ADVERTISEMENT

Another 5 spot ...

UCFBS

Todd's Tiki Bar
Gold Member
Oct 21, 2001
USA
Ohio State local AP voter considered putting UCF #3, but 'chickened out' at #5 ...
I'm fine with that. Any AP voter that puts us #5, right being the 4 in the CFP, is fine with me. I'm hoping for those who go #3, but I'll take #5. Especially in the heart of Ohio.

Just a little while ago, there was talk about us not moving at all, as some felt Auburn was 'overranked.'

Reactions: KMF-UCF
He made the point that he thought the '09 Boise team was better than '17 UCF, but clearly the P5 wasn't as good in '17 as '09. Fair enough, disagree on the former point, but he recognized the later, see he didn't put us #4 (or lower) which he put Boise that year.
Backhanded compliment. Fine. he has to keep his Broncos fan base happy. ;)

Reactions: UCFBS
Ohio State? They lost by 20+ to Iowa!

Ill totally defend even the Cleveland, Ohio State loving, voter for putting us #5, because he was objective enough to recognize that.

His excuse was UCF played one good team, yet USF is ranked 24th and their SOS went to crap and only their bowl win was the only one game with a winning record.
Final AP Top 25 says 3 American teams, same as Big XII and PAC 12.

I feel like we have to claw our way in every season. This is great for us and the American this year. Proof is in the pudding baby. #P6

The transitive property is much more legitimate when it’s a common opponent. It’s when you get to 2, 3, 4 and 5 degrees of seperartion that it loses steam.

UCF won the common opponent match ups with Bama, Georgia AND Notre Dame (Navy and Temple-same margins of victory, but UCF on the road and ND at home).

Per real time rpi, the American has the #4 strength of schedule of all the conferences. Same when you look at other rating systems like Anderson & Hester

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT