ADVERTISEMENT

Another Restaurant/Food Topic - Need Recommendations

fabknight

Diamond Knight
Gold Member
Aug 15, 2007
The wife and I have our anniversary coming up soon and we are planning on doing something simple and fairly inexpensive. We booked a decent hotel out near the convention center and we were planning on doing some bar hopping over in the I-Drive tourist trap area.

We want to go to someplace good for dinner first and we were considering going to the Pharmacy. Are there any other restaurants in that general area that people can recommend?
This post was edited on 1/29 2:07 PM by fabknight

Went to the Yard House near the eye a month or so ago. Food was good and they had a great beer selection.

Brick House Tavern is tasty on I-Drive. Yard House is good too.

First, don't stay at a shitty hotel near the convention center.
Second, don't go to Pharmacy. You will hate it, because you're a philistine.
Third, go stay at the JW Marriott and eat at Primo in the hotel, or the Hilton Bonnet Creek and eat at La Luce.
Fourth, always listen to me, because I am right and these other idiots are philistines.
Fifth, yes, some dumbass told you to go to a Darden restaurant above.

Been to Tutu Tango a couple of times. It was okay and I thought it was more stupid than eclectic.

We are staying at the Rosen because my wife works for OCPS and gets a very good discount on decent rooms.

Chemmie I've probably not only eaten a larger variety of food but have also prepared a larger variety than you ever will. I enjoy well prepared food and am willing to try almost anything at least once. I appreciate good food - it's part of spending a lot of time in Europe growing and eating a lot of different things that people don't eat regularly here in the States. So tell me why I wouldn't like the Pharmacy.

Both of the restaurants you recommended, although well rated, are Italian food which is not my first choice when going out. Any other recommendations?

Chemmie knows all the good places. Remind us again where you were eating with Jermichael when you decided to take your shirt off and pose for all those pictures on Facebook? Lulz.

Originally posted by chemmie:
First, don't stay at a shitty hotel near the convention center.
Second, don't go to Pharmacy. You will hate it, because you're a philistine.
Third, go stay at the JW Marriott and eat at Primo in the hotel, or the Hilton Bonnet Creek and eat at La Luce.
Fourth, always listen to me, because I am right and these other idiots are philistines.
Fifth, yes, some dumbass told you to go to a Darden restaurant above.
roll.r191677.gif

Of course you think a place like La Luce is great, if they're charging $20-24 for a plate of pasta.

Oh, $34 for a pork loin? Sounds reasonable*

I've had meals in authentic places in Rome, not tourist traps, with food that beats these shit out of these Orlando joints, and the pasta plates were no more than 9-10 Euros. The Secondi choices were like 12-14 Euros.

ADVERTISEMENT