ADVERTISEMENT

Amid changes, Coach Beckton keeps hitting recruiting trail for UCF

Poolside Knight

Todd's Tiki Bar
Apr 2, 2007
Bleeds Black and Gold

This year it won’t be about coaches, although Beckton says it never has been for him. He is selling UCF — UCF football, UCF education, UCF life.

“We’re still selling the University of Central Florida,” Beckton said. “That’s the biggest thing for us. … I’ve been on the phone with a lot of guys trying to let those guys know that we’re still committed to their pledge … and we expect the same with them.”

As the only one doing it he must not get any sleep. I've wondered if Whatshisname asked him to go to Neb.

Rumors from the Sentinel there's offers on the table for "this place" to take both Walters and Bekton to Nub.

I am looking forward to early signing day. Orlando in December is magical on the UCF campus. :sunglasses:

I think the only reason Walters and Becton haven't been announced as staying yet is because they never spoke to Heupel until yesterday. I'd imagine that is happening today and something will be announced in the next few days.

Reactions: onetwocheck
giphy.gif

Reactions: UCFhonors
Bleeds Black and Gold

This year it won’t be about coaches, although Beckton says it never has been for him. He is selling UCF — UCF football, UCF education, UCF life.

“We’re still selling the University of Central Florida,” Beckton said. “That’s the biggest thing for us. … I’ve been on the phone with a lot of guys trying to let those guys know that we’re still committed to their pledge … and we expect the same with them.”

Great coach !

He has been here for 25 years, and has not been elevated past a position coach, perhaps he feels there is no more upward mobility for him elsewhere and he has higher aspirations. Yes, I’m disappointed because he was the one constant on the coaching staff who has been with the program through the highest of the highs, and the lowest of the lows, but he has been a faithful and dedicated member of the UCF family and I wish him success. I hope Nub has an outstanding receiving corps. And the rest of the team is subpar in every regard. Go Knights (and whoever is playing Nub)!

Reactions: Happy Hands
He has been here for 25 years, and has not been elevated past a position coach, perhaps he feels there is no more upward mobility for him elsewhere and he has higher aspirations. Yes, I’m disappointed because he was the one constant on the coaching staff who has been with the program through the highest of the highs, and the lowest of the lows, but he has been a faithful and dedicated member of the UCF family and I wish him success. I hope Nub has an outstanding receiving corps. And the rest of the team is subpar in every regard. Go Knights (and whoever is playing Nub)!
This seems about right. It's hard to hate on the guy. It's a good opportunity. It's sad that he's loyal to a snake like Frost, but he seems like an alright fellow.

Now his job will be to flip UCF commits, which will complete his transition to the dark side.

Reactions: SublimeKnight
good guy....but if he hasn't cracked a bigger gig at UCF after all these years then its time to move on.

Beckton to coach UCF 2025!
That's the point I made on Twitter to several. Let's say Beckton moves up to OC within a few years, after Walters gets a HC gig. Then we want Beckton to come home to his Alma Mater as HC. It's just how all this works.

Glad Frost and Beckton are working this out to the benefit of UCF's Recruiting, even if Beckton is still leaving.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT