ADVERTISEMENT

Andy Ngo

I don't follow this stuff but do Antifa and the Proud Boys balance each other out? Or who is the counter to Antifa? Out of curiosity I went on Facebook to search for both and saw open Antifa group pages but then when I searched Proud Boys I got a "Keeping Our Community Safe" warning and no groups.

I'm so far out of the damn loop here.

"The emergence of the two narratives based on the same facts, each with some grounding in reality, tells us a great deal about what’s going on in modern politics.

The right and some parts of the center need there to be a thuggish left, something that allows them to say that “both sides” are equally extreme in the Trump era even though that’s plainly untrue. Meanwhile, there’s a hunger among some parts of the left for a more radical and aggressive politics beyond the ballot box — a sense that the surge in racism and bigotry is so threatening that there’s no choice but to take to the streets and physically confront the pro-Trump right.

The debate over the attack on Andy Ngo, then, isn’t really a debate over press freedoms. It’s an expression of two divergent visions of where American politics is at right now — and who the biggest threats to its security are."

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2019/7/3/20677645/antifa-portland-andy-ngo-proud-boys

I really want to understand if this is a real thing bubbling more and more and ready to spread or if it's nothing. MSM clearly isn't taking any of this seriously. Who is funding this nonsense?

I don't follow this stuff but do Antifa and the Proud Boys balance each other out? Or who is the counter to Antifa? Out of curiosity I went on Facebook to search for both and saw open Antifa group pages but then when I searched Proud Boys I got a "Keeping Our Community Safe" warning and no groups.

I'm so far out of the damn loop here.
I would say, start by not getting your info from Joe Rogan. After that go to the FBI, they keep data on stuff like this so you don't have to speculate. You can see that the antifa fear mongering is just a tool to downplay right wing extremism when it happens.

https://beta.washingtonpost.com/nat...8-85df-7a6b4d25cfbb_story.html?outputType=amp

Reactions: NinjaKnight
True, I can't recall red states specifically in the south ever having angry mobs attacking people like this.

Me neither, the democrats have been out of control ever since they fought to keep slaves and started the KKK!

I would say, start by not getting your info from Joe Rogan. After that go to the FBI, they keep data on stuff like this so you don't have to speculate. You can see that the antifa fear mongering is just a tool to downplay right wing extremism when it happens.

https://beta.washingtonpost.com/nat...8-85df-7a6b4d25cfbb_story.html?outputType=amp

"Dont get your info from someone left of center talking to someone who was attacked by Antifa, get it from people who cheerlead for Antifa instead"

I don't think there's anything wrong with what Rogan offers. I enjoy his perspective and he lets his guests actually speak instead of talking over them or engaging them to inflamed arguments. I mean, one could do a helluva lot worse...

"The emergence of the two narratives based on the same facts, each with some grounding in reality, tells us a great deal about what’s going on in modern politics.

The right and some parts of the center need there to be a thuggish left, something that allows them to say that “both sides” are equally extreme in the Trump era even though that’s plainly untrue. Meanwhile, there’s a hunger among some parts of the left for a more radical and aggressive politics beyond the ballot box — a sense that the surge in racism and bigotry is so threatening that there’s no choice but to take to the streets and physically confront the pro-Trump right.

The debate over the attack on Andy Ngo, then, isn’t really a debate over press freedoms. It’s an expression of two divergent visions of where American politics is at right now — and who the biggest threats to its security are."

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-politics/2019/7/3/20677645/antifa-portland-andy-ngo-proud-boys
If I read the above excerpt correctly, Vox is trying to say that there is no violent left except in the minds of the right who need an enemy but the “sense” of growing racism and bigotry justifies taking to the streets in a militant fashion? This column is one hell of a deflection and a propaganda piece worthy of Pravda at its best (worst?)

Hannity demonizes Alinsky as the devil and that’s not fair. Alinsky came out of the University of Chicago in the beginning of the 20th century when that school was doing phenomenal work in political science, psychology, and leadership. His concepts are studied by many who engage in grassroots leadership and that means many more on the left than the right. Although, I’m sure Trump has read quite a bit of his work. Here’s a list that doesn’t get as much publicity as the rules for organizing and activism.

Just a friendly reminder that literally every single death due to domestic terrorism in 2018 was linked to right wing terrorists.

https://www.adl.org/news/press-rele...ery-2018-extremist-murder-in-the-us-adl-finds

Yeah find me a right wing group that runs around regularly trying to attack people. You're not even be remotely honest. Literally 23 fake Trump hate crimes already and 0 actual hate crimes.

Someone is trying to play the right wing boogy man. "In general" you would never have to worry about wearing an Obama shirt. Watch YouTube of all the people attacked for wearing a trump hat, shirt, or just supporting him. The left mob is the facists.

Who and where are the fascists?

Generally speaking, they are on the left. Just look at the basic tenets of fascism and tell me which party falls more in line with it:

Authoritarian
Central economic planning in cooperation with large companies
Labor unions working with the government
Suppression of dissenting speech
Regulated economic structure
Positive view of violence against opposition
Prefers charismatic leaders
Demands compensation for victims of the past

Reactions: UCFWayne
Shook Chicken gets his daily info from DailyKos yet is here saying we can’t listen to someone on Rogans Show describing exactly how he was assaulted

[roll]

He also remains a pathetic apologist for the terrorists in Antifa since he likes their politics

Reactions: UCFWayne
Yeah find me a right wing group that runs around regularly trying to attack people. You're not even be remotely honest. Literally 23 fake Trump hate crimes already and 0 actual hate crimes.

Someone is trying to play the right wing boogy man. "In general" you would never have to worry about wearing an Obama shirt. Watch YouTube of all the people attacked for wearing a trump hat, shirt, or just supporting him. The left mob is the facists.
the media controls the narrative, thus they still label "alt right" people as the new nazis. yet there is a group covering their faces in big cities destroying property and attacking people of a different political view. apparently those people are ok by the msm.

https://www.oregonlive.com/portland...and-lands-man-in-jail-for-nearly-6-years.html

Baton attack during June protests in downtown Portland lands man in prison for nearly 6 years

On Friday, a 24-year-old man linked to Antifa was sentenced to roughly six years in prison for assaulting a man at a June 29 Portland rally by using a metal baton. The victim, Adam Kelly, needed 25 staples to close his scalp wound after Gage Halupowski struck him.

not the guy that went after andy ngo but still good to see some justice

Reactions: beelit47
ADVERTISEMENT