ADVERTISEMENT

Am I the only one

sick of coming th this board and hearing how we should be sooothankful to Frost, Beckton and the rest for gracing us with their presence? I'm focused on our team and coaches.
Resentment is personally destructive. If you would like to continue hating the people who put effort forth that is multiples of anything you have ever done, so be it, but it only hurts you.

Reactions: UCFBS
what-you-talkin-bout-willis.jpg%3Fw%3D549

Resentment is personally destructive. If you would like to continue hating the people who put effort forth that is multiples of anything you have ever done, so be it, but it only hurts you.
Go home, you're drunk. That's an insult, troll.

sick of coming th this board and hearing how we should be sooothankful to Frost, Beckton and the rest for gracing us with their presence? I'm focused on our team and coaches.
Poolside is a Frost guy and UCBS/muckdog24 are Beckton guys

That’s fine, but I’m a UCF guy. They either haven’t been here long enough or left under bad circumstances.

I liked them when they were here. They aren’t UCF guys anymore. I don’t feel the same way about guys like Kevin Smith

The Cornhole's schtick is getting old and boring. Same old recitals about ancient history, blah blah blah. Go back to the Cornhole board, maybe someone over there will be interested.

The Cornhole's schtick is getting old and boring. Same old recitals about ancient history, blah blah blah. Go back to the Cornhole board, maybe someone over there will be interested.
He’s hooked and they don’t want him.

Go home, you're drunk. That's an insult, troll.

That's an insult? Good golly I would have thought an insult would include the current temperature in Lincoln or some variation of a phrase including the words corn and hole, or at the very least a loose reference to traitorous activities. Possibly a racial slur or some other kind of bigoted remark about geography equating to the Nazi belief structure.

That's an insult? Good golly I would have thought an insult would include the current temperature in Lincoln or some variation of a phrase including the words corn and hole, or at the very least a loose reference to traitorous activities. Possibly a racial slur or some other kind of bigoted remark about geography equating to the Nazi belief structure.
You're an old cat lady who is slightly in to Midevial Faires aren't you...

Reactions: Mikesi
Awesome! Loved Frost when he was here, but now I 100% support our new coach Josh Heupel until he screws over UCF, losses a bunch of games, steals recruits or takes his entire staff with him.

UCF fan > Frost fan
And with all that if you step back and look big picture it's still could have turned out way worse for UCF.

Frost turned down the UF Job and if he wasn't dead set on Nebraska there was a good chance that FSU would have offered him before Taggart. Frost as the current UF or FSU Head Coach would have been way more devastating for UCF's Program when it comes to perception or what it would have done to the fanbase moral vs him going home.

Poolside fanboy, time to move on...What have they done for us lately?
[laughing]if that's all you got I'll take that. I won't make him a Soviet Enemy of the State after 13-0, Conference Title, and the biggest win in Program History. If that makes me a fanboy in your eyes so be it. He didn't do everything right but I would make a good bet that the hate level on this board lately doesn't match how most of the fanbase feels about him. I'll still make fun of our lurking Huskers trying to spin weather :golf:

And with all that if you step back and look big picture it's still could have turned out way worse for UCF.

Frost turned down the UF Job and if he wasn't dead set on Nebraska there was a good chance that FSU would have offered him before Taggart. Frost as the current UF or FSU Head Coach would have been way more devastating for UCF's Program when it comes to perception or what it would have done to the fanbase moral vs him going home.

[laughing]if that's all you got I'll take that. I won't make him a Soviet Enemy of the State after 13-0, Conference Title, and the biggest win in Program History. If that makes me a fanboy in your eyes so be it. He didn't do everything right but I would make a good bet that the hate level on this board lately doesn't match how most of the fanbase feels about him. I'll still make fun of our lurking Huskers trying to spin weather :golf:
I agree. If he went to UF or FSU, we would be really screwed in so many ways. Unimaginable. Especially UF

Reactions: Poolside Knight
Frost made it very clear that he had no desire to talk to us. Of course in retrospect, it appears that he had already made a deal with Nebraska by the time we approached him.
The whole last days and weeks were sort of a gray area. There were reports that he was torn up to the last minute. Such reports were confirmed by Marc Daniels, Jerry O’neal and even Frost himself. How could he have changed his mind? I can only assume he agreed to the deal verbally, but didn’t actually sign it until a bit later. Osborne and company sealed the deal.

I think that he listened to UF people possibly through a 3rd party, but never really gave it a lot of consideration

Again, him as the coach at UF would have really set our program back. Perception of the 2 programs, an exciting offensive 2-3 hours away, recruiting, stolen recruits by all those coaches 2-3 hours away,
Etc., Etc., Etc.

Last edited:
The whole last days and weeks were sort of a gray area. There were reports that he was torn up to the last minute. Such reports were confirmed by Marc Daniels, Jerry O’neal and even Frost himself. How could he have changed his mind? I can only assume he agreed to the deal verbally, but didn’t actually sign it until a bit later. Osborne and company sealed the deal.

