ADVERTISEMENT

Allen Robinson signs w the Bears

Poolside Knight

Todd's Tiki Bar
Apr 2, 2007
Jags fans: I thought the whole point of Bortles taking less of the cap for the 2018 season was to leave more money to sign a top WR like Robinson? Do the top skill guys not believe in him?

Reactions: UCFhonors
Jags fans: I thought the whole point of Bortles taking less of the cap for the 2018 season was to leave more money to sign a top WR like Robinson? Do the top skill guys not believe in him?
I don't watch a lot of NFL, but Robinson has never struck me as an elite WR or even a solid second receiver. Whatever cap space he was going to take up would be better used on another FA.

Reactions: Boston.Knight
I don't watch a lot of NFL, but Robinson has never struck me as an elite WR or even a solid second receiver. Whatever cap space he was going to take up would be better used on another FA.
well elite can be debated but he was easily the most experienced and talented WR on the roster. He was very good at catching high balls near the sideline

Reactions: Stormthecourt?
3 years 42 mill? Nope. He's a decent #2 guy, but the Jags were smart to avoid that price tag. I had hopes that he would sign with ATL as a 2 or 3, but that not with that type of cap hit.

well elite can be debated but he was easily the most experienced and talented WR on the roster. He was very good at catching high balls near the sideline
I would consider elite top five or so. He's solid and still young, but he's never been elite. Nobody ever talks about him with Beckham or Jones. But who knows, maybe with a more consistent QB he could be elite.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
These are all verbal agreements. Can't sign yet. But 14 mil a year for a WR? Hell No. Leveon Bell turned down 13 mil a year from Steelers. I wouldn't give him much over that. Once Big Ben retires the Steelers will be bad and no sence paying an older RB that kind of money. Antonio Brown won't be worth his contract once Ben leaves either. Ben makes them all look better.

Reactions: Mikesi
Dude is injury prone, and coming off ACL surgery. I wouldn't drop $10mm/season on that. Make a trade and go get Dez Bryant. Cowboys are ready to jettison him off for the proper return.

Reactions: Mikesi
I think Robinson believed more in $ then Bortles.

Very prudent move by Jags.
Most receivers coming off knee injuries take two years for full recovery so he was NOT worth big dollars for this season.
Also, the WR group in the draft is very strong. They should draft two WRs, one high and one low.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT