ADVERTISEMENT

Alabama Woman Who Lost Pregnancy in Shooting Is Charged in Fetus’s Death

An emotional, five-month pregnant woman confronts you in a Dollar General parking lot because she's discovered you're messing with her boyfriend.

She's so pissed at you that she starts throwing punches. Given this, you're legally justified to pop her with your handgun since it's "self-defense"

Tell me again that's not crazy.
With the alternative being potentially beaten to death? No, it's not crazy. I stand with the black woman who defended herself against potentially fatal harm.

Reactions: UCFWayne
With the alternative being potentially beaten to death?

Holy Hyperbole, Batman!

Until now, I never realized when I got a black eye as a result of a fight with another 12 year old kid that I was in such mortal danger.

Too bad I didn't have a handgun so I could have popped that SOB in self-defense.

Holy Hyperbole, Batman!

Until now, I never realized when I got a black eye as a result of a fight with another 12 year old kid that I was in such mortal danger.

Too bad I didn't have a handgun so I could have popped that SOB in self-defense.
1. You obviously didn’t read the link I posted in the last post.
2. You’re still defending your grossly ignorant position.
3. Apparently you like looking ignorant rather than learning something about what you’re trying to debate.
4. If you’re an example of a successful progressive, it’s no wonder why so many of your compatriots are hate-filled and emotional. All you have is the emotional appeal and you’re too damn stubborn to let go of that and learn the actual truth and reasoning behind things. Eventually you’ll either burn out and become a bitter old man that everyone ignores or you’ll be consumed by your emotions. I actually feel sorry for you.

1. You obviously didn’t read the link I posted in the last post.
2. You’re still defending your grossly ignorant position.
3. Apparently you like looking ignorant rather than learning something about what you’re trying to debate.
4. If you’re an example of a successful progressive, it’s no wonder why so many of your compatriots are hate-filled and emotional. All you have is the emotional appeal and you’re too damn stubborn to let go of that and learn the actual truth and reasoning behind things. Eventually you’ll either burn out and become a bitter old man that everyone ignores or you’ll be consumed by your emotions. I actually feel sorry for you.
hes already an old man. hes in his mid to late 60s. yet he argues on an internet message board like a teenager. loloolololololo

Let's just remember that Shookster doesn't give a shit about this woman. He's only interested in this story since under the law in question, an unborn child is rightly being treated as a US citizen with rights and this is extremely bothersome to a morally putrid "Christian' like him that views unborn children as worthless meat suits (his exact words).

Holy Hyperbole, Batman!

Hyperbole is comparing a fight between 12 year olds and grown adults and suggesting they are the same thing.

Let's say that it was your daughter who was attacked and used a gun to defend herself. Would you still be defending the woman who attacked her? Or reverse the roles and say your daughter attacked someone and got shot and lost a baby. Is your response to how the legal process works consistent in those 2 scenarios?

Hyperbole is comparing a fight between 12 year olds and grown adults and suggesting they are the same thing.
I saw a big fight on the news involving parents at a nine-year old Little League game for crying out loud! Dumbass fights are dumbass fights at any age.

Let's say … your daughter attacked someone and got shot and lost a baby. Is your response to how the legal process works consistent in those 2 scenarios?
My daughter is a White, blue-eyed, 32 year-old blond. As I've said all along, the DA would never have filed charges in that scenario. The other scenario wouldn't apply because my daughter isn't stupid enough to use a firearm during a dispute with another person.

Props to Alabama. She isn't charged with murder, she's charged with manslaughter. This is no different than if I gave liquor to a minor and they drove off and killed someone: I would be complicit in a crime. This woman brought it on herself and an innocent life was ended because of her actions.

You are aware that pregnant women get quite emotional and go batchit crazy at times. Not sure if you are married buddy. I think her actions were wrong, but to charge her with manslaughter? Really?

I'm sorry but I just cannot for the life of me grasp this thought process
It's easy ...

1) UCFBS is a Libertarian
2) Libertarians are obsessed with civics-based arguments
3) Roe v. Wade established it was a woman's right to choose for her body

So, I've always taken issue with the killing of an unborn fetus being being +1 in whatever the charge was, no matter who was charged.

It's easy ...

1) UCFBS is a Libertarian
2) Libertarians are obsessed with civics-based arguments
3) Roe v. Wade established it was a woman's right to choose for her body

So, I've always taken issue with the killing of an unborn fetus being being +1 in whatever the charge was, no matter who was charged.
Did you just refer to yourself in the third person?

Did you just refer to yourself in the third person?
Yes. Just like anyone else who claims to be a Libertarian, insert their name.

That's how this works. Many Libertarians are Pro-Life and -- gasp -- even Christian. But they refuse to use the state to institute Christian values.

You are aware that pregnant women get quite emotional and go batchit crazy at times. Not sure if you are married buddy. I think her actions were wrong, but to charge her with manslaughter? Really?
Somebody died. You can't just say "oh, hormones" and make it be a-ok. She attacked another person. That person defended themself within the bounds of what is legal. Somebody died. You can't really just dismiss that based on muh hormones.

Still kind of funny how the argument pivoted away from racism though.

Somebody died. You can't just say "oh, hormones" and make it be a-ok. She attacked another person. That person defended themself within the bounds of what is legal. Somebody died. You can't really just dismiss that based on muh hormones.

Normally in mutually agreed combat you would go to jail if you escalated force to guns without some other factor. We’ll never see the grand jury testimony, but it would be interesting to see what they considered. I didn’t want to cloud the issue before because Shuck was playing the race card, but it does seem a bit strange on the surface that a non-pregnant woman wouldn’t be able to fend off a pregnant woman. We just don’t get enough specifics in the stories, though. Was the pregnant woman 3 months pregnant and a 6 foot tall trained fighter versus a 5 foot tall string bean with health issues? Did she blindside her and start banging her head into the pavement and the shooter could not escape? It all matters.

it does seem a bit strange on the surface that a non-pregnant woman wouldn’t be able to fend off a pregnant woman.
No shit. That's been my point all along.

The only way I can explain it was that 1) it was in Alabama; and 2) the Pregnant victim of the shooting was Black. I've gotten a lot of 'well what about this case or that case where a white woman was charged.' But none of them came anywhere close to this crazy one where THE VICTIM of a shooting was the one charged with manslaughter.

No shit. That's been my point all along.

The only way I can explain it was that 1) it was in Alabama; and 2) the Pregnant victim of the shooting was Black. I've gotten a lot of 'well what about this case or that case where a white woman was charged.' But none of them came anywhere close to this crazy one where THE VICTIM of a shooting was the one charged with manslaughter.
Yes, it’s a strange case. You went straight race card and acted like there was no due process. I don’t think racism had anything to do with it. Again, we don’t know what went on so it’ll always be strange. I think we can all agree this had nothing to do with Alabama’s abortion law.

So if the mother slipped on a staircase and lost the baby are you charging her as well b/c she didnt use the hand rail? lol? There has to be a lesser charge besides manslaughter.

Reactions: ucfversusbcs
So if the mother slipped on a staircase and lost the baby are you charging her as well b/c she didnt use the hand rail? lol? There has to be a lesser charge besides manslaughter.
False equivalency. You are comparing an accident to assault.

False equivalency. You are comparing an accident to assault.
Both are accidents.

Yes, the pregnant gal picked a fight with a woman who was making moves on her boyfriend. But that kind of ‘dispute’ happens daily in this country and around the world.

But this Alabama incident was an accident because Momma-to-be’s boyfriend stealer was a batshit crazy broad with a gun. Oops.

Either way, I agree she should get a child endangerment or negligence charge, but manslaughter? Really?
She may well get convicted on a lesser included charge. Depends on the jury and the jury instructions given at trial.

Both are accidents.

Yes, the pregnant gal picked a fight with a woman who was making moves on her boyfriend. But that kind of ‘dispute’ happens daily in this country and around the world.

But this Alabama incident was an accident because Momma-to-be’s boyfriend stealer was a batshit crazy broad with a gun. Oops.
Please tell us how you know the woman who defended herself was batshit crazy?

Please tell us how you know the woman who defended herself was batshit crazy?
Let's seeeeeee….
1) She apparently was messing around with another woman's man -- her unborn baby's Daddy no less.
2) When she was approached, she apparently wasn't too receptive to the Pregnant Woman's message.
3) When the Preggo physically attacked her, she fought back rather than get the hell out of there.
4) When the Preggo kept hitting her, she escalated the situation by shooting her with a handgun she was carrying.

I don't know about you, but those actions sound pretty batshit crazy to me.

Let's seeeeeee….
1) She apparently was messing around with another woman's man -- her unborn baby's Daddy no less.
2) When she was approached, she apparently wasn't too receptive to the Pregnant Woman's message.
3) When the Preggo physically attacked her, she fought back rather than get the hell out of there.
4) When the Preggo kept hitting her, she escalated the situation by shooting her with a handgun she was carrying.

That’s a pretty good list of assumptions you have there.

Let's seeeeeee….

To clarify, the woman(with the gun)who the two-timer was with, went to see him with his pregnant gf in the vicinity?

Last edited:
Well there ya go, justice has been served.
The moral of this story: When you're an Alabama DA who has made a dumb call, cut your losses and surrender as quickly as possible.

It's certainly better than continuing to pursue a manslaughter charge that was so utterly ridiculous that it captured the attention of the rest of the nation.

ADVERTISEMENT