ADVERTISEMENT

Another supreme court placement, another GOP win in 2018

Crazyhole

Todd's Tiki Bar
Jun 4, 2004
Trump won largely on the idea of moving the court to the right. Now we are looking at another justice that moves the court, so the base will be even more energized this November.

So the next question is who becomes the next speaker of the house with Paul Ryan leaving? Midterm elections are assured now, so do we get a populist tea party conservative in place since the establiahment is bailing out?

Trump won largely on the idea of moving the court to the right. Now we are looking at another justice that moves the court, so the base will be even more energized this November.

So the next question is who becomes the next speaker of the house with Paul Ryan leaving? Midterm elections are assured now, so do we get a populist tea party conservative in place since the establiahment is bailing out?
Lol at thinking republicans are keeping the house

Reactions: USFSucks
Lol at thinking republicans are keeping the house

Put up a contextualist nominee and the GOP wins in a landslide. The leftists have hinged their hopes on nothing happening that keeps his base excited. Well, give up on those hopes.

Someone please save this post from Fried Cuckin. I believe he also predicted that Trump would never win.

Speaking of win ....

WINNING never gets old.

fkztyni1bj611.jpg

Literally this everytime you talk.

The Deep State can't be happy about this.

We should try to get someone openly pro-White to follow Trump in 2024. Going back to a System Republican needs to be avoided. I don't like the idea of Pence becoming president. He's likely to be some boring failure, and then the Dems will defeat him in 2028.

im not sure why the democrats would want to try and stall this appointment. its not an election year. yes there are elections, but they are midterms and everyone knows the difference. if they did this, it would only hurt them in the future. republicans would then block them in mid term years when they are in power. do they really want to do that? just stupid.

im not sure why the democrats would want to try and stall this appointment. its not an election year. yes there are elections, but they are midterms and everyone knows the difference. if they did this, it would only hurt them in the future. republicans would then block them in mid term years when they are in power. do they really want to do that? just stupid.

If they do, the Republicans would be smart to just let it stretch out into late October and then just vote the nominee in. That would rile up the base like almost nothing else could and totally dictate the narrative going into an election that they will likely win anyway. States like Missouri would go Republican for sure under that scenario as opposed to being a 50-50 probability.

As long as we gain seats in the SCOTUS...it's checkmate. No term and just appeal everything to the court.

Sounds like I'll start getting more pissed at the Conservatives again by 2019. ;)

As long as we gain seats in the SCOTUS...it's checkmate. No term and just appeal everything to the court.

Misguided outlook. Stack the court and we will see what happens with POTUS. By design the judiciary is the weakest branch of government. Its treated like the be-all end-all of things now but that isnt the case. Understandably, conservatives want SCOTUS to be the bulwark of government now but we are talking about nominating justices that have small government leaning. How is that going to work out when a strongman type comes into the white house?

Misguided outlook. Stack the court and we will see what happens with POTUS. By design the judiciary is the weakest branch of government.
Define "weak"? That's the problem, it's an 1D linear argument. The framers used 3D.

SCOTUS:
  • Authority: None, no ability to make law
  • People: Least, least accountable to the people (lifetime appointment)
  • Strength: Strongest, power to rule things Constitutional or Unconstitutional
Its treated like the be-all end-all of things now but that isnt the case. Understandably, conservatives want SCOTUS to be the bulwark of government now but we are talking about nominating justices that have small government leaning. How is that going to work out when a strongman type comes into the white house?
The nice thing is that Libertarians tend to be viewed as Conservatives, hence why we get justices like Kennedy and Roberts, even if I disagree sometimes with the other three (3) Conservative justices.

I absolutely have some serious Libertarian issues with Sotomayor. She's authoritarian.

Although Vox still tries to pidgeon-hole everyone into Liberal-Conservative (e.g., calling Rand a 'conservative'), if the anything-but-Trump Clinton-Media-Progressives would stop for a bit, they might recognize both Kavanaugh and Kethledge are solid, Libertarian-leaning (so socially Liberal) choices.

Kavanaugh is even a bit socially fiscal in some ways (Healthcare), while Kethledge is a true Federalist. That means I'm leaning towards the latter, while I think the former will win the nomination.
Barrett is a mistake in my opinion, and she sticks her foot in her mouth too much as a result. I.e., would be another Palin-type mistake.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT