ADVERTISEMENT

All-time hottest temperature records set all over the world this week

NinjaKnight

Todd's Tiki Bar
Feb 18, 2007
Probably all fake news. Climate always changes, etc.

The mercury hit 30.1C in Castlederg in Northern Ireland on June 29 - a new record - while temperatures in Tbilisi, Georgia, and Yerevan, Armenia, rose this week to 40.5C and 42C respectively.

In the US, the Washington Post reports that heat in Denver, Colorado tied an all-time high of 40.6C on June 28.

Guinness World Records has said that in the town of Quriyet, Oman, on June 26, the lowest temperature over the 24-hour period was a sweltering 42.6C - making a new record for highest "low".

Going back to the last ice age (12,000 years ago approx), we are still below the Holocene climate optimum. Thats surprising to me quite honestly, I would have thought we were far above it.

Believe May 2018 was one of the coolest months ever for the Orlando area.

5 days that month the high temperature never made it out of the 70's while just 4 days reached 90 or higher.

Climate has always changed for millions of years, let alone by centuries or even decades.

Only thing constant in weather is change.

Believe May 2018 was one of the coolest months ever for the Orlando area.

5 days that month the high temperature never made it out of the 70's while just 4 days reached 90 or higher.

Climate has always changed for millions of years, let alone by centuries or even decades.

Only thing constant in weather is change.

:joy::joy::joy:

You make Trump look like a Mensa member.

Spectrum Stadium is about to be 1,000 feet below sea level in 2 months. Let's see what you can do Milton!

Dumbest take in the history of message boards. I beg you to explain how it's a good thing.

Fewer people freezing to death, no expanses of land in Canada that can be settled, longer growing seasons, increased footprint in rainforests. I can go on, but maybe tell me why its a bad thing. Can people not relocate from the coastlines over the course of a few hundred years?

Fewer people freezing to death, no expanses of land in Canada that can be settled, longer growing seasons, increased footprint in rainforests. I can go on, but maybe tell me why its a bad thing. Can people not relocate from the coastlines over the course of a few hundred years?
Crops will be ****ed. Fertile areas won't grow food. People will starve and opt for war instead of death.

i believe global warming is real. we still dont understand most of it. we need to get countries like india and china involved if we hope to make any real difference. especially when it comes to waste management.

I have been out in Park City Utah for the last few days and it's been hotter than hell, even when I was above 10,000 feet altitude hiking and biking... I got my first sunburn of the summer in Utah... 95deg+ and was over 100 a when we were a couple hours south. Not the vacation from Florida heat I was hoping for.

I have been out in Park City Utah for the last few days and it's been hotter than hell, even when I was above 10,000 feet altitude hiking and biking... I got my first sunburn of the summer in Utah... 95deg+ and was over 100 a when we were a couple hours south. Not the vacation from Florida heat I was hoping for.
Its easier to get sunburned there realistically, its at altitude.

Get some polygamy Porter! Do not get beer thirty©. Yes, that's the brand, it's litterally called "beer thirty".

Reactions: UCFRogerz
Understatement of the decade. Hope you could buy stuff on base at the class 6, at least they have normal proof alcohol there.
I wasn't on base at all, this was a pure vacation! It seemed like avoiding draft beer was the ticket as you could get beer >4%abv that way. Wine was the second option. Liquor was very strict 1.5oz pours. Either way, expensive af to drink!

I wasn't on base at all, this was a pure vacation! It seemed like avoiding draft beer was the ticket as you could get beer >4%abv that way. Wine was the second option. Liquor was very strict 1.5oz pours. Either way, expensive af to drink!

Haha yeah I remember that, literally every bottle had a measuring doohicky on it. And no drink specials, those are illegal.

Utah makes up for their weird alcohol laws with some very nice craft cocktails and beers. But yeah, their rules make absolutely no fukcing sense whatsoever. I especially love the signs in restaurants or bars that they have to post by law: "This is a bar, not a restaurant," and vice versa.

Regardless, SLC is absolutely beautiful. People are very nice there, and it's clean. It's a lot more progressive than one might think, too.

Crops will be ****ed. Fertile areas won't grow food. People will starve and opt for war instead of death.

Help me out here. I live in what is known as the breadbasket of the world and grew up in a farming family. I understand what growing conditions are good for crops like corn and soybeans and which ones are bad. We are told that temperatures will increase by about 3 or 4 degrees on average and will have more precipitation if global warming actually comes to fruition. That is a good thing for cash crops, and even if it proves to be too hot in the summers, it will mean that the other seasons will be more temperate and would facilitate growth at times that are impossible now. As a nation we currently export about 25% of our food production so it stands to reason that we could see a drop of 25% and still be fine.

What you are saying is counterintuitive to the real world, so explain why it makes sense.

Help me out here. I live in what is known as the breadbasket of the world and grew up in a farming family. I understand what growing conditions are good for crops like corn and soybeans and which ones are bad. We are told that temperatures will increase by about 3 or 4 degrees on average and will have more precipitation if global warming actually comes to fruition. That is a good thing for cash crops, and even if it proves to be too hot in the summers, it will mean that the other seasons will be more temperate and would facilitate growth at times that are impossible now. As a nation we currently export about 25% of our food production so it stands to reason that we could see a drop of 25% and still be fine.

What you are saying is counterintuitive to the real world, so explain why it makes sense.

Analysis from 70 studies on temperature change across multiple crop types.
https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/for-crop-harvests-every-degree-of-warming-counts/

And it's not the United States that will be hit. It'll be the places closer to the equator where they already don't have a winter really. Those countries will have wide spread hunger and death. When people can't eat, they fight.

I'm sorry but that study is nothing more than speculation generated by people who either have a political bias or no actual experience in the field. Cash crops like corn and soybeans thrive in hotter weather as long as temps as night drop below 82 degrees.

Which people who wrote that study has no experience in the field?

Which people who wrote that study has no experience in the field?
I have no idea, but their premise is faulty. If you want to believe it then thats fine, but I'm telling you from both extensive personal experience and general knowledge from people who actually grow those crops that it is incorrect.

I have no idea, but their premise is faulty. If you want to believe it then thats fine, but I'm telling you from both extensive personal experience and general knowledge from people who actually grow those crops that it is incorrect.
i wouldnt take someone from nebraska's word on growing corn.*

This reminds me of the scare tactics regarding the Ogallala aquifer. In 2001 we were told that it had been drained to a level that was a danger to the future of irrigation and that it would never reach full capacity again unless we took dramatic steps to reduce extraction. Funny thing is, no steps were taken and yet the aquifer replenished itself to 110% of what is considered historically full capacity. The same thing happened with the largest reservoir here: we had drought and it drew down water levels to a point that hadnt been seen since it was originally filled. Scientists told us that it would NEVER reach full capacity again. 3 years later, they had to release water at a rate that they never had because it was above capacity.

Why wouldnt I be skeptical of scientists who are funded by the government giving doomsday scenarios when common sense counter indicates their claims? Its always the same thing and the solution is always more taxes and regulation. Sorry, you should have been more accurate in your predictions if you want us to believe you.

Reactions: UCFWayne
i wouldnt take someone from nebraska's word on growing corn.*
I live smack dab in the middle of the highest producing 400 square miles of corn and soybean yields in the world. There isnt a farmer here that says we need less heat other than when we have nights that the temps dont drop, which is rare. We are essentially the home of the 3 major seed producers in the country, and they have mastered the art of heat resistant seed as well as pest and insect resistance. The only issue we have to deal with on a fairly regular basis is hail resistance and cold temp yields, and even that isnt much of an issue. There are seeds that are designed for longer seasons where temps are predicted to be down and shorter season seeds for when its going to be hotter. We have corn hybrids that can withstand 135 MPH winds for gods sake.

Im sorry but reading the so-called experts is a ****ing joke and their claims of famine and pestilence are nothing more than scare tactics. 25 years ago farmers aimed for 80-100 bushels an acre for corn and 30-40 on soybeans. Today we regularly see 320 an acre on corn, even dryland, and 100 on soybeans.

Reactions: UCFWayne
I do believe we are doing damage to our planet and thanks to guys like Al Gore flying around in a personal jet. We exactly are we going to do? Unless other countries like China and many others on board, it is useless and we just end up being less competitive because we do things the expensive route.

We must stop hypocrites like Gore though.

Last edited:
I'm sorry but that study is nothing more than speculation generated by people who either have a political bias or no actual experience in the field. Cash crops like corn and soybeans thrive in hotter weather as long as temps as night drop below 82 degrees.
We're safe then because global warming only happens in the daytime.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT