope, that's responsibility.

He just says this shit to remind us all that AsALibertarian he has AsALibertarian deep seeded views that are unique to being AsALibertarian

It's Alabama's body.
Alabama is one of those states that pushes personal responsibility quite heavily. But I think this goes too far.

And before you criticize Alabanians, remember, when Roy Moore's crap came out after he captured the primary -- which was not even as bad as some in other states (like Virginia) -- Republicans were more than willing to vote Democratic, instead of him. This is unlike allegedly 'progressive' states, that will continue to vote for someone who actually committed sexual assault, and far more recently.

Alabama is one of those states that pushes personal responsibility quite heavily. But I think this goes too far.

And before you criticize Alabanians, remember, when Roy Moore's crap came out after he captured the primary -- which was not even as bad as some in other states (like Virginia) -- Republicans were more than willing to vote Democratic, instead of him. This is unlike allegedly 'progressive' states, that will continue to vote for someone who actually committed sexual assault, and far more recently.
Trump was never charged or convicted of those assaults so not sure why you’d even bring them up.

I'm sorry but I just cannot for the life of me grasp this thought process. And I know this is gonna open up this whole debate on life/fetus/viability etc like with abortion but the idea that a woman can do as she pleases because a baby is part of her body is just insane. Again we can argue where that point is but at some point you have to become morally and legally responsible for a human child.

In theory I understand what is meant by slippery slope here but I personally am willing to err on the side of protecting innocent human life in situations like this. In before: "Well why don't you care ab them after they're born?!"

I'm sorry but I just cannot for the life of me grasp this thought process. And I know this is gonna open up this whole debate on life/fetus/viability etc like with abortion but the idea that a woman can do as she pleases because a baby is part of her body is just insane. Again we can argue where that point is but at some point you have to become morally and legally responsible for a human child.

In theory I understand what is meant by slippery slope here but I personally am willing to err on the side of protecting innocent human life in situations like this. In before: "Well why don't you care ab them after they're born?!"

Bingo. There is a narrative being pushed that an unborn child is basically just another appendage or tumor that can be removed at will without any moral repercussions since after all, it’s a worthless appendage or tumor.

This way of thinking is particularly vile once you’ve been through an 8 week ultrasound (I have 3x) and see a human child with human child physical traits on the little picture they send home with you.

How do you police lifestyle choices that lead to miscarriages? Say this lady want shot, but was an alcoholic and lost the child. Simple answer is you can’t. Where does it turn from tragedy to felony?

Ms. Jones, 28, was charged with manslaughter and booked into jail on a $50,000 bond, according to the authorities in Jefferson County, Ala. The police have said she was culpable because she started the fight that led to the shooting...
Imagine a wealthy blue-eyed blond mother-to-be that discovers her big Birmingham businessman husband is cheating on her. She goes to face the GF in her high-rise apartment. She has an angry confrontation and the GF shoots her and the pregnancy is terminated.

Who here believes the mother-to-be gets charged with manslaughter?

Imagine a wealthy blue-eyed blond mother-to-be that discovers her big Birmingham businessman husband is cheating on her. She goes to face the GF in her high-rise apartment. She has an angry confrontation and the GF shoots her and the pregnancy is terminated.

You really don’t have to play the race card in every hand.

Depends. Does the woman in your scenario have nice tits?

The shooter was cleared of any wrong-doing because, get this, she was ‘defending herself’ against this unarmed pregnant woman.

But the fact Alabama is charging the once-pregnant woman with manslaughter isn’t about race at all. Right guys? We’re all supposed to believe her race had absolutely nothing to do with it. And if you believe that, I’ve got a one-foot wide strip of land to sell you in Florida.

The shooter was cleared of any wrong-doing because, get this, she was ‘defending herself’ against this unarmed pregnant woman.

But the fact Alabama is charging the once-pregnant woman with manslaughter isn’t about race at all. Right guys? We’re all supposed to believe her race had absolutely nothing to do with it. And if you believe that, I’ve got a one-foot wide strip of land to sell you in Florida.
So now you’re adding the “unarmed” stupidity to the race baiting argument. Got anything else?

Reactions: UCFKnight85

The woman that shot her is black. She wasn't charged. How is this about race again?

ADVERTISEMENT