I think that he listened to UF people possibly through a 3rd party, but never really gave it a lot of consideration

Again, him as the coach at UF would have really set our program back. Perception of the 2 programs, an exciting offensive 2-3 hours away, recruiting, stolen recruits by all those coaches 2-3 hours away,
Etc., Etc., Etc.
Yes and if he didn’t go to Nebraska he would have gone to UF. It was easy to pretend to not want that job because he had Neb already lined up. Don’t believe the torn up inside stories. That was all show.

Reactions: KnightHammer
Thankful that he led us to a National Championship, undefeated season, names on jerseys, excellent uni combos, FEF, and reset the relationship with local coachs? If being thankful for all that is wrong, then I don’t want to be right

Yes and if he didn’t go to Nebraska he would have gone to UF. It was easy to pretend to not want that job because he had Neb already lined up. Don’t believe the torn up inside stories. That was all show.
I don't know. Frost is wired a little different and doesn't have the whole SEC worship thing going on. I believe Juan from 247 and Marc Daniels. Also there were some Gator fans in the know that said that Spurrier was at the USF game and wanted to speak with Frost after the game and SF blew him off. That's not acting like someone that was considering UF. I think it's dumb on his part bc of how ridiculously easy it would be to recruit elite talent to compared to Nebraska but I'm glad that he did bc the blow to UCF would be even worse.

I don't know. Frost is wired a little different and doesn't have the whole SEC worship thing going on. I believe Juan from 247 and Marc Daniels. Also there were some Gator fans in the know that said that Spurrier was at the USF game and wanted to speak with Frost after the game and SF blew him off. That's not acting like someone that was considering UF. I think it's dumb on his part bc of how ridiculously easy it would be to recruit elite talent to compared to Nebraska but I'm glad that he did bc the blow to UCF would be even worse.

Yep. Frost himself has said that if Nebraska hadn't opened up he would still be in Orlando.

Yep. Frost himself has said that if Nebraska hadn't opened up he would still be in Orlando.
He said that after he knew he was going back to Nebraska. We will never truly know but I'm willing to bet he would have listened to UF if Nebraska hadn't already offered and he knew he was accepting.He got mad that UF announced his people met with their people. Why would he emphatically denounce those rumors but not the Nebraska rumors? Because people at Nebraska were upset on those rumors. Not UCF People. Because we were upset with the Nebraska rumors and he didn't even bat an eye at trying to dispell those.

While I completely agree with you ...

You should take the same message to heart, when you talk down to UCF fans. UCF has accomplished more this decade ... than Nebraska.

UCF shows up to major bowl games against top 10 teams, and wins. Nebraska failed in their only attempt this decade (2012).

And trying to hold UCF's record from pre-conference FBS era is pretty much just the ultimate insult.

While I completely agree with you ...

You should take the same message to heart, when you talk down to UCF fans. UCF has accomplished more this decade ... than Nebraska.

UCF shows up to major bowl games against top 10 teams, and wins. Nebraska failed in their only attempt this decade (2012).

And trying to hold UCF's record from pre-conference FBS era is pretty much just the ultimate insult.

I think you are mistaking me with someone else. I don't remember ever making a comment about Ucfs history prior to joining a conference that was negative.

I think you are mistaking me with someone else. I don't remember ever making a comment about Ucfs history prior to joining a conference that was negative.
Exactly. You're ignorant, and you don't realize what you're saying.

HINT: The last time Nebraska was nationally relevant, UCF was an independent, looking for a FBS conference invite.

Reactions: Mikesi
Exactly. You're ignorant, and you don't realize what you're saying.

HINT: The last time Nebraska was nationally relevant, UCF was an independent, looking for a FBS conference invite.

Wait, what did I say and why was it negative?

About how UCF hasn't accomplished what Nebraska has, and you've been backtracking ever since.

Well I don't recall that conversation, but in point of fact that is true. How many teams have played in 4 title games in 5 years and won three of them? Or won back to back title a twice? I'm not sure why you're offended by that statement, and whatever it was that I said was likely in response to someone saying Nebraska football is irrelevant which isn't true.

Well I don't recall that conversation, but in point of fact that is true. How many teams have played in 4 title games in 5 years and won three of them? Or won back to back title a twice? I'm not sure why you're offended by that statement, and whatever it was that I said was likely in response to someone saying Nebraska football is irrelevant which isn't true.
Re-insert ...

Begin circular replay ...

Re-insert ...

Begin circular replay ...

How is that negative? UCF hasn't fielded a football team nearly as long as Nebraska. It stands to reason that having 80 years of additional history would mean that it has done more.

I'm not insulting anyone or bragging about anything. The only game that matters is the next one and the only season that matters is the one you are playing in. I've said ad naseum that UCF should have been in the playoff and that the title claims are legitimate. I can also say that UCF has had a higher level of success over the last 10 years than Nebraska. Alabama and Ohio state have had more success in that timeframe than either of them. Why is any of that provocative or insulting to anyone? It's just a point of fact.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT