ADVERTISEMENT

All those butthurt over the game being canceled....

UCFProud

Five-Star Recruit
Jan 5, 2014
You need to stop. Now.

Do the players from the state of Florida need to be with their families or on the practice field in the aftermath of Irma?

Do the police officers and paramedics and other support staff need a break from working extra shifts making sure all of us here in the central part of the state are safe?

Do those that work the game need to be there or at home taking care of whatever damage they had sustained?

Just how much ice and water do you think it takes to run a game and when do you think that needs to start arriving for a Saturday kickoff?

Give it a rest folks, chill out and calm down. If the loss of money for your tickets to those two games is your problem then you are not a true fan and should go scream at some other team's website, we don't need you here.

Lets pull together for the school, the team and those that support each game and show them the love and respect they deserve. There are many reasons why these two games were canceled and none of you know the full story anyways.

Thanks dad. Getting lectured again on what's important to me, my morals, beliefs and what a true fan is. Tired of people preaching to me and trying to make me see things the way that they see it.

Point is simply that this could have been handled better! That's all a lot of people are saying. Keep reading.

ADDITIONALLY, IT IS ENTIRELY POSSIBLE TO CARE ABOUT WATCHING UCF FOOTBALL, THE WELL-BEING OF THE PLAYERS AND THE WELL-BEING OF THE HURRICANE VICTIMS. Even though wanting to see these games played has nothing to do with being insensitive or not caring. They are separate issues and some people just don't comprehend that Football is a lifter of people's spirits in a time after this tragedy. They played a freaking soccer game after 50 people were murdered at a club in Orlando. Remember that?

Houston just hosted an NFL game. They were just as bad off.

Last edited:
You need to stop. Now.

Do the players from the state of Florida need to be with their families or on the practice field in the aftermath of Irma?

Do the police officers and paramedics and other support staff need a break from working extra shifts making sure all of us here in the central part of the state are safe?

Do those that work the game need to be there or at home taking care of whatever damage they had sustained?

Just how much ice and water do you think it takes to run a game and when do you think that needs to start arriving for a Saturday kickoff?

Give it a rest folks, chill out and calm down. If the loss of money for your tickets to those two games is your problem then you are not a true fan and should go scream at some other team's website, we don't need you here.

Lets pull together for the school, the team and those that support each game and show them the love and respect they deserve. There are many reasons why these two games were canceled and none of you know the full story anyways.
You're not a true fan if you want a refund?
How about if you want 1 more game? 2 games? Are you a true fan then? So.., now you're making your own definition of what a true fan is based on what? Your beliefs?

Did you not read Danny White's email?? It went out to some "true fans". I'll take his definition of one over yours, thank you.

He's not saying what you are implying at all, so why are you speaking in his place?

Last edited:
How about if you want 1 more game? 2 games? Are you a true fan then? So.., now you're making your own definition of what a true fan is based on what? Your beliefs?

Did you not read Danny White's email?? It went out to some "true fans". I'll take his definition of one over yours, thank you.

He's not saying what you are implying at all, so why are you speaking in his place?
You should see the people in Facebook telling people they can't want games to be played. More obnoxious over there.

You need to stop. Now.

I'm so sick of these type of posts. They only serve to make yourself feel better by basically saying "Look how good of a person I am." I don't know if you've seen the news coverage but the damage from Irma outside of the Keys was extremely limited. Yes some neighborhoods were damaged badly but it's nothing compared to what happened in Houston. As unfortunate as it is, these things happen. Do I applaude Frost for allowing players to go be with their family? Yes, some of these kids family's have no other option in terms of caretakers. But I'm sick of people like you insinuating that we don't "love and respect" the team just because we believe some sort of resolution could have been made to play the game this weekend. I don't know what part of Florida you're from but I'm in the heart of South Florida and things are already getting back to normal down here so I'd imagine east Orlando is the same. We have two cities in Tampa and Gainesville who are less equip to deal with hurricanes yet are still hosting games this weekend. As I've said elsewhere I'm a huge believe in Danny White, Coach Frost, and the rest of our athletic department but I believe in this particular case this is just the result of extremely poor planning.

I'm so sick of these type of posts. They only serve to make yourself feel better by basically saying "Look how good of a person I am." I don't know if you've seen the news coverage but the damage from Irma outside of the Keys was extremely limited. Yes some neighborhoods were damaged badly but it's nothing compared to what happened in Houston. As unfortunate as it is, these things happen. Do I applaude Frost for allowing players to go be with their family? Yes, some of these kids family's have no other option in terms of caretakers. But I'm sick of people like you insinuating that we don't "love and respect" the team just because we believe some sort of resolution could have been made to play the game this weekend. I don't know what part of Florida you're from but I'm in the heart of South Florida and things are already getting back to normal down here so I'd imagine east Orlando is the same. We have two cities in Tampa and Gainesville who are less equip to deal with hurricanes yet are still hosting games this weekend. As I've said elsewhere I'm a huge believe in Danny White, Coach Frost, and the rest of our athletic department but I believe in this particular case this is just the result of extremely poor planning.
I'm in Palm Beach County and besides some trees that were knocked over, not much else happened. I think Jacksonville had flooding though.

100% agree. Sometimes people post this stuff to make themselves look holier than hell and all the rest of us are all bad people.

Thanks dad.

Act like a child, get treated like one?

From what I have seen spit at the school and it's athletics department I felt this post was necessary. I have no doubt that distractions like football games (both types) can be both welcome and needed but this soon after what can be considered a natural disaster seems a bit much to me and to get angry over how it was handled seems REALLY absurd given how little everyone knows about how the situation developed leading up to the game being canceled.

Houston just hosted an NFL game. They were just as bad off.

Good to know you live in Houston or have visited there since Harvey hit so you know first-hand how that situation was handled.

Frankly, I don't know how any of you can think about football while Kim Jong Un mistreats the population of North Korea. We should cancel all the games until that stops and we should just spend saturdays remembering how lucky we are to have freedom.
You all are horrible people.
This actually makes sense.

I never said fans shouldn't expect a refund, where was that written. Nor was it implied. I am referring to those that are up in arms over the issue of having lost two games "due to the poor decision making abilities" of the UCF Athletics staff. Danny's email goes out and still people freaked out. Give them time to figure this out and if their "fix" or "solution" to the problem of missing two games does not workout for folks then that is a bridge to cross at that time. Until then the folks that are all butthurt over their choice of how to handle this need to chill out.

but I believe in this particular case this is just the result of extremely poor planning.

And that is exactly why I posted what I did. Unless you were there to help make the decisions they made you have no clue what the choices were and why. If my post hit a nerve then maybe you should have a little more compassion for others. This was not a post to glorify my own sense of humanity it was a post born out of frustration over so many people speaking their minds without knowing much of anything about the real situation and not really caring to either. If that bothered you then that is on you, not me.

I never said fans shouldn't expect a refund, where was that written. Nor was it implied. I am referring to those that are up in arms over the issue of having lost two games "due to the poor decision making abilities" of the UCF Athletics staff. Danny's email goes out and still people freaked out. Give them time to figure this out and if their "fix" or "solution" to the problem of missing two games does not workout for folks then that is a bridge to cross at that time. Until then the folks that are all butthurt over their choice of how to handle this need to chill out.
I'm fine with the e-mail. I'm sitting and waiting for another solution. Preferably games over compensation.

Last edited:
Reactions: BigXIIOrBust
If the loss of money for your tickets to those two games is your problem then you are not a true fan and should go scream at some other team's website, we don't need you here.
It's not implied that we are not true fans if we want a refund? This is from your own post.

Reactions: Stetson_1883
Frankly, I don't know how any of you can think about football while Kim Jong Un mistreats the population of North Korea. We should cancel all the games until that stops and we should just spend saturdays remembering how lucky we are to have freedom.
You all are horrible people.

Gee, maybe the next house to get crushed by a tree like my neighbor's did will be yours and you can come back with your poorly directed sarcasm and tell us all about it. Obnoxiousness is such a wonderful quality in a person. My post had nothing to do with what you are saying at all.

You do tend to lean towards the type of UCF fan the Cows like to make fun of.
Don't even go there with that crap. Who on here really cares about what Cow fans think. They are probably playing this weekend and are on here wondering why we aren't, if you really want to go there

So.., since you know so much about what the Cows fans think, are you a USF troll?? That explains all of this

Yep, called virtue signalling. Its (ALMOST) like people who give "thoughts and prayers" during disasters etc instead of truly helping (no disrespect to religious people). They just want to look good to the public, but not actually do anything productive.

It's not implied that we are not true fans if we want a refund? This is from your own post.

It was not at all implied I don't think. It was all part of my explanation that screaming at them for the choices they made seems ridiculous without having all the facts.

To elaborate - Why not wait until the solution to the loss of two games presents itself and then the debate can begin. Demanding that that school make it right because they made" bad decisions" is not the way to go.

And that is exactly why I posted what I did. Unless you were there to help make the decisions they made you have no clue what the choices were and why. If my post hit a nerve then maybe you should have a little more compassion for others. This was not a post to glorify my own sense of humanity it was a post born out of frustration over so many people speaking their minds without knowing much of anything about the real situation and not really caring to either. If that bothered you then that is on you, not me.
Of course I have no clue what the choices were. Neither do you. But the fact is we have other universities in the state that are playing games this weekend. Tampa was hit much harder than Orlando and USF is still playing (a full day earlier than we were scheduled). Gainesville is an extremely old town surrounded by extremely old and in most cases broken-down homes/businesses and UF is still playing. UCF, Orlando, and the surrounding areas are more suited to deal with hurricanes than either of those two cities yet we are the ones out yet another home game. This seems to point to a lack of foresight by our decision makers, all things considered.

Reactions: UCF0509
It was not at all implied I don't think. It was all part of my explanation that screaming at them for the choices they made seems ridiculous without having all the facts.

To elaborate - Why not wait until the solution to the loss of two games presents itself and then the debate can begin. Demanding that that school make it right because they made" bad decisions" is not the way to go.
Yes it is the way to go. That's your opinion. If we voice our opinions, I'm sure that the athletic department will try all that much harder to make it right vs just a bandaid solution if we say nothing.

Gee, maybe the next house to get crushed by a tree like my neighbor's did will be yours and you can come back with your poorly directed sarcasm and tell us all about it. Obnoxiousness is such a wonderful quality in a person. My post had nothing to do with what you are saying at all.
So I'm concerned about the wellbeing of North Koreans and you wish a tree to fall on my house. Wow... true colors coming out here.

PS. If I has a huge football fan and a tree fell on my house... after I did the initial collecting of items, days later, as I sit in my hotel room, I might like a distraction, like a football game.

We have people from all over the state on here. It seems like normal traffic. Storm couldn't have been that catistrophic.

So I'm concerned about the wellbeing of North Koreans and you wish a tree to fall on my house. Wow... true colors coming out here.

PS. If I has a huge football fan and a tree fell on my house... after I did the initial collecting of items, days later, as I sit in my hotel room, I might like a distraction, like a football game.
Tree falls on my house. UCF is playing GT. I secure my house and go to the game

I saw this post and I thought you guys would appreciate it....

"All Florida football games are being played in the state of Florida except this one.....that includes Pro, college, high school, and even all pop warner contests......"
Well there you have it. Our biggest or second biggest home game of the year cancelled. The one and only game. Says at least something

You need to stop. Now.

So the only players on any team are in Florida? There isn't a single player on 1 team outside of Florida whose home is in south Florida? Why does the players on the U Texas team have to play while ours get the week off? Do their families not matter? I'd probably lose this bet, but I'm willing to be there are more Floridians on teams outside of Fla, than on any of the Fla. teams. You see how callous your first statement was?

For the rest of your crap, and yes it was complete crap, maybe someone bothering to take the time to think about it before cancelling would have bee a good idea.

By the way, the National Guard is great, but I had no idea they didn't need any of the ice and water you mentioned earlier. Amazing.

So the only players on any team are in Florida? There isn't a single player on 1 team outside of Florida whose home is in south Florida? Why does the players on the U Texas team have to play while ours get the week off? Do their families not matter? I'd probably lose this bet, but I'm willing to be there are more Floridians on teams outside of Fla, than on any of the Fla. teams. You see how callous your first statement was?

For the rest of your crap, and yes it was complete crap, maybe someone bothering to take the time to think about it before cancelling would have bee a good idea.

By the way, the National Guard is great, but I had no idea they didn't need any of the ice and water you mentioned earlier. Amazing.
Great point! There are many, many players from areas affected in Florida by the hurricane that play throughout the country who will be playing this weekend. That I can tell you without even really knowing for sure. More than the Florida teams? Not sure, but since there are about 130 or so FBS teams, I wouid have to say severla dozen to a few hundred

336 kids from Florida played in the FBS in

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